JC Distancing Himself | Page 7 | The Boneyard

JC Distancing Himself

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Don’t misconstrue my comment about his faith not being in the top 3 priorities of his life to be synonymous with him not being a loyal, caring Catholic. I never said he was atheist. The fact that he is involved with some Catholic organizations/events doesn’t equate to his priorities. He does FAR more for the UConn Health Center and Cancer-based charities so I wouldn’t get on a high horse trying to prove me wrong with a Friday morning breakfast.

He is a man who gives back. He has a strong sense of responsibility to do that that isn’t necessarily driven by faith. He’s had many people help him in his life (like his high school coach - which drove him to get into coaching in the first place) and he believes that he too can(and should) help others with the platform he’s achieved. It’s a far greater sense of responsibility than it is faith.

Do you have the charism of reading souls? The last person I knew of with that gift was Padre Pio who is a canonized Saint and mystic. How in the world does anyone know exactly what the top three priorities of JC are? This thread has completely gone off the rails.

Reaction Score
My BY colleague, you have backtracked from your original position into an even sillier one. You seem unable to distinguish between cause and effect. Jim’s core faith is based on principles that makes all the good things he does come naturally. You seem to be hung up on his denomination - what I am saying about Jim would be true if he was Jewish or Protestant, etc. But, Jim is a man of deep faith, he just doesn’t wear it on his sleeve like KO did. However, there is substance there - deep waters as George use to say.

My friend, you were the dude as recently as Wednesday saying KO’s job was basically safe and Chief wasn’t at some donor breakfast. Chief has been a donor for 28 years, went to a couple donor events and stopped. Nothing against them or the people who go. It’s just not my style. I prefer smaller, informal and more personal interactions. Just for the record, my relationship with Calhoun has zero to do with being a donor.

Footnote: Casual Fan Tolerance Day is over until 3/11 next year.
Just for the record, again, would Jim know your name if I mentioned it to him? Simple question. Your move, Chief.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My BY colleague, you have backtracked from your original position into an even sillier one. You seem unable to distinguish between cause and effect. Jim’s core faith is based on principles that makes all the good things he does come naturally. You seem to be hung up on his denomination - what I am saying about Jim would be true if he was Jewish or Protestant, etc. But, Jim is a man of deep faith, he just doesn’t wear it on his sleeve like KO did. However, there is substance there - deep waters as George use to say.

My friend, you were the dude as recently as Wednesday saying KO’s job was basically safe and Chief wasn’t at some donor breakfast. Chief has been a donor for 28 years, went to a couple donor events and stopped. Nothing against them or the people who go. It’s just not my style. I prefer smaller, informal and more personal interactions. Just for the record, my relationship with Calhoun has zero to do with being a donor.

Footnote: Casual Fan Tolerance Day is over until 3/11 next year.

Thanks again Chief. I just put my Casual Elf on a Shelf away until next year.

C

Chief00

Just for the record, again, would Jim know your name if I mentioned it to him? Simple question. Your move, Chief.

I don’t share my identity to anonymous people on the internet. To be able to casually obtain information I occasionally post here is an art and is best done without drama or claims of whatever.
Maybe there is another way I can achieve the same goals through a story - let me think about it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If Calhoun wants it back, Benedict won't say no. It's that simple. Or Benedict will be looking for new employment.

Reaction Score
I don’t share my identity to anonymous people on the internet. To be able to casually obtain information I occasionally post here is an art and is best done without drama or claims of whatever.
Maybe there is another way I can achieve the same goals through a story - let me think about it.
Do whatever you’d like. I was just asking if he would know your name. He knows mine for example. That’s not a reveal of any sort. Consider it a credibility check. And I’ll take your avoidance as an answer.

As for your “sans drama/claims “art’”...you’re one sliced ear from being Van Gogh.

C

Chief00

Do whatever you’d like. I was just asking if he would know your name. He knows mine for example. That’s not a reveal of any sort. Consider it a credibility check. And I’ll take your avoidance as an answer.

As for your “sans drama/claims “art’”...you’re one sliced ear from being Van Gogh.

Take my breaking news predictions as your answer. I don’t parade my relationships with people over the internet. It’s not how I operate, and if you operate otherwise I can only imagine what people think of you.

Reaction Score
Take my breaking news predictions as your answer. I don’t parade my relationships with people over the internet. It’s not how I operate, and if you operate otherwise I can only imagine what people think of you.
Lol. YOU don’t parade your relationships over the internet?!! That’s pretty much ALL that you do on this forum. You actually name drop yourself in the third person! It takes a special kind of crazy to do that so congrats. But I’m certain that you aren’t the friend of JC that you ambiguously claim to be. All fine with me. Back to your regularly scheduled lunacy.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His first car at UConn was a Mercury Grand Marquis. I have no idea why I remember that.
'67 Ford Country Sedan. Seats 10 but fold them down and it had the bed size of a pick up truck. Two way tailgate. 390 horsepower interceptor engine. Incredibly quick off the line yet 20 mpg if you knew how to drive her. Really the peak of American automotive dominance.

14461122708_c9a5d49f91_b.jpg

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I've only met coach Calhoun a few times but my guess in private is that he is upset how the UConn program he built up has fallen so far in the past couple of years.
His relationship with coach Ollie probably changed some when he took in the job of building St Joseph program.
This is all on Ollie as he was given the keys to the program and ran it off the road.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So how about Hurley with Calhoun going full George Blaney for a few years? Jim casts a big shadow, but the idea intrigues me.

Reaction Score
If he shows up with Rashad Anderson? I'm all in!

Seriously - I'd love to see him come back, but we need players. Not sure if him coming back for 2 years or so would be anything more than a disruption to the recruiting process. Would players think he is serious?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Reputable sources pushing Hurley to UConn and Chief getting dragged on the same weekend? Spring is here early.

Reaction Score
Ucann call him Jamie if you know him as well as I do. And he is sooooo over the whole thing!!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
First person to PM me the correct answer to the question, “what kind of car does JC drive” will win the title of Least Casual Fan.
So does this mean that you, Kathy, Chief, and Sonova aren't all the same person?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom