Jordan Hawkins Update?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins Update??

Reaction Score
How about no 3s and a dunk fest instead!?!?
Dunk Fest? Please............just score. Lay up, turn around short jumper, three off a good screen, pick-and-roll floater, corner trey..................why the focus on dunks? Two points are two points; three points are three. Leave the highlight film to ESPN.

Reaction Score
Dunk Fest? Please............just score. Lay up, turn around short jumper, three off a good screen, pick-and-roll floater, corner trey..................why the focus on dunks? Two points are two points; three points are three. Leave the highlight film to ESPN.
Just having fun I guess. I should’ve been more serious. Ho hum.

Reaction Score
My guess would be no Hawk but we’ll see Polley. Even if Polley isn’t 100% and is used as a decoy he helps open up our offense. Hopefully Hawk is recovering well and is cleared by next week.

Need to avoid foul trouble this weekend as we won’t have much depth…

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If a starter has diarrhea on the court which causes a driving opposing player to slip and fall, is that a fragrant foul?
In most cases, yes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hawkins missed Saturday’s regular-season finale against DePaul and remained in concussion protocol as of Tuesday. His status for Thursday was still unknown at that time, though Hurley did say he was “feeling better.”

Reaction Score
That happened at the Dunk (Providence/Xavier). They just sent some poor kid out there to mop it up after every possession.
The player stayed in the game after the first time it happened?

I guess the Coach and his teammates didn't want him sitting on the bench?

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If starters have projectile vomiting and / or diarrhea, and we lose, does that get captured in NET and KenPom?
Maybe, the Syracuse and Duke fan website will write about it and post a pic of Hurley's real time reaction.

They probably are aware of what we write about them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The player stayed in the game after the first time it happened?

I guess the Coach and his teammates didn't want him sitting on the bench?

:rolleyes:
I’ve never seen that one, I do remember the game where Katie Lou Samuelson had the flu and stopped to puke in a bucket during the game, but to her credit she kept playing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
May not be able to play as aggressively on the defensive end with the non-existent bench. Which kind of negates the strength of our starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Hawkins going to have to get a lot tougher and more physical in the offseason.

Reaction Score
All y'all? Is that a new southern phrase? For extra emphasis? :)
I moved to Dallas 5 years ago and love the phrase, all y'all(s). It's sort of my inside joke on the culture down here. Although in fairness, it's the rural culture, not so much the city culture.

There are 4 variations:
  • Y'all is singular. In one-to-one conversation.
  • Y'alls is plural if you are to talking to 2-3 people.
  • All y'all refers to the group you are part of.
  • All y'alls refers to the near world.

In all seriousness, I use all y'all and y'alls frequently and people will sometimes ask who I am talking about.

Putting aside the heat. as a city, Dallas is great; so are other major cities like Austin and San Antonio. Diverse, accepting, progressive and friendly. The northern suburbs (Plano) are cool too. The rural areas are often a total culture shock.

I run my Twitter fan site, @SSN_UConn, out of Dallas because I wanted to stay close to my alma mater. If I could move back to the Northeast, I would do so in a heartbeat. My wife and son would entirely disagree.

Reaction Score
I moved to Dallas 5 years ago and love the phrase, all y'all(s). It's sort of my inside joke on the culture down here. Although in fairness, it's the rural culture, not so much the city culture.

There are 4 variations:
  • Y'all is singular. In one-to-one conversation.
  • Y'alls is plural if you are to talking to 2-3 people.
  • All y'all refers to the group you are part of.
  • All y'alls refers to the near world.

In all seriousness, I use all y'all and y'alls frequently and people will sometimes ask who I am talking about.

Putting aside the heat. as a city, Dallas is great; so are other major cities like Austin and San Antonio. Diverse, accepting, progressive and friendly. The northern suburbs (Plano) are cool too. The rural areas are often a total culture shock.

I run my Twitter fan site, @SSN_UConn, out of Dallas because I wanted to stay close to my alma mater. If I could move back to the Northeast, I would do so in a heartbeat. My wife and son would entirely disagree.
Thanks for the southern culture lesson. Never lived in the south, just visited many places. And I will be keeping it that way,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom