Jordan Fuchs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given my username, people will probably assume I'm a huge fan of his. I've only heard of him a few times before this, but hopefully he can prove my assumed fandom to be right.

THC

Reaction Score
Given my username, people will probably assume I'm a huge fan of his. I've only heard of him a few times before this, but hopefully he can prove my assumed fandom to be right.
I don't know if that's cool or creepy.

Reaction Score
Looks like he never really talked to the coaches about playing basketball, but even if he's not someone we'd normally look at for bball, he's going to be better than a walk-onn

Reaction Score
Looks like he never really talked to the coaches about playing basketball, but even if he's not someone we'd normally look at for bball, he's going to be better than a walk-onn

Where did you see that? His father clearly references talking with Ollie.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Desmond Connor wrote a blurb about it in the Courant mentioning that he had not discussed playing hoops at UConn with the staff.

He's a terrific football recruit for us and if he eventually finds his way to a walk-on spot in hoops, that's great. He'd be an attribute to the program even if it's only as a reserve and practice player.

But again, this kid was an excellent pickup for Coach P.

Reaction Score
Desmond Connor wrote a blurb about it in the Courant mentioning that he had not discussed playing hoops at UConn with the staff.

He's a terrific football recruit for us and if he eventually finds his way to a walk-on spot in hoops, that's great. He'd be an attribute to the program even if it's only as a reserve and practice player.

But again, this kid was an excellent pickup for Coach P.

Thanks. Interesting that his father referenced Ollie.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
dayton, URI, Iowa St, RU? Not bad for a kid who was thought to be a football player.........imagine a free scholly and having a kid who can get you 8 boards a game and body up some PF's? Gonna happen!!

Rivals lists Florida as offering.

Reaction Score
Dez's blog

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/uconn-football-lands-te-jordan-fuchs/

"UPDATE:
UConn basketball coaches did not recruit Fuchs and have not talked to him about playing basketball. He is considered a mid-major hoops prospect."

Back-channel convos?

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465416 (sorry - premium article I guess)

"SMU, Rutgers, UConn, Stonybrook and Buffalo" were the finalist according to Fuchs who added that they all also offered the opportunity for his son to play in both sports. "He decided to stay in the NYC area and join his high school teammate Omar Calhoun and his two AAU teammates [Kentan] Facey and Terrence [Samuel]," said Fuchs.

"The coaching staff in both sports was also factored into the equation according to Fuchs who said that each are nurturing positive individuals with pro backgrounds and excellent verbal and motivational skills. "[Head coach] Paul Pasqualoni was a Dallas Cowboy tight end coach for six years," he said. "That was also a huge factor."

On the basketball end, Fuchs said that his son thought that Kevin Ollie was a player's coach. "He is young enough to relate to players yet wise enough being a top NCAA player and pro."

Reaction Score
Back-channel convos?

http://nychoops. /content.asp?CID=1465416 (sorry - premium article I guess)

"SMU, Rutgers, UConn, Stonybrook and Buffalo" were the finalist according to Fuchs who added that they all also offered the opportunity for his son to play in both sports. "He decided to stay in the NYC area and join his high school teammate Omar Calhoun and his two AAU teammates [Kentan] Facey and Terrence [Samuel]," said Fuchs.

"The coaching staff in both sports was also factored into the equation according to Fuchs who said that each are nurturing positive individuals with pro backgrounds and excellent verbal and motivational skills. "[Head coach] Paul Pasqualoni was a Dallas Cowboy tight end coach for six years," he said. "That was also a huge factor."

On the basketball end, Fuchs said that his son thought that Kevin Ollie was a player's coach. "He is young enough to relate to players yet wise enough being a top NCAA player and pro."

There's some disconnect here, but I'm more inclined to think that there has been some discussion, though that doesn't explicitly say there was any contact.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard, Jordan!

He will be a great addition...think Shane Behanon

Reaction Score
The original thought was he would bulk up into a big tight end. That would mean an Adrien or Ed Nelson shaped guy. But now, with a new offensive coordinator with a different style, it could mean they want him to not bulk up as much and become more of a big TE/WR combo. Think Hernandez/Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham. Then you'd have more of a wing man type. Obviously he'll add weight, but how much will depend on the OC's plans.

Reaction Score
The original thought was he would bulk up into a big tight end. That would mean an Adrien or Ed Nelson shaped guy. But now, with a new offensive coordinator with a different style, it could mean they want him to not bulk up as much and become more of a big TE/WR combo. Think Hernandez/Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham. Then you'd have more of a wing man type. Obviously he'll add weight, but how much will depend on the OC's plans.

If you look at Hernandez and Graham I think we'd be happy from a hoops side to get that!!

Aaron was a very good hoops player in HS and his skill set would have allowed him to play anywhere, maybe not a star but a player, if he was 6'7".........and Graham was an excellent basketball player at Miami so if Fuchs comes close he will see time if he wants!!

Reaction Score

I've seen clips of Fuchs, he ain't no wing. I doubt Fuchs is going to stay the same weight that's he's at now, he'll probably get up to at least 240 at the bare minimum, if he does play cbb he'll be a post guy/banger.

Reaction Score
I've seen clips of Fuchs, he ain't no wing. I doubt Fuchs is going to stay the same weight that's he's at now, he'll probably get up to at least 240 at the bare minimum, if he does play cbb he'll be a post guy/banger.

The thing is, Hernandez is 6'1. So you have to put things in perspective. For a 6'6 guy, 240 isn't really beefy for football. If you're 6'6 and 240 playing that position, you better be quick and speedy. Gronk, who is very fast, is 265 pounds. Now he's atypical. But the Patriots have 270 pound TEs there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom