January UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

January UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
While early reports suggested Fudd would miss close to the entire season, she made a surprise return in the game against Bishop Ireton on January 3rd, announced via the team’s official Twitter (@SJCHSBBALL). The Cadets won 63-51 as Fudd scored 18 points. In her last five games, Fudd is averaging 15.4 points per game.

When asked about her return from injury, Fudd started out bluntly.

“Recovery sucked,” she said before laughing. “But it feels good to be back on the court with my girls after watching them go through a long preseason.”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/24

Paige Bueckers: 28 points (12-17 FG), 4-6 3-PT, 10 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks

Amari DeBerry: 16 points

Kayla McPherson: 45 points

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1/24

Paige Bueckers: 28 points (12-17 FG), 4-6 3-PT, 10 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks

Amari DeBerry: 16 points

Kayla McPherson: 45 points
Just finished seeing the game with Paige. She also came up with alot of tough contested rebounds including a few near end of game. Mush have 10 or more. Triple double?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is pure Azzi: “But it feels good to be back on the court with my girls ...."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought about going to see Mir tonight, but decided that tomorrow afternoon would be more convenient. Then I realized that UConn plays ECU tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to catch Mir later. But I hope to see Azzi at Paul VI on Sunday. It could be a wild game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just finished seeing the game with Paige. She also came up with alot of tough contested rebounds including a few near end of game. Mush have 10 or more. Triple double?

I think she was a little short. Maybe 7-8.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno on Paige and Mir:

“Paige gets a lot of attention, rightly so, and she deserves it,” Auriemma said. “Mir’s not as flashy with the ball in her hands scoring-wise. She’s more, ‘Go get the ball, be explosive.’ I’m not surprised both of them made it. They’ve put in the work to earn it.”

Coach also compares Mir to Ashey Battle and a shorter Aubrey Griffin.

Reaction Score
Geno on Paige and Mir:

“Paige gets a lot of attention, rightly so, and she deserves it,” Auriemma said. “Mir’s not as flashy with the ball in her hands scoring-wise. She’s more, ‘Go get the ball, be explosive.’ I’m not surprised both of them made it. They’ve put in the work to earn it.”

next year's UConn team is going to be one of the most athletic in years................something tells me they are going to run a lot of opponents off the court................

Reaction Score
Geno on Paige and Mir:

Have admired Geno for a lot of things but his ability to be articulate and creative continues to amaze. With all the player assessments he has done, his comments are always unique.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1/24
Head-to-head matchup Friday saw Aaliyah Moore score 38 points against Peyton Verhulst who scored 26.
Damn. I would have paid to see that game. Here is a good article about the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Damn. I would have paid to see that game. Here is a good article about the game.

Nice edge. :cool:

“Not that I had something to prove but I just wanted people to know that I am good and I can play against good people and play defense and rebound and do all that stuff,” Aaliyah Moore said as the Lions topped Bishop Miege of Kansas, 82-68, to advance to the championship game of the John Nobles Tournament in Moore against Choctaw, a 49-42 winner over Norman North in the other semifinal.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Moore plays for Moore High School in Moore, Oklahoma. That reminds me of the Cleveland Browns, who were coached by Paul Brown and had the great running back Jim Brown.

Are you sure they did not change the name of the HS and town to attract her? ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nice edge. :cool:

“Not that I had something to prove but I just wanted people to know that I am good and I can play against good people and play defense and rebound and do all that stuff,” Aaliyah Moore said as the Lions topped Bishop Miege of Kansas, 82-68, to advance to the championship game of the John Nobles Tournament in Moore against Choctaw, a 49-42 winner over Norman North in the other semifinal.
I have said it before and some might be tired of me saying it but Aaliyah Moore reminds me of Morgan Tuck in all the great ways that Morgan could positively impact the game. It Is all there:the motor, the foot work, the passing, the defensive versatility, 3 ball ....I hope she is considering UCONN.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have said it before and some might be tired of me saying it but Aaliyah Moore reminds me of Morgan Tuck in all the great ways that Morgan could positively impact the game. It Is all there:the motor, the foot work, the passing, the defensive versatility, 3 ball ....I hope she is considering UCONN.
You may get tired of saying it, but I don't get tired of hearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom