Jim Fuller: Geno not concerned about 11 player roster | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jim Fuller: Geno not concerned about 11 player roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hardly trolling when opinions are being expressed both in support of and against a particular position.

"I m sure they are not bothered by his statements as much as you are."

How can anyone - without engaging in a private, off-the-record conversation with each of these ladies - purport to be sure of anything with respect to their personal feelings??!?

I'm talking about the Maryland fan who hates Geno and posted in this thread to egg on the discourse. UConn fans disagreeing is not trolling.

How am I sure? It's easy. And much more accurate than thinking tough Div I athletes are hurt by Geno repeating what I believe they have discussed in private prior to making that public statement. I don't see you taking those posters to task as you did me. How would they know without private, off-the-record conversation?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
"

All I have maintained here, with respect to this single incident, with respect to these two ladies, is that in my opinion, coach's words were unfortunately if not inappropriately chosen.

Is that it? All this over a single incident in which a coach answers a reporter's question and doesn't choose his words appropriately enough to suit you. Surely there must be something else this incident represents for you because your description of it doesn't sound like a big deal. Maybe Geno was exhausted from the Olympics and his word filter wasn't working. He was asked a question and answered it honestly and directly and wasn't thinking about the effect the words might've had on others. God knows I've done that hundreds of times over my lifetime. Many here are prepared to give Geno the benefit of the doubt aided by an interpretation of his words by one who was present at the press gathering. What larger point are you trying to make here?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I think that "Michael Feldman" may be using this board to stir up controversy which he can then use as "source material" for his job. Which he may or may not admit to having a part in himself. He admits to attempting to contact Lauren's mother, using the excuse that the Boneyard is having a discussion, and he is just trying to get to the real facts of the matter. Sounds like someone trying to make a name for himself, at the expense of a college kid trying to move on to a new opportunity in life.

Michael - if this is the case, your ego and ambition are in polar opposite to your ethics.

Reaction Score
Um, obviously you have no knowledge of the board rules. Saying that a coach, any coach, just f--ed over his players earns you a big fat reprimand and often a quick exit from a site in WCBB. They don't even allow that kind of offensive and trollish behavior on the MCBB board, and a lot more gets allowed there. Why "1fan hits the pig doo" wasn't given a quick exit by the mods, I'm not sure.

For you, Snowkot, perhaps disparaging the UConn coach on the BY site by saying he f--ks over his players is okay, but for just about everyone here on the BY, defending that behavior is trollish. If on the other hand, you are simply saying that you disagree with the way GA said goodbye to his players, than that's fine and peachy. Many have come here to express anti-GA opinions over the years when Geno got their team's goat, and there are some even here that wish CD would crazy glue his lips together, but Terp trolls should just roll stay back home in turdle land.
now it is your turn to read and comprehend. i never said he f--ks over his players. IMHO he insulted them on the way out the door. some agreed with that and others didn't but this discussion seems to now be about who is allowed to ask questions and what is an allowable topic. why are you confused about the mods position on this - it is clearly an allowed question and an allowed topic. deal with it dude.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
now it is your turn to read and comprehend. i never said he f--ks over his players. IMHO he insulted them on the way out the door. some agreed with that and others didn't but this discussion seems to now be about who is allowed to ask questions and what is an allowable topic. why are you confused about the mods position on this - it is clearly an allowed question and an allowed topic. deal with it dude.

I haven't seen anyone question if this is allowable or who is allowed to ask questions.

I have seen posters question why a Maryland fan would come here to stir up trouble and them come back to brag about it.

Your a troll, plain and simple. All anyone has to do is look at your posting history on this site. I really can't wait for the game between UConn and Maryland.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
DobbsRover2: Some of us are capable of reading.

Perhaps, but I'm having a hard time accounting for the misunderstandings/misreading of what I wrote. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, happy to elucidate.

Sorry, Chicago, no job, no ambition, no ulterior motives:
73, retired, shoot hoops, watch woman's BB, ski, sail, do some volunteer work for homeless kids and write a monthly column for the WestView News, mostly on Music.

Never said I was a sports reporter.

Never identified myself to the Engeln's as a reporter at all, I supplied the complete text of my E-mail to he board, seems clear to me.

But I must admit to being interested, from time to time, in what it feels like to sit at the end of the bench and nor receive meaningful playing time (not taking into account whether deserved or undeserved). I mused about that last season, mentioned it on the board a few time as I recall and with the advent of social networking, in which everyone seems to want to tell all, thought it was not unreasonable to pose the question I did. Obviously many disagree.

I also enjoy sticking pins into the views of some here, whose reverence and hero worship for Geno seems to approach religious zealotry. In my past life, I worked with some of the heroic conductors of an almost bygone age: Bernstein, Levine, Previn et al and along with myself (who made more mistakes than most), these gentlemen all had warts, said and did dumb, things and even were known to apologize.

I love and respect Geno, love the program and especially love how he teaches these splendid young woman to play classical BB and to comport themselves graciously on and off the court

But, like everyone else in public life, he will occasionally say a dumb thing and it is certainly within our mandate (and not disloyal) to call him out on it.

Join with those expressing an end to this thread.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Michael - thanks for the comments, however, when you write, as I quote you:
"In my new position as a local newsman, my impulse is to ask them.
To that end, I sent the following E-mail to an address that I think is that of Lauren's mom." why wouldn't we think you had an agenda??

Reaction Score
Can this thread please be locked? It has tsken a decidedly nasty turn and any further meaningful discourse has ceased.

JS

Reaction Score
Can this thread please be locked? It has tsken a decidedly nasty turn and any further meaningful discourse has ceased.
Doesn't require a lot of persuasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom