January UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

January UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn't someone post that UConn is not on Wolfenbarger's final list?
Not sure. Per this July '19 article she has a UCONN offer.

"Since the offer from the Razorbacks, Connecticut, Florida State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Louisville and others have offered. Wolfenbarger said she averages talking to three or four coaches a day."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Couple of quick updates for those advocating Jersey Wolfenbarger to UCONN.
She is now 6'4" per a recent report having grown 7 inches (5'9"-6'4") in the last 18 Months.
She took unofficial visits to Baylor and Arkansas in August.
Baylor offered in August.
ND offered in December of 2019.:eek:
At 6'4" I don't see PG in her future and possibly not CG either.
I think this highlight package has been posted before. This girl can play!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She is now 6'4" per a recent report having grown 7 inches (5'9"-6'4") in the last 18 Months.

While you can never have enough talented recruits, it does appear like Jersey’s game fits right between Saylor & Amari, which I’m sure will be pointed out to her by rival coaches.

Reaction Score

gotta love those players that develop guard skills and then go on a big growth spurt...................

Reaction Score

Thanks for the size update. I'll take her anyway and find a spot for her. She's going to be a serious problem for opponents.

Reaction Score
Not sure. Per this July '19 article she has a UCONN offer.

"Since the offer from the Razorbacks, Connecticut, Florida State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Louisville and others have offered. Wolfenbarger said she averages talking to three or four coaches a day."

after reading the article it would seem that she is headed to Arkansas. Got to respect her loyalty.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards nominated to play in the Canadian BioSteel game for a second straight year.

Reaction Score
Wolfbarger is great talent as I watched her on a site. She is tall, can shot, rebound and is team player. Would be a good addition for us. Friend of Christy.

Reaction Score
highly unlikely knowing the NCAA but maybe PB got to keep all the frequent flyer miles she earned from traveling all over the globe in the past few years with USA Basketball................ :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that a discounted flight from Minn to DC is less than a pair of Nikes.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked to learn that a discounted flight from Minn to DC is less than a pair of Nikes.

it looks like $450 -$500 round trip direct for next weekend Fri-Sun

Reaction Score
How many pairs of Nikes do you think Bueckers & Fudd own?

My guess is 50-100 each, some never worn. I'm not basing this on any knowledge, just a WAG.

So, regardless of how many pair they have, how many of them do you think they paid for? My guess (WAG again) is not very many. Suspect they get a lot of gear from tournaments, AAU sponsors, etc.

So the flight might be quite a bit more....?

Reaction Score
If UCONN were to bring in a third guard to go along with Azzi and Saylor in 2021-who would you want that to be?
Saniya Rivers would be my choice.
I was saying the same thing. I would love to see Saniya Rivers at UConn until I seen the highlights of Jersey Wolfenbarger. She can do the same as Rivers but she’s 6’4 and I haven’t heard a comment from her saying she wants to beat Uconn yet.

Reaction Score
She'd be good but I don't think she'll leave the southeast. I'd like a big one that can handle and help on the boards. Don't know if they can get her out of Arkansas but this J Wolf looks very nice to me. I see SP as more of a big wing.
Why can’t they get her out of Arkansas isn’t that where Squeaks from??

Reaction Score
How many pairs of Nikes do you think Bueckers & Fudd own?

My guess is 50-100 each, some never worn. I'm not basing this on any knowledge, just a WAG.

So, regardless of how many pair they have, how many of them do you think they paid for? My guess (WAG again) is not very many. Suspect they get a lot of gear from tournaments, AAU sponsors, etc.

So the flight might be quite a bit more....?

Well I have no facts but I'll assume that Nike sells quite a few pairs of $450-$500 sneakers. My point is that the cost of flying from/to Minn/DC is no more than the cost of a pair of shoes and that there are a lot of kids whose parents aren't wealthy wearing those shoes for Nike et al to earn their profits. Those who find 16/17 year olds flying around the country as unusual (include me in that group) are just old enough to remember when any flight was unusual for anyone.

Reaction Score
Well I have no facts but I'll assume that Nike sells quite a few pairs of $450-$500 sneakers. My point is that the cost of flying from/to Minn/DC is no more than the cost of a pair of shoes and that there are a lot of kids whose parents aren't wealthy wearing those shoes for Nike et al to earn their profits. Those who find 16/17 year olds flying around the country as unusual (include me in that group) are just old enough to remember when any flight was unusual for anyone.
It's just like the bus nowadays, except less comfortable...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Work those connections Paige. :D:D
Azzi = Prettiest stroke since KML! Nat Marshall still hanging in there to get Azzi to ND. Would it be rude if someone sent Nat a blue devil emoji the next time she sends out those Irish ones?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger