2022 Recruiting: - JJ Starling | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: JJ Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a 63 YO. The color is not that important here, plus I’m color blind. The key is the rolling eyes. OK, they may not be moving, but they are looking up.

Face with rolling eyes is an emoji used to express disbelief, annoyance, impatience, boredom, and disdain. It can also be used to indicate sarcasm or irony.

His use was for sarcasm.

Glad I could help!! Go Huskies!!! :D
Excellent
Thanks. My eyesight sucks and didn't have my reading glasses on. They are so tiny. Can't really recognize eye rolls and such.

Excellent reply, as I've enjoyed sarcasm for many decades.
The funny thing is I've been using that emoji since someone else didn't get my humor a couple years ago and never considered someone couldn't identify the rolling eyes and would focus on the color.

Reaction Score
Excellent

Excellent reply, as I've enjoyed sarcasm for many decades.
The funny thing is I've been using that emoji since someone else didn't get my humor a couple years ago and never considered someone couldn't identify the rolling eyes and would focus on the color.
Fyi, I focused on the color cuz on page 2 you referred to it as the "purple emoji". Just a misunderstanding really. I never use emojis myself. Apparently I really need to step up my game!

Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking a lil 2021 recruiting class redux? Karaban and Clingan commit one after the other, gives us a huge momentum push into another talk with Starling...

I know, I'm dreaming.

Perhaps with another Lil Sool assist... Put our best agent on it.

Reaction Score

Is it ok to be greedy and hope for commitments from Clingan, Karaban and Starling in the next few days? I’ve got some serious Rick Astley vibes happening…

1625002356699.jpeg

Reaction Score
JJ would be a fantastic RJ Cole replacement. Taller and bigger frame, natural scorer, etc. Assuming RJ is back in 2022 they would overlap for 1 year but then JJ would slot right in.

Reaction Score
JJ would be a fantastic RJ Cole replacement. Taller and bigger frame, natural scorer, etc. Assuming RJ is back in 2022 they would overlap for 1 year but then JJ would slot right in.

Not sure they really fit the same role. Starling can't pass at all; RJ led our team in assists. We don't really have his archetype on the team--he's a pure microwave scorer. Diggins is definitely the PG in waiting right now. His on-court leadership is 10/10

Reaction Score
Not sure they really fit the same role. Starling can't pass at all; RJ led our team in assists. We don't really have his archetype on the team--he's a pure microwave scorer. Diggins is definitely the PG in waiting right now. His on-court leadership is 10/10

Agreed we don’t have an exact match on the current roster, but from a score first CG perspective I see some similarities to RJ. No doubt RJ is a much better passer.

I think between Gaffney and Sool we’ll be solid at PG for the next couple seasons. Would like to snag a stud PG again in 2023.

Reaction Score
If Cole stays, it seems like it would be a hard sell to Starling/ any 1/2/3 ranked as highly as him. Cole, Gaffney, Sool, Hawkins ahead of him. Then he and Floyd would be 5/6 in the backcourt. Then A Jax and Karaban/ another freshman/ transfer at the 3. That’s 8 guys for 3 spots and at best he probably would be #6 for PT of those guys. Just seems like a lot of competition for a guy who can go pretty much anywhere he wants.

man writing everyone out, makes it clear that we are absolutely loaded all over the roster. Sanogo, Akok, Samson, Clingan hopefully/ maybe on top of all these guys. Sheeesh

Reaction Score
If Cole stays, it seems like it would be a hard sell to Starling/ any 1/2/3 ranked as highly as him. Cole, Gaffney, Sool, Hawkins ahead of him. Then he and Floyd would be 5/6 in the backcourt. Then A Jax and Karaban/ another freshman/ transfer at the 3. That’s 8 guys for 3 spots and at best he probably would be #6 for PT of those guys. Just seems like a lot of competition for a guy who can go pretty much anywhere he wants.

man writing everyone out, makes it clear that we are absolutely loaded all over the roster. Sanogo, Akok, Samson, Clingan hopefully/ maybe on top of all these guys. Sheeesh
at the risk of putting the cart before the horse, 2023 could be stacked so an anglin/copeland type in 2022 makes the most sense. it's great to be able to sign a borderline 4* to shore up the margins rather than rely on them to contribute right away. what the best programs do.

Reaction Score
Really anxious to hear how this visit is going. Love a good bucket getter. Every team needs a couple guys where push comes to shove, they can give them the ball, iso & get a bucket

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Since we are already fully off the rails, allow me to derail us a bit further: Even though I've learned through context and discussion that the emoji in question is supposed to represent an eye-roll, it doesn't look like that to me at all. I see it as indicating to something above it and to its left, with a, "Would you get a load of this poppycock?!" smirk.
If 76, know what an eye roll is and have a sense of humor. :oops:One of the worst thread derailments of all timeHead bang

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That all may be true, but high 4* recruits will experience that most places they go, and should ideally be thinking of outworking and outplaying guys so they get on the court and show out quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom