JC Distancing Himself | Page 4 | The Boneyard

JC Distancing Himself

Reaction Score
It’s all relative. We called bumpy back then, would call for parades in the street today. Like Larry Brown at SMU, there are not many people who would not want to go play for Hall of Fame coach. That said there would have to be a plan in place where he’s committed for 3+ years with coaching waiting If we wanted to maximize it. But don’t think for a minute that we wouldn’t be ranked program again if Jim Calhoun came back.

Reaction Score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does not want JC back. The man is 75 years old. Our recently terminated coach was killed here as info came out that he was not the most ardent recruiter. Do you think JC is going to be flying all over the country killing it on the recruiting trail? I'd find it hard to believe. His legacy is nearly perfect. I don't want him coming back here to go .500 for two years so he can give the gig to another former player.
  • I saw JC at the Travelers Pro Am last year. He could just about walk. He had to take a cart halfway through. Not sure this would be the best impression on a recruit.

Reaction Score
Faith is definitely in his the top 3, probably even ahead of basketball. His strong faith drives his charity work and his Father Flanagan persona trying to turn around player’s lives. While he is a proud Irish Catholic - his faith and the goodness of it can be related to by people of all denominations.
Hey look buddy. Knock yourself out. I know him MUCH better than you.

C

Chief00

What in the Fn world is going on in the the messages above? Are two third-parties seriously trying to prove what someone else’s top 3 life passions are? LMAO

I am basically describing the man I know and more importantly how he has described himself on numerous occasions. I will even give this a rating of:
#ChiefConfirmed

Reaction Score
JC is the perfect stop gap coach if AD DB swings and misses on his top few choices. We pushed our chips all in with the firing of Ollie and we can't settle.

Reaction Score
First person to PM me the correct answer to the question, “what kind of car does JC drive” will win the title of Least Casual Fan.
Going all in...his first brand new car was a 1970 Plymouth Duster

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Was a Jaguar for a while.

I'll guess Lexus LS for current car.

You sir are correct. Geno drives a bmw 5 series and Ollie drives a white range rover. next question

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good to see @Chief00 demonstrating his faith today in these threads.

Lots of newbies and lurkers on the boards and yet Chief00 is being patient and demonstrating restraint in his comments. Bringing posters to the board and helping broaden perspectives.
The ugliness and accusations being hurled at home aren't affecting him.
Chiefin' ain't easy.

Reaction Score
You don’t him very well. Maybe at all. I’m sure you’ve met him, but don’t confuse that with knowing him. Golf, theater, politics, cardiology...he’s passionate and very well versed in all of those subjects. He can love the game AND have a much broader set of interests than basketball. That you couldn’t break through that is on you.
Interestingly he really likes and understands college football and the Red Sox. Can talk forever about either one.

Reaction Score
Interestingly he really likes and understands college football and the Red Sox. Can talk forever about either one.
And biking. He used to be an avid runner, and as of a few years ago he was now really into biking.

Reaction Score
You sir are correct. Geno drives a bmw 5 series and Ollie drives a white range rover. next question

Saw ollie in the grocery store last week. Pulled away in a black lexus. I guess makikng 3 mil a year, he can afford 2 lol

Reaction Score
For JC and KO to be on non speaking terms for a while now is a huge red flag. JC obviously didnt agree with KO way and distanced himself. I was an ollie supporter but when i heard of this distant relationship with JC and the inept recruiting methods i knew he had to go and go asap!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So Ollie is Jesus? You can’t make up this lunacy. He’s a terrible coach who has been grossly derelict in his duties. He’s Judas if anything. With JCs blessing or not, I’m 100% behind the school. I hope Ollie doesn’t get a penny.
No. There is only one 'basketball Jesus' for UConn fans:
jesus-shuttlesworth-screenshot.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom