JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 3 | The Boneyard

JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Plum also looks back to her cold shooting ways...1-7 today. Vegas looks great though. McBride might be the league's best shooter this season. And Wilson/Cambage the best offensive post players.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This one turned into a blowout. Well at least Plum is contributing in other ways--5 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Don't look now but Las Vegas is now tied for 2nd with the Sun at 9-5.

This season has been so topsy-turvy that even inconsistent teams like the Suns and the Aces are well above average and injury-decimated teams like the Storm and the Lynx are above the median.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Plum also looks back to her cold shooting ways...1-7 today. Vegas looks great though. McBride might be the league's best shooter this season. And Wilson/Cambage the best offensive post players.

KMac has taken a total of 151 shots this season, shooting an overall pct. of 49 percent. Exactly 51 of those are 3-pointers, which she's hitting at a rate of 47 percent (I think that's third in the league.) Cambage and Wilson are the focus down low, but KMac is one dependable option, to say the least, both outside and on break. She's fine at attacking the rim at full speed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Apparently Delle Donne left the game early in 1Q with a facial injury, has yet to return.

Nneka (17 pts) and Riquna Williams (13) are leading LA, who lead 51-46 at the half.

Edit: It looks like Williams (who else) hit EDD in the face when she was shooting. It went uncalled and EDD was bleeding and had to leave the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Apparently Delle Donne left the game early in 1Q with a facial injury, has yet to return.

Nneka (17 pts) and Riquna Williams (13) are leading LA, who lead 51-46 at the half.

Edit: It looks like Williams (who else) hit EDD in the face when she was shooting. It went uncalled and EDD was bleeding and had to leave the game.
Riquna to ref: "I know where you live."

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Gray gets a triple double for LA. Big night for Williams and Nneka too. Hope EDD is okay.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
KMac has taken a total of 151 shots this season, shooting an overall pct. of 49 percent. Exactly 51 of those are 3-pointers, which she's hitting at a rate of 47 percent (I think that's third in the league.) Cambage and Wilson are the focus down low, but KMac is one dependable option, to say the least, both outside and on break. She's fine at attacking the rim at full speed.

She is a stud. She has a good shot to go 50/40/90 if she keeps it up. Not sure if anyone has accomplished that before.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gray gets a triple double for LA. Big night for Williams and Nneka too. Hope EDD is okay.
Clearly she's not okay if she didn't return to the game.

Williams should not be in the league, period. I don't care whether her smacking EDD's face was "unintentional." She should have not been on the floor to begin with.

When is her next court date, anyway?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Clearly she's not okay if she didn't return to the game.

Williams should not be in the league, period. I don't care whether her smacking EDD's face was "unintentional." She should have not been on the floor to begin with.

When is her next court date, anyway?

Agreed regarding Williams. Hopefully EDD sitting out is precautionary rather than anything that will keep her out for any extended period of time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
EDD only played 1 minute according to the box score. Nneka went off. She's been fairly quiet for the most par this year but she's still got it. Hope EDD is able to return to action right away. If not, the clearly best team in the league might come back to the pack in a hurry. What a cluster the league standings are currently.

Plebe

Reaction Score
EDD only played 1 minute according to the box score. Nneka went off. She's been fairly quiet for the most par this year but she's still got it. Hope EDD is able to return to action right away. If not, the clearly best team in the league might come back to the pack in a hurry. What a cluster the league standings are currently.
As long as Ms. "All 18" is there to take out the other team's best player, the Sparks are sure to rise up the standings!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have no interest in defending Williams' off-court conduct or her being allowed to play in the interim, but I've watched the clip right before EDD left the court several times, and Williams doesn't seem to be anywhere near EDD for the shot, miss, rebound, and out-of-bounds sequence. In fact, I don't even see EDD making meaningful contact with anyone - she sort of makes contact with Nneka, but if anything it looks like she jams her finger on the ball as it goes out of bounds. Am I missing something? I guess I'm not understanding why anyone thinks Williams is the source of the injury? Watch for yourself:

It happened before this on the Washington possession. EDD took a three from the corner and was contested by Williams. EDD complained about the foul not being called but didn't notice her bleeding until the defensive possession you've clipped here.

Reaction Score
Just posted Curt Miller's Lynx/Sun post-game press conference from the game held on Saturday, July 6th.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Delle Donne has a broken nose:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seems like EDD has been snake bit with injuries during her career, plus Lyme disease. Hope she can adjust to wearing a face mask. Some players do okay with it, and some just can't seem to shoot while wearing it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only time I'm happy to see the Wings win a game.

:rolleyes:

Chelsea Gray follows up her triple double with a 1-8 shooting... 6 t/o game :oops: Parker only played six minutes

Reaction Score
Weird that ESPN didn't show the play where the injury happened. I saw that highlight clip from the Sparks-Mystics game but it was more misleading than helpful. Does anyone have a link to the actual play where the injury happened?

Not really a link - will a blurry image of Parker's head meeting her face suffice?
66373585_2807085782697302_6080079163052523520_n.png

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A bunch of early games today. I really don't understand that from a scheduling standpoint. If attendance is an issue, why have late morning or early afternoon games on weekdays? Anyway Connecticut continues their free fall, now on a 5 game losing streak. Atlanta starting to play better. Phoenix blows out Washington, EDD didn't play. Las Vegas edges Indiana, Plum got the better of the battle of the Kelseys by a slight margin.

edit-LV now has the best record in the league by a half game over Washington. Mediocrity is going to reign supreme this season I think.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A bunch of early games today. I really don't understand that from a scheduling standpoint. If attendance is an issue, why have late morning or early afternoon games on weekdays? Anyway Connecticut continues their free fall, now on a 5 game losing streak. Atlanta starting to play better. Phoenix blows out Washington, EDD didn't play. Las Vegas edges Indiana, Plum got the better of the battle of the Kelseys by a slight margin.

edit-LV now has the best record in the league by a half game over Washington. Mediocrity is going to reign supreme this season I think.
I get the impression they occasionally play these daytime games to market to little kids. I caught the tail end of Aces-Fever game and the unmistakable sound of many shrieking little ones could be heard.

Just how important is EDD to the Mystics?
  • She missed their first 3 games, and the Mystics went 1-2.
  • She rejoined the team on June 1, and the Mystics went 9-2 in the month of June and rose to the top of the league standings. (And they were up by 15 at the half at Las Vegas when the game was suspended by earthquake.)
  • Since breaking her nose in the Sparks game, the Mystics are 0-2 and were blown out both games.
Don't look now, but Las Vegas just took over 1st place in the league standings, a half-game ahead of Washington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom