January UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

January UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great videos. Thanks to everyone who posts them. Hopkins was playing a patsy, much like UConn last night. Difference was that Hopkins was ahead 50 or so to 13 at halftime. I have to keep reminding myself that the right highlight video of the Memphis game could make the Huskies look like a shoo-in for the title this year.

I hope Bueckers can adjust to passing to statues next season. :)

Just kidding. The next few years are going to be fun.

Reaction Score
More Bueckers highlights from Tuesday (1/14):

from a pure basketball standpoint I think she was ready to play college ball two years ago.......................it must be getting a bit boring playing in games like this.............

Reaction Score
Decided to watch Plath Gabriel last night. Bradford Christian plays their home games at the “Y” in Plaistow,NH. My take is about the same as a Geno’s. She’s “BIG” and is a major project. She does set herself well in the low post but can’t finish at a high percentage. Must have missed at least 10 shots from within 3 feet with her spin moves. When facing up she made about 8 within 2 feet. She can run the floor but doesn’t seem to have quickness.
Defensively not much there. Other teams best player and star of the game , Caroline Ducharme drove the lane repeatedly for scores. Ole !! Place accent mark over “e”. While she never attempted a shot from beyond 3 feet, I noticed during warmups she was accurate up to 15 feet. Her shot release point was about chin high. IMHO if she wants to get minutes at the next level D2 or low D1 would have been the way to go.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/16

Kiki Iriafen: 28 points

1/14

Jillian Hollingshead: 24 points

1/10

Jillian Hollingshead: 21 points, 12 rebounds

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin on early January's Blue Star Invite:

Azzi Fudd, 5-11, shooting guard, St. John’s College High School (Washington, DC)

Fudd is just returning from an ACL tear this past spring. Having received a number of national high school player-of-the-year awards for 2018-2019, Fudd’s stroke looks a fine as ever (12 points in the win versus Rutgers Prep) but her movement is not yet up to speed. Slow and steady should be the plan for recovery!

Kiki Rice, 6-0, point guard, Sidwell Friends School (Washington, DC)

Rice was recently profiled on the site. However, a 42-point performance in her team’s win over St. Rose deserves special recognition. While running her team’s offense, she hit all kinds of shots and was deadly from the foul line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Below was from a writers post on a So Cal Forum. It is not from an article link that I can find, thus no link.

Cathedral Catholic/UConn Commit sophomore Isuneh "Ice" Brady had a career-high 36 points, including 21 of the Dons' 28 in the second half, to go along with 15 rebounds and five blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom