January UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

January UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me what makes everybody so sure Azzi is coming to UCONN.
How come she has not declared for UCONN?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It seems to me that if I were Azzi and I really hadn't decided, I would be very ticked off at my friend Paige making almost weekly public comments about the two of us teaming up in Husky uniforms in the future. Azzi has to know that will add to the disappointment of UConn fans if she decides to go elsewhere, and could also put off other schools who might be interested in her.

Since I assume Paige isn't making these comments despite her friend's objections (which would certainly be counterproductive to her goal of getting Azzi to come to Storrs), I think Azzi must view the comments as harmless, which would only make sense if she has basically decided that is where she will be.

Reaction Score
I’ll bet Notre Dame pulls out all the stops to get her. She may not want to share the spotlight with Paige. Muffy needs a big time recruit to bring some credibility back to her program.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that if I were Azzi and I really hadn't decided, I would be very ticked off at my friend Paige making almost weekly public comments about the two of us teaming up in Husky uniforms in the future. Azzi has to know that will add to the disappointment of UConn fans if she decides to go elsewhere, and could also put off other schools who might be interested in her.

Since I assume Paige isn't making these comments despite her friend's objections (which would certainly be counterproductive to her goal of getting Azzi to come to Storrs), I think Azzi must view the comments as harmless, which would only make sense if she has basically decided that is where she will be.
Sound logic. But what if Dawn cooks Caribbean food for her family during a visit, oh wait wrong recruit.

Reaction Score
I’ll bet Notre Dame pulls out all the stops to get her. She may not want to share the spotlight with Paige. Muffy needs a big time recruit to bring some credibility back to her program.
Yeah, but MM hasn't been promoting the best of herself or the program these days. Time will tell.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sound logic. But what if Dawn cooks Caribbean food for her family during a visit, oh wait wrong recruit.

Guessing Kathy can handle many different international menu's if needed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Two notes. 1) Nat Marshall a ND commit responds to every Paige social media post encouraging Azzi to attend UCONN with one encouraging her to attend ND.
2) Both Paige & Azzi before Paige committed to UCONN visited UCONN on the same weekend that Boston took her official visit.
These are kids being kids and my sense is that Azzi has truly not made up her mind. They are enjoying the recruiting process and the disappointment of UCONN fans is the furthest thing from their minds -as it should be.

Reaction Score
I'd be very, very surprised if Fudd doesn't choose UConn.

Reaction Score
SIAP....... I do not pay attention to Middle School recruits, however, I saw an 8th-grade girl that was playing for the Boys team at Sidwell Friends in Washington DC. She is about 6' and very athletic and skilled. Does anyone know anything about her?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
SIAP....... I do not pay attention to Middle School recruits, however, I saw an 8th-grade girl that was playing for the Boys team at Sidwell Friends in Washington DC. She is about 6' and very athletic and skilled. Does anyone know anything about her?
Kiki Rice? She has been mentioned here a few times and on the UCONN radar.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Two notes. 1) Nat Marshall a ND commit responds to every Paige social media post encouraging Azzi to attend UCONN with one encouraging her to attend ND.
2) Both Paige & Azzi before Paige committed to UCONN visited UCONN on the same weekend that Boston took her official visit.
These are kids being kids and my sense is that Azzi has truly not made up her mind. They are enjoying the recruiting process and the disappointment of UCONN fans is the furthest thing from their minds -as it should be.
Also late last year Azzi made a very quiet visit at the ice cream parlor with UConn coaches.

Reaction Score

doesn't seem to be the kind of me first player that would have that attitude..................I'm hopeful that the opportunity to play with PB in the back court on a regular basis is just too exciting to pass up

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
All kidding aside don’t dismiss South Carolina as a possible destination for Fudd.
What makes SC attractive? Boston for two years and the Olympic Coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Maryland doesnt land Fudd it wont be for not getting on her early; they offered her in the 6th grade.
She won a National free throw shooting contest at about that time, maybe earlier.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop with the “Muffy” stuff. We’re adults here

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Exactly- kids being kids. In this case Azzi just wanted some good ice cream. :D
Nothing like taking that nice long flight up from Maryland just for the ice cream. It's on my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom