Jordan Fuchs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jordan Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll take a Jeff Adrien-like player as long as he puts in half the amount of effort and dedication that Jeff did.

Reaction Score
UCONN NATION--RELAX THE IMPORTANT PART IS HAVING A TIRELESS WORKER, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A TREMENDOUS ATHLETIC SPECIMAN--ON CAMPUS--THE COACHES WILL DECIDE WHAT IS BEST --HE IS A FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP PLAYER--AND CAN PLAY BASKETBALL AT THE UCONN LEVEL--NO QUESTION--
HOWEVER--LET JORDAN LEARN THE UCONN FOOTBALL SYSTEM FIRST--I WOULDNT LOOK FOR THE HARD WOOD FOR AT LEAST A YEAR PLUS

Reaction Score
UCONN NATION--RELAX THE IMPORTANT PART IS HAVING A TIRELESS WORKER, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A TREMENDOUS ATHLETIC SPECIMAN--ON CAMPUS--THE COACHES WILL DECIDE WHAT IS BEST --HE IS A FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP PLAYER--AND CAN PLAY BASKETBALL AT THE UCONN LEVEL--NO QUESTION--
HOWEVER--LET JORDAN LEARN THE UCONN FOOTBALL SYSTEM FIRST--I WOULDNT LOOK FOR THE HARD WOOD FOR AT LEAST A YEAR PLUS

We welcome him into UConn as a student athlete, football first and whatever after. Sounds like we hit it good with this young man no matter.......all we want is Tony Gonzalez at Cal when he's done LOL........kidding best of luck to him

Reaction Score
We welcome him into UConn as a student athlete, football first and whatever after. Sounds like we hit it good with this young man no matter.......all we want is Tony Gonzalez at Cal when he's done LOL........kidding best of luck to him
LOL I LOVE IT I KNEW JORDAN PICKED THE RIGHT PLACE--HARD WORK, TALENT, AND TIME--AND WE SHALL SEE--

Reaction Score
LOL I LOVE IT I KNEW JORDAN PICKED THE RIGHT PLACE--HARD WORK, TALENT, AND TIME--AND WE SHALL SEE--

I know he's football first and understands hard work already, but eventually it would seem based on Kevin Ollie's adventure's they will talk and he will play!! They will grow to like each other a lot!!

Reaction Score
the problem is that the seasons overlap. if the football team is going to bowl games, he won't even be available to the basketball team until january, and then if he plays basketball is he dedicated to spring practice? su has had football guys play on the bball team, but they mostly end up as practice bodies/walkon types because they are so far behind on practice time.

Reaction Score
the problem is that the seasons overlap. if the football team is going to bowl games, he won't even be available to the basketball team until january, and then if he plays basketball is he dedicated to spring practice? su has had football guys play on the bball team, but they mostly end up as practice bodies/walkon types because they are so far behind on practice time.

Any of these football guys get basketball scholarships from Florida or a team like Florida?

Reaction Score

This is one reason I believe he is choosing to not play basketball until his sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Starting to find some good news on this board finally.

I wish this kid would play right away next year, we could use him.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
the problem is
There is exactly zero problems here. We are getting a big guy who can at least get in peoples' way and grab a few rebounds for free. Even if we get a late bowl, he'll be missing at most one or two conference games. He's friends with three of our current/future players, and that can only add chemistry.

Reaction Score
There is exactly zero problems here. We are getting a big guy who can at least get in peoples' way and grab a few rebounds for free. Even if we get a late bowl, he'll be missing at most one or two conference games. He's friends with three of our current/future players, and that can only add chemistry.
EXACTLY----UCONN NATION IS DOING WONDERFUL THINGS--IT IS AN EXCITING TIME

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Damn, the NCAA will get really mad at us again if we get a good player without using a scholarship. Ollie better be careful.

Is it possible that the NCAA will strip the basketball team of a scholarship for circumvention? What's the precedence? How was it handled with Bo Jackson, Charlie Ward, Julius Peppers, Ronald Curry, Deion Sanders, Scottie Burrell, etc.?I'm sure its will be handled above board but UConn was banned from post season play for APR violations, while UNC and Kentucky are still eyeing March basketball?

Reaction Score
Is it possible that the NCAA will strip the basketball team of a scholarship for circumvention? What's the precedence? How was it handled with Bo Jackson, Charlie Ward, Julius Peppers, Ronald Curry, Deion Sanders, Scottie Burrell, etc.?I'm sure its will be handled above board but UConn was banned from post season play for APR violations, while UNC and Kentucky are still eyeing March basketball?

He was kidding... chill.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Husky25

Reaction Score
He was kidding... chill.
This is actually a serious question, Medic. The N.C.double.cartel. went back far enough to find a couple years where UConn had sub-par APR performance a mere months after they lowered the boom on UConn for something every single school has done and regarding a player that never suited up in an NCAA sactioned event.

As great as Calhoun was for the University as a whole, its probably good that he is no longer at the top of the masthead. The NC2A definitely had a hard on for him.

Reaction Score
Did I read that Blog right? It said that there was NO discussions between the Fuchs family and Kevin Ollie. Really?

Reaction Score

there is a hierarchy to scholarship, and football is top so there is no issue with basketball.

also, word of advice to the family of players, RUN FAR FROM THE BONEYARD!!! You will see things you do not want to read, though the football board is much nicer than the basketball board when that is concerned.

Reaction Score
Hazelton was not really a bona fide McD AA. I believe the game was played in Beantown and he made it because he was local.

Reaction Score
15.5.10 Multi-Sport Participants.
15.5.10.1 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a counter who was recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) and/or offered
financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more
sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8)
and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (including
basketball) shall be counted in football. (Revised: 1/10/95 effective 8/1/95, 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96, 1/15/11
effective 8/1/11)

Reaction Score
Any of these football guys get basketball scholarships from Florida or a team like Florida?

You might be confusing Florida and Fordham. My understanding is that any interest he got from Florida was for football, not basketball. I don't think anyone thinks he's that caliber basketball player.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification Santini. So essentially this is a mid-major caliber recruit, who will be taking the place of a walk-on. There is no downside here. Worst case scenario, he still doesn't take up a bball scholarship. Best case, we get a useful player and still have all of the scholarships to give out to other players.

Reaction Score
Hazelton was not really a bona fide McD AA. I believe the game was played in Beantown and he made it because he was local.

But, doesn't that happen each and every year? We see it all the time when the game moves around.

Reaction Score
You might be confusing Florida and Fordham. My understanding is that any interest he got from Florida was for football, not basketball. I don't think anyone thinks he's that caliber basketball player.

Here's the link: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Fuchs-131023

It says Florida.

And I'm not surprised since Billy Donovan knows the area well. He could be looking at him as a Chaney type, a New London kid that was under the radar and committed to Florida. Plus, Donovan has recently taken 3 star kids from Christ the King like Erving Walker, who was in nobody's top 100. Clearly, Donovan has a connection there.

Frankly, I think it would be much more eye-opening if UConn football stole a recruit from Florida than it would be for Florida bball to offer a kid who also received offers from Providence, Iowa St., Rutgers and Xavier.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Here's the link: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Fuchs-131023

It says Florida.

And I'm not surprised since Billy Donovan knows the area well. He could be looking at him as a Chaney type, a New London kid that was under the radar and committed to Florida. Plus, Donovan has recently taken 3 star kids from Christ the King like Erving Walker, who was in nobody's top 100. Clearly, Donovan has a connection there.

Frankly, I think it would be much more eye-opening if UConn football stole a recruit from Florida than it would be for Florida bball to offer a kid who also received offers from Providence, Iowa St., Rutgers and Xavier.

Those lists need to be taken with a ginormous grain of salt. They get updated once every 6 months or so, and most of the time they are far from accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom