January UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

January UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very interesting mainly because many of us including me had written off Miles & Citron as potential prospects for UCONN. If her criteria is to have as many of her family see her play then UCONN has the 2nd best chance “geographically” speaking.

I just don't see Miles wanting to play second or third fiddle as a UConn point guard..................I'd say Notre Dame or North Carolina seem to make more sense in terms of playing time...............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if Azzi doesn't come to Uconn

Me too. Slide over Tony, I'll join you in a toast to that. ;)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I just don't see Miles wanting to play second or third fiddle as a UConn point guard..................I'd say Notre Dame or North Carolina seem to make more sense in terms of playing time...............

Miles is a real alpha and fortunately real alphas don't see things or think that way. Some real alphas (Azzi for example) relish the challenge of competing with other alphas on a daily basis because the challenge is greater. This class is full of alphas the right one will end up at UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

“For now, Miles has narrowed her list to six schools: North Carolina, Stanford, Notre Dame, Oregon, Princeton and Connecticut.

Miles' recruitment likely would be over if coach Courtney Banghart hadn't gone from Princeton to North Carolina.

Miles' initial plan was to commit by the Boo Williams Nike Invitational, but that's in late April, about three weeks after she can start taking official visits. Her new plan is to commit by August or September. Only four of the ESPN HoopGurlz Super 60 have committed.

Whichever school lands Miles will gain a unique blend of talent, skill and size.”
Another guard? I love Olivia's game, but do we have room?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Fudd commits elsewhere, who would be the next best 2021 guard UConn can get who they are currently recruiting?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Another guard? I love Olivia's game, but do we have room?
If Fudd commits elsewhere, who would be the next best 2021 guard UConn can get who they are currently recruiting?
Guard could cover a lot of players, but outside of Miles, either Kayla McPherson or Rori Harmon.
Verhulst or Wafenberger would be an outstanding addition because of their ability to play 1 2 or 3 or be that knock down perimeter shooter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, until Liv can stay on the floor (abandon the "fly swat" shot blocking technique) and out of foul trouble. :)
I've said in other threads that I think the ONO we really want and expect to see will emerge next season, not this one (including playing without fouling). I expect her to make the same junior leap that Megan did this year.
Wrong Olivia. @MilfordHusky was referring to Olivia Miles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

This is consistent with my impression of Azzi as one of the sweetest kids around. She and her family got to know Kobe and Gigi. Azzi and Gigi shoot hoops with Pheesa in NYC in December. So tragic! I trust Azzi will carry Kobe’s legacy and Gigi’s memory forward.

Reaction Score

A hopeful quote: :)

But what really drives Bueckers—more than any accolade, trophy or championship—is achieving her full potential. She made a pact with her best friend and 2021 No. 1 recruit Azzi Fudd that they would push each other to become the greatest they can be (“and that would be the greatest of all time”). With a goal as lofty as that, it’s easy to see why expectations of winning NCAA championships or having a solo SLAM cover as a high schooler wouldn’t seem like pressure at all.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's amazing how this has really blown up so quickly. Just around the corner, the story line will be the next coming of Diana Taurasi

Reaction Score
Miles is a real alpha and fortunately real alphas don't see things or think that way. Some real alphas (Azzi for example) relish the challenge of competing with other alphas on a daily basis because the challenge is greater. This class is full of alphas the right one will end up at UCONN.

I'd be more then happy to see her at UConn but I assume she's wise enough to know that the starting point guard spot belongs to another alpha who's not giving it up for four years............and hopefully the shooting guard role will filled the following season..........if OM is willing to come off the bench more power to her............she'll certainly experience some final fours and hopefully more at UConn if that's a goal........

Reaction Score
Before she got to S Carolina Wilson considered herself a guard. Gabby Williams was her team's pg. Having your best player run the offense seems common in high school.
I have no experience watching Miles but the UConn offense at it's best doesn't revolve around one player, it moves from player to player in the course of a game and often from possession to possession. I am certain that both Bueckers and Fudd can adapt to being a 1, 2 or 3. If Miles can also then there is a place for her.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If Nika Muhl proves to be Uconn-worthy, Fudd comes in 2021 and someone like Ashlon Jackson comes the following year in addition to Bueckers, Miles' time would be limited.

Verhulst, Wolfenberger or another big like Aaliyah Moore would be my preferences for a fourth in 2021.

Reaction Score
I know this is counter to everyone's wishes on the BY, but it makes for more interesting competition in wcbb if the top talents are spread around a little bit instead of being concentrated in a few of the usual suspects. If Azzi somehow commits to Uconn, I would want to see Miles go somewhere else to balance out the power.

Reaction Score
I know this is counter to everyone's wishes on the BY, but it makes for more interesting competition in wcbb if the top talents are spread around a little bit instead of being concentrated in a few of the usual suspects. If Azzi somehow commits to Uconn, I would want to see Miles go somewhere else to balance out the power.
I don’t think you’ll have any trouble getting your wish. I think she’ll follow Banghart to NC, especially now that she can get a scholarship unlike Princeton.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Where is my thumbs-down when I need it?!!! ;)

If i could have my way, UCONN would get the #1,2 and 3 recruits every single year. Screw parity. I want us to have all the talent, and lots of it! :D

There can be parity between teams 2-350. #1 should always be UCONN!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/25

Jillian Hollingshead: 19 points, 5 rebounds

Aaliyah Moore: 20 points, 12 rebounds

1/28

Jillian Hollingshead: 18 points

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The object is to make UConn bad for women's basketball.

Reaction Score
I think if Fudd commits, I could see Ducharme also coming to UConn. The other alphas I think would go elsewhere but I think Ducharme could take a largely off the bench role to be close to home, competing in practice with the best, and winning championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom