2022 Recruiting: - JJ Starling | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i thought that was epps. seems like starling pulled a dylan cardwell on us

He was going to visit with his friend (cousin?) Justice Williams. When Williams committed to LSU, he probably canceled.

Reaction Score
He was going to visit with his friend (cousin?) Justice Williams. When Williams committed to LSU, he probably canceled.
If this is true and there isn’t really mutual interest with Starling, is it Anglin or bust for that combo guard spot?

Reaction Score
If this is true and there isn’t really mutual interest with Starling, is it Anglin or bust for that combo guard spot?
other SG/CGs we've offered:

73 Donald Hand- CG- VA
88 Jayden Epps- CG- VA
144 Quadir Copeland- SG- PA
157 Jaquan Sanders- SG- NY
177 Denver Anglin- CG- NJ

we still have over a year to recruit these guys i hope we're not down to 1 option already

Last edited:
Reaction Score
other SG/CGs we've offered:

73 Donald Hand- CG- VA
88 Jayden Epps- CG- VA
114 Yann Farell- SG- NH
144 Quadir Copeland- SG- PA
157 Jaquan Sanders- SG- NY
177 Denver Anglin- CG- NJ

Pretty sure the only options we're actively recruiting would be Epps or Anglin. Haven't heard much with Copeland or Sanders.

We aren't recruiting Hand since Kenya left, and Farrell isn't a guard--he's a PF. Seems like Karaban is our guy we're circling in on there.

Reaction Score
If we can lock up Karaban I'd have no problem waiting for the spring for a transfer guard. I'd still take Anglin or Epps of course, but I can imagine a long list of kids wanting to play for Dan Hurley once they see where the program is at 8 months from now

Reaction Score
can you two date stamp when your Thoughts on Hand were last updated so we most up to date thought?

Reaction Score
I'm looking too. Saatva and winkbed were at the top of my list. I'm a larger sizes guy with a memory foam mattress. Not for me, just 3 years in and we want to replace it.

Pretty sure the only options we're actively recruiting would be Epps or Anglin. Haven't heard much with Copeland or Sanders.

We aren't recruiting Hand since Kenya left, and Farrell isn't a guard--he's a PF. Seems like Karaban is our guy we're circling in on there.

I don't think we've been associated with Hand at all since Freeman left in April.

I thought Tom Moore was continuing to recruit Hand. Not sure why I thought that. Maybe I’m confusing him with someone else.

Reaction Score
If JJ doesn't get what's goin' on in Storrs..His mistake.. We've got other excellent options.

Reaction Score
may end up a 5 star. Would be a MONSTER land for us.
I don’t wanna sound like a Cuse fan but 5*s usually expect to start as freshman and You can already pencil cole, hawk, aj in as starters for 2022. Then again jj doesn’t seem to be a 1 and done talent so maybe it doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t pencil anyone in if someone more talented comes in
I can guarantee you Cole, Hawk, and AJ will bring more to the team in 2022 than JJ... and that isn’t a slight on JJ, he’s a baller

Reaction Score
I can guarantee you Cole, Hawk, and AJ will bring more to the team in 2022 than JJ... and that isn’t a slight on JJ, he’s a baller
It's one of the strangest features of this board where fans constantly talk about top flight recruits being scared away because we have too much talent. Posters were even doing it in the years we sucked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's one of the strangest features on this board where fans constantly talk about top flight recruits being scared away because we have too much talent. Posters were even doing it in the years we sucked.
Not saying he’ll be “scared away” just saying he won’t start. It has nothing to do with JJ and everything to do with the roster that year.

Reaction Score
It's one of the strangest features of this board where fans constantly talk about top flight recruits being scared away because we have too much talent. Posters were even doing it in the years we sucked.

My impression has always been that for 5s and sometimes pure PGs this argument can matter. A 5 might decide on another school with Sanogo and Clingan here.

But the 2-4, even the 1 right now are such nebulous positions it's easy to show kids a path to PT.

Our coaches are telling kids to EARN playing time anyways. It's not the way to get every recruit but we will get the right recruits.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t pencil anyone in if someone more talented comes in
Everyone thinks Hawkins is a two and done like bouk so I’m penciling him in as the starting SG as a soph. If aj can’t lock down the starting SF spot by the time he’s a junior…

Reaction Score
A few months ago after losing to Creighton/Maryland the reasons were shooting/scoring and guard play. Fast forward a few months and a guard that can shoot and score has no path towards playing time over a year from now? Some on this board must have gotten hit with that men in black memory wipe device. You can never have enough talent, especially at guard. Look at Baylor. They played 4 or 5 perimeter players that shot the daylights out of the ball. They all got minutes. Let Hurley sort out selling the program and playing time management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom