Jim Fuller: Geno not concerned about 11 player roster | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Geno not concerned about 11 player roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
ok, now wasn't that fun? i poked the bear to get this discussion going and outside of a few 'maryland sucks so go away' type comments it was an amazing thread. I think there is some St. Geno Syndrome going on but it is safe to be in that spot since Uconn continues to roll up the best recruits and victories. Still, it was great to see some others step in to stay the comments seemed a little unnecessary and really that is all i meant. peace.
You should be very proud of yourself and what you did. You got to throw the lame old "anyone who disagrees with me that Geno is hurling evil word" is a GA worshipper, you apparently poked one fan\writer into actually sending an uncalled for message to a player's parents, you offer nothing that has any fact in it other than your own preferred translation, and your fangs are all polished up. Here's a nice reward for you before you head back to your high hill.

Food

Reaction Score
You should be very proud of yourself and what you did. You got to throw the lame old "anyone who disagrees with me that Geno is hurling evil word" is a GA worshipper, you apparently poked one fan\writer into actually sending an uncalled for message to a player's parents, you offer nothing that has any fact in it other than your own preferred translation, and your fangs are all polished up. Here's a nice reward for you before you head back to your high hill.

Food
you seem very angry. take a chill pill fellow. i think 100 responses to this thread means people were passionate and engaged in the discussion. What Geno said was fair game to talk about and people did - why does that bother you?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think there is some St. Geno Syndrome going on but it is safe to be in that spot since Uconn continues to roll up the best recruits and victories.
Well right there that proves you have no clue. Geno is not a saint, he's a god. Get with the program.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
you seem very angry. take a chill pill fellow. i think 100 responses to this thread means people were passionate and engaged in the discussion. What Geno said was fair game to talk about and people did - why does that bother you?
Dogs do get the hair up when the trolls come sniffing around. The troll has stated its intent and it is happy with the result. Troll of little brain or understanding throws out comment that UConn coach is "throwing players under bus" and that he " them over" then runs away back to cave on orange hill. Troll comes back at end and gloats that all by himself he got all on BY stirred up. Troll is as pleased as vole and soils himself.

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno is probably right that the next couple of seasons could be special.......But to make a statement that Michala and Lauren weren't going to play anyway was , IMHO , unnecessary and harsh. A statement like that about two(2) kids that he recruited is not fair to them nor their parents who entrusted their kids to him and UConn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dogs do get the hair up when the trolls come sniffing around. The troll has stated its intent and it is happy with the result. Troll of little brain or understanding throws out comment that UConn coach is "throwing players under bus" and that he " them over" then runs away back to cave on orange hill. Troll comes back at end and gloats that all by himself he got all on BY stirred up. Troll is as pleased as vole and soils himself.
We Scandinavians love our trolls. And the bears think they are tasty. I feel so conflicted.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
220px-Kathmandu-05.JPG

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The troll is a moronic Terp fan.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno is probably right that the next couple of seasons could be special.......But to make a statement that Michala and Lauren weren't going to play anyway was , IMHO , unnecessary and harsh. A statement like that about two(2) kids that he recruited is not fair to them nor their parents who entrusted their kids to him and UConn.
Bull. They knew they weren't' going to play. It was a main reason for them leaving. I m sure they are not bothered by his statements as much as you are.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Bull. They knew they weren't' going to play. It was a main reason for them leaving. I m sure they are not bothered by his statements as much as you are.
In fact many of the BY's favorite players to root for have been ones who knew they were not going to get a chance to "play," as in meaningful minutes in conference and strong OOC games. They know it, the coach knows it, we know it. They take on that role as hard-working practice players and thrive on being part of a premier program that rewards players with lots more than just buckets. But there are also players like Michala and Lauren who in the end also want the chance to put in meaningful minutes on the court during their college careers and take that opportunity, which Geno can totally respect. And after going through all those draining practice hours with UConn, they'll be kind of in the situation of a kid from an academically grinding HS who goes to college at a party school. No sweat!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Wow! I think we could go for a record with the number of responses to this post. We might have to add on a few topics, though. Some possible choices for discussion:

1. The reputation of Frese as a negative recruiter.
2. The ineptitude of Maryland's defense.
3. The smackdown Maryland will be getting from the Huskies.
4. The smackdown Maryland will be getting from Duke.
5. The smackdown Maryland will be getting from UNC starting next year.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Wow! I think we could go for a record with the number of responses to this post. We might have to add on a few topics, though. Some possible choices for discussion:

Yay! Great topics, even if trolls join in.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
In fact, I just learned from a turdlish site that some MD fans have accused ex assistant coach Walz of not always being gracious in the way he refers to opponents. Wow, I am astounded at this purportedly heinous behavior. I could never imagine a Geno, or CVS, or Kim Mulkey, or even PHS of ever being accused of acting this way. The Terp fans have much to be upset about, especially since according to them if not for Brenda's kind assistance Walz would have had to go coach at some place like Rider after his puny efforts for the MD NC team. What a monster.

But never let it be said that the Terps do not know how to play defense. Brenda explained how it's all done a while back. "We prefer to get up in our half-court defense and attack man-to-man, being aggressive with our ball pressure and wing denial."

That and a cup of coffee will get you the 153rd best defense in D1 ball, right in there with Wofford and Prarie View. Not half bad. Deny those wings, mighty Terpsters!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Icebear:
And if they respond I would further suggest it would be grossly inappropriate to post the response here and it should be deleted immediately.

Michael ( transcription of a speech over dinner at Junior's this evening, trying very hard not to be as disrespectful as it sounds)
I notice folks, that the mods are letting us take off the gloves: but its been mostly polite discussion Rady.

Reaction Score
Hardly trolling when opinions are being expressed both in support of and against a particular position.

"I m sure they are not bothered by his statements as much as you are."

How can anyone - without engaging in a private, off-the-record conversation with each of these ladies - purport to be sure of anything with respect to their personal feelings??!?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

2) yes.. its definitely weak
3) yep.. i foresee a beatdown of Maryland from UCONN
4) I see Duke beating MD in Durham, and in the ACC tournament in Greensboro.... but I can see us losing to them in College Park. Dont see a smackdown though.

5) i still think Duke and Maryland will be top dogs during UNC's fab 4's freshman season. They still have no post... unless Mavunga or McDaniel is gonna play center. So at best UNC will be 3rd in the ACC that season.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Hardly trolling when opinions are being expressed both in support of and against a particular position.

"I m sure they are not bothered by his statements as much as you are."

How can anyone - without engaging in a private, off-the-record conversation with each of these ladies - purport to be sure of anything with respect to their personal feelings??!?
Um, obviously you have no knowledge of the board rules. Saying that a coach, any coach, just f--ed over his players earns you a big fat reprimand and often a quick exit from a site in WCBB. They don't even allow that kind of offensive and trollish behavior on the MCBB board, and a lot more gets allowed there. Why "1fan hits the pig doo" wasn't given a quick exit by the mods, I'm not sure.

For you, Snowkot, perhaps disparaging the UConn coach on the BY site by saying he f--ks over his players is okay, but for just about everyone here on the BY, defending that behavior is trollish. If on the other hand, you are simply saying that you disagree with the way GA said goodbye to his players, than that's fine and peachy. Many have come here to express anti-GA opinions over the years when Geno got their team's goat, and there are some even here that wish CD would crazy glue his lips together, but Terp trolls should just roll stay back home in turdle land.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Icebear:
And if they respond I would further suggest it would be grossly inappropriate to post the response here and it should be deleted immediately.

Michael ( transcription of a speech over dinner at Junior's this evening, trying very hard not to be as disrespectful as it sounds)
I notice folks, that the mods are letting us take off the gloves: but its been mostly polite discussion Rady.
Not sure what your game is, but it appears that you are stating some newly minted news person role without any specifics and then say you are sending queries to parents of players and if you do get a response you plan to go posting it on WCBB forums? I do hope that the parents are very circumspect about responding to someone like you without being given very thorough validation, and that you in know way mention the BY when you are pursuing this action. Most WCBB parents have learned the ropes about dealing with suspect "reporters," but sometimes guys can grab them at a vulnerable moment and get their goldmine of a twisted stinker.

A few years back a flame-a-holic thing called Ken Krayeske prided himself on falsifying press credentials and then ambushing people he hated to get some headlines, Jim Calhoun being one of the ambushees. By all means if you want to go after the Jerry Sandusky's of the world, fine, go get some exposure and post what you dig up on your web site, and it could be a valuable service. But what you're describing in your actions sounds a little Kenny K.-ish. And yeah, I'm a credentialed sports writer who does have a lot of contact with parents and their opinions, but I certainly would not betray that privilege for a screaming headline on the net.

Reaction Score
"For you, Snowkot, perhaps disparaging the UConn coach on the BY site by saying he f--ks over his players is okay, but for just about everyone here on the BY, defending that behavior is trollish."

Trolling, by definition is the act of posting something absolutely outlandish if not completely outrageous on a message board for the sole purpose of evoking a uniformly negative response. Is that really the case here?

And - as we move through page 13 of a long and wide ranging dialog, I would disagree that "just about everyone here on the BY" is of like mind.

The only reference to Coach " f--ks over his players" is yours. That is a ridiculously generalized, exaggerated over-simplification.

All I have maintained here, with respect to this single incident, with respect to these two ladies, is that in my opinion, coach's words were unfortunately if not inappropriately chosen.

And that anyone who purports to know with any certainty what these two ladies are thinking, how they are responding to this, without having direct casual and personal contact with them is disingenuous.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Icebear:

No, the there is a distinct difference between knowing people and being in contact with them in daily life and discussing things with them in public and seeking them out to specifically intrude into a private family matter to post that information on a public board.

The facts are the facts but are not necessarily something everyone is or should be welcome to knowing. I have no problem with you seeking those facts out in the course of your work providing the family knows you intend to share them through work in a professional context but the Boneyard is not the place for that function.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"For you, Snowkot, perhaps disparaging the UConn coach on the BY site by saying he f--ks over his players is okay, but for just about everyone here on the BY, defending that behavior is trollish."

Trolling, by definition is the act of posting something absolutely outlandish if not completely outrageous on a message board for the sole purpose of evoking a uniformly negative response. Is that really the case here?

And - as we move through page 13 of a long and wide ranging dialog, I would disagree that "just about everyone here on the BY" is of like mind.

The only reference to Coach " f--ks over his players" is yours. That is a ridiculously generalized, exaggerated over-simplification.

All I have maintained here, with respect to this single incident, with respect to these two ladies, is that in my opinion, coach's words were unfortunately if not inappropriately chosen.

And that anyone who purports to know with any certainty what these two ladies are thinking, how they are responding to this, without having direct casual and personal contact with them is disingenuous.
Reading comprehension is a good skill to have online, but trying to blind yourself to what is said is not.

"The only reference to Coach " f--ks over his players" is yours." Go back to the fourth post on page 1 and read again, and this time try not to put on the blinders as you read. Maybe you do agree with what the poster said and do not think that is trolling. Whatever, but please don't go spreading misinformation on the BY in the attempt to push your point. Some of us are capable of reading, and yes we plainly believe that a troll got loosed in here. Harry and Ron, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom