Jordan Hawkins Update?? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jordan Hawkins Update??

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen that one, I do remember the game where Katie Lou Samuelson had the flu and stopped to puke in a bucket during the game, but to her credit she kept playing.
Depending on the situation, I guess there are different buckets in a basketball game.

Reaction Score

Sounds promising. As I said above, once you're through the steps of the protocol and you feel you're ready then you can play.

Freshman Jordan Hawkins (concussion protocol) sat out for a third straight game. However, Hurley said that the shooting guard’s symptoms appear to have cleared up, and that he could be back in the fold next week.

Reaction Score
Sounds promising. As I said above, once you're through the steps of the protocol and you feel you're ready then you can play.

Freshman Jordan Hawkins (concussion protocol) sat out for a third straight game. However, Hurley said that the shooting guard’s symptoms appear to have cleared up, and that he could be back in the fold next week.

As 8893 stated so eloquently, HUGE!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yeah I was watching closely before the game last night, he was kinda strutting around to the music and moving well and smiling. I took it as a good sign.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was watching closely before the game last night, he was kinda strutting around to the music and moving well and smiling. I took it as a good sign.
Good to hear....Hawk would have made a big difference last night but smart to keep him out....if we get him next week that is Huge.

Reaction Score
Did Hawkins have concussions in consecutive games? He must have had one because he was in protocol. But he was taken out of two games.

Given that, I would be very careful before rushing him back.

Reaction Score
Did Hawkins have concussions in consecutive games? He must have had one because he was in protocol. But he was taken out of two games.

No, he didn't have a concussion in consecutive games.

Reaction Score

If he had one in the 1st game, he would have never played the 2nd

Reaction Score
The Creighton collision seemed much more powerful than the one that took him out of the G'town game.

Reaction Score
If he had one in the 1st game, he would have never played the 2nd
Correct. The 2 games were 4 days apart so there's no way he could have gotten through concussion protocol in 4 days.

Btw, since a lot of people seem to not be aware of what the steps are in concussion protocol here is a link to read. I'm sure the athletic department has a very specific protocol based on these general steps.

Reaction Score
Correct. The 2 games were 4 days apart so there's no way he could have gotten through concussion protocol in 4 days.

Btw, since a lot of people seem to not be aware of what the steps are in concussion protocol here is a link to read. I'm sure the athletic department has a very specific protocol based on these general steps.

I've gotten kids through it, but yes most people don't understand it.

Reaction Score
Did we ever confirm if he actually had a concussion?
Hurley said he was going through the concussion protocol. So I guess he had a concussion. Then again concussions aren't like a broken bone or a sprained ankle. Sometimes there aren't specific symptoms like a headache or nausea so that you know you definitely have a concussion.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
B1A0E651-91D1-4036-99C6-26FA14902BF7.jpg

Reaction Score
Hurley said he was going through the concussion protocol. So I guess he had a concussion. Then again concussions aren't like a broken bone or a sprained ankle. Sometimes there aren't specific symptoms like a headache or nausea so that you know you definitely have a concussion.
Kid was staggering around walking to the locker room like he had taken a standing eight count. Not sure if it was a concussion but, regardless, it didn't look good. The more caution, the better.

Reaction Score
Hawkins will have to give us something on Thursday.

Their defense is good both inside and on the perimeter, but they're going to have to commit to stopping Sanogo and that will leave openings for shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom