2022 Recruiting: - JJ Starling | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Really anxious to hear how this visit is going. Love a good bucket getter. Every team needs a couple guys where push comes to shove, they can give them the ball, iso & get a bucket
He would be a really “fun” land. He’s a high octane bucket getter. He plays at a pace above the competition. He gives us 2 big needs; speed/pace and shooting.

Reaction Score
I get a Rashard Anderson vibe from this kid. He's maybe a little shorter but he's a shot-maker and gunner. He won't beat you off the dribble but get him open, and you can book the trey. Go get him!

Reaction Score
Why is the prevailing sentiment that rj Cole plans on staying in college for a 6th year?

Reaction Score
Why is the prevailing sentiment that rj Cole plans on staying in college for a 6th year?
I felt like RJ outplayed every PG in the Big East in head to head matchups last year beside Gillespie. Kind of a wash with Zeg but played him really tough. Has his limitations as a creator but his defense and shooting alone are proven assets. Doesn't need the ball in hands either. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

Reaction Score
I felt like RJ outplayed every PG in the Big East in head to head matchups last year beside Gillespie. Kind of a wash with Zeg but played him really tough. Has his limitations as a creator but his defense and shooting alone are proven assets. Doesn't need the ball in hands either. Can't wait to see what he does next year.
I don’t disagree with you, but that doesn’t explain why he would come back for another year after this one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone noted on the Cuse board that he's posted pictures from every visit but ours. Think that means anything?

UconnU

Reaction Score
Someone noted on the Cuse board that he's posted pictures from every visit but ours. Think that means anything?
Could be construed as a positive. We need Luke, Tom and AJ to do work here seems like a competitive recruitment. We could use a perimeter scorer like him in this class to use with Corey and Sool in the 3 guard.

UconnU

Reaction Score
You never know.
So if Alex commits and RJ doesn’t leave that leaves us with no scholarships? Or does RJs covid make up year not count?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What happens in Storrs stays in Storrs?

Reaction Score
Agreed we don’t have an exact match on the current roster, but from a score first CG perspective I see some similarities to RJ. No doubt RJ is a much better passer.

I think between Gaffney and Sool we’ll be solid at PG for the next couple seasons. Would like to snag a stud PG again in 2023.
I want jayden lemond in ‘23 as that stud PG

Reaction Score
Yes! why make it mundane, figure it out, he puts on the visiting teams uni but ours because when he commits to us that's when its official. You don't put the uni on where your committing too until you commit.:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes! why make it mundane, figure it out, he puts on the visiting teams uni but ours because when he commits to us that's when its official. You don't put the uni on where your committing too until you commit.:)
Excellent reasoning. Anything to make the situation positive is fine.

Reaction Score
Curiosity is killing me here. Any information at all surrounding how the visit went? Haven’t seen anything posted from it, which has been inconsistent with his others. Struggling how to read this

UconnU

Reaction Score
Curiosity is killing me here. Any information at all surrounding how the visit went? Haven’t seen anything posted from it, which has been inconsistent with his others. Struggling how to read this
Maybe it never even happened? Like that other prospect last year..

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Starling had offers from Duke and Kentucky. This one's gonna be tough. Head bang

Reaction Score
Maybe it never even happened? Like that other prospect last year..
I've looked all morning and I cannot find any evidence that the visit actually took place. In fact, all I've seen are tweets that said JJ was visiting UConn June 28-30 per Syracuse.com!!

UconnU

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Starling had offers from Duke and Kentucky. This one's gonna be tough. Head bang
Those offers don’t hold as much weight anymore. They’re on par with like a Auburn or LSU offer. We can compete with them for northeast kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom