Jordan Hawkins Update?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins Update??

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Big minutes for Gaff coming. Hurley is going to have to play the starting 5 as long as possible. Might see Jackson at the point a lot this tournament. If one of Polley/Hawkins were out it wouldn't hurt as bad. Now we essentially have one player who has played often during the season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Per Hurley: Theres a virus that's "running through campus and has kinda hit the team a little bit". That's not great.

More concerned about Polley or others potentially being out or at less than 100%.

I think Polley plays, this is his last BE tournament.

Polley kinda has to play through that…no?

I’ll put money on it that he does.

MJ did

You got tonight, tomorrow, and a 9 pm game Thursday there’s still time.
Kinda hard unless we know what the virus is and how hard it hit him.

There is a stomach bug ripping through our high school right now and it knocked my daughter out with nausea, debilitating stomach pain, a headache and constant vomiting and dry heaves for around ten hours before she took some medication that made the vomiting and nausea stop, but she’s around 30 hours out now and just starting to feel good enough to get out of bed. She still has a headache and feels weak but will probably go to school tomorrow.

If it’s the same thing tearing through that campus I’d expect that he’ll be good enough to play by Thursday night but not sure how soon before then he’d be able to practice, or how close to 100% he’ll be.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes, a question mark in the thread title would help. Still not too late to edit.
What about about all those who couldn't see the Title as originally posted because they were a ignored?

Punctuation. It's actually not that hard.
"Punctuation: it's not just for nazi's." ™

Reaction Score
Kinda hard unless we know what the virus is and how hard it hit him.

There is a stomach bug ripping through our high school right now and it knocked my daughter out with nausea, debilitating stomach pain, a headache and constant vomiting and dry heaves for around ten hours before she took some medication that made the vomiting and nausea stop, but she’s around 30 hours out now and just starting to feel good enough to get out of bed. She still has a headache and feels weak but will probably go to school tomorrow.

If it’s the same thing tearing through that campus I’d expect that he’ll be good enough to play by Thursday night but not sure how soon before then he’d be able to practice, or how close to 100% he’ll be.
Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. My son’s school in Riverdale has been crippled by the flu since they ditched masking only a week ago. He had a 103 temp yesterday and is just coming out of it now. My daughter has a stomach virus that has hit Stamford schools hard. Going to see a lot of late flu/stomach bugs this year.

Reaction Score
What about about all those who couldn't see the Title as originally posted because they were a ignored?

"Punctuation: it's not just for nazi's." ™
Entschuldigung, but you improperly used zee apostrophe!!

Reaction Score
Per Hurley: Theres a virus that's "running through campus and has kinda hit the team a little bit". That's not great.

More concerned about Polley or others potentially being out or at less than 100%.
This has me worried that he mentioned that it “hit the team”. At least we still have a full day tomorrow, and don’t play until late Thursday night to give more time for rest/recovery.

Reaction Score

Awkward Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
Polley - assume will play BET, maybe not much Thurs but expect available fingers crossed.

Hawk - assume not available BET, maybe 1st round NCAA since at least 8 days away. Hope for the best.

After BET seal team in plastic bubble until NCAA's.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here comes a Gaffney flu game 29 pts 6 assists
Honestly, Jalen remembering that he's a good shooter would be a major boost to this team. Huge. While too many here skoffed, his defense is much improved and so is his A to TO ratio (despite not using bounce passes to Sanogo and having some picked off). He really has been playing well aside from shooting.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Honestly, Jalen remembering that he's a good shooter would be a major boost to this team. Huge. While too many here skoffed, his defense is much improved and so is his A to TO ratio (despite not using bounce passes to Sanogo and having some picked off). He really has been playing well aside from shooting.
He, maybe more than anybody, can change this team’s ceiling. Would also be great to see given how frustrating I’m sure these last couple years have been for him. He’s got plenty of tools to be a big piece of this team’s success. He just hasn’t quite figured out how and when to use them to define what his game is. Here’s hoping it clicks for him.

Reaction Score
Yes, a question mark in the thread title would help. Still not too late to edit.
Does anyone question the need for a question mark (missing punctuation)

Reaction Score

He showed signs last game, looked a little more confident while out there. But playing well aside from shooting much prior, didn’t see that all that much I must admit. Maybe I need to squint less when watching? Lol

Reaction Score
I would personally like to see Jalen Gaffney, Rashool Diggins and Samson Johnson get playing time to see what they can do in tough situations now that Tyler Polley and Jordan Hawkins are out.
Jalen will most certainly get more burn but stop with the Diggins and Johnson suggestions. It is the postseason and it’s too late to be tinkering with the lineup. It is what it is at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom