James Bouknight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Disagree. The weakest position currently is power forward. We even have a wing, Polley and another wing, Sid getting minutes there. Why? Because SF is the strongest position on the team. B. Adams is 6’5” and can play it as well. We need a real power forward who can defend in the paint and post up.

The weakest position has been power forward because Diarra and Whaley have been injured and Akok hasn't yet joined the team. Add those three and the center spot becomes the top hole -- especially with Cobb graduating.

Wahab looks like a very good player at the Jake Voskuhl level of contributor. We can go a long way with that. Tre Mitchell provides more offense and versatility but I would love to get a good defensive center.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The weakest position has been power forward because Diarra and Whaley have been injured and Akok hasn't yet joined the team. Add those three and the center spot becomes the top hole -- especially with Cobb graduating.

Wahab looks like a very good player at the Jake Voskohl level of contributor. We can go a long way with that. Tre Mitchell provides more offense and versatility but I would love to get a good defensive center.

I agree with that. The strongest position is truly PG on the current roster, which is why we are playing Jalen at the SG position and our SGs, CV and Smith at SF, and our SF at PF. It's a cascading effect.

In any event, I think it's more likely that Akok starts than Bouknight does. If we can land Kofi, I think he has a good chance to start over Carlton, but would play major minutes in any case. Not only do we lose Cobb, but Yawke as well. Diarra has the strength but not the height.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Disagree. The weakest position currently is power forward. We even have a wing, Polley and another wing, Sid getting minutes there. Why? Because SF is the strongest position on the team. B. Adams is 6’5” and can play it as well. We need a real power forward who can defend in the paint and post up.

Everybody always forgets B Adams when talking about next year's combo guard depth. Kid could be pretty solid.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not only do we lose Cobb, but Yawke as well. Diarra has the strength but not the height.

Diarra is a writeoff until he shows he can stay on the court.

Reaction Score
The weakest position by far is center.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Right now? Carlton and Cobb have been effective and Yawke has moments. Polly is a small forward playing out of position because we have zero healthy power forwards. Next year, yeah, Center is a major problem.

pj

Reaction Score
Polley isn't playing out of position. That's what power forwards look like now.

Agree, if Polley wants minutes that's his spot, he just has to get better at it, and a lot stronger.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is he Boo-Knight or Book-night?

I always read it the first way. Baba Booey.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI Bouknight might have hurt his knee tonight. Could be nothing but he went down after a dunk. Before dunk he came out and was limping a bit. Came back in and after dunk fell right to the ground. Came out limping and iced it. Never came back in.

Could be nothing but wanted to let you BY know.

Attachments

• 9775AD2D-C49D-4434-8A7B-B4AE4514BFB9.jpeg
    9775AD2D-C49D-4434-8A7B-B4AE4514BFB9.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 153

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just an FYI Bouknight might have hurt his knee tonight. Could be nothing but he went down after a dunk. Before dunk he came out and was limping a bit. Came back in and after dunk fell right to the ground. Came out limping and iced it. Never came back in.

Looking forward to 4 years of grumbling about "recruiting injured players."

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Oh god.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to 4 years of grumbling about "recruiting injured players."

Good call. This is one million percent going to happen if JB isn't a stud out of the gate. Didn't he tear an ACL last year or am I mistaken?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Good call. This is one million percent going to happen if JB isn't a stud out of the gate. Didn't he tear an ACL last year or am I mistaken?

Torn meniscus. I'm already dreading the first rube who'll claim that Hurley should've pulled his scholly.

Reaction Score
Hopefully nothing serious but at least we have guard depth for next year if Vital Stays.

C

Chief00

So skilled, you can tell he’s been working with basketball trainers/coaches probably his entire life. Catches ball immediately goes into triple threat position. Defenders hands down giving him any space he’ll take the shot, defender playing tight he’ll use a jab step to create space or blow by them looking for contact at the rim for an and 1. His use of the pump fake is also near perfect. He also follows up every shot looking for the rebound to put back. This is a kid with an extremely high basketball IQ.

One thing I noticed about James at a recent game he attended, is that he is a very respectful kid toward his elders. That translates to being very coachable IMO. In particular, he showed a lot of respect to Dee Rowe. These are the little things Chief looks for that separates great ballers from just guys with only physical ability. Kemba had that same kind of respect and Chief thinks so much of that comes from how their parents brought them up. Kemba’s mom will always be one of Chief’s all time favorite Husky parents.
#Chief24/7AfterHours

C

Chief00

Can Chief say both positions? Chief likes to have both a center and power forward who can do the trench warfare thing both offensively and defensively. I understand how it’s nice to have guys who stretch the floor too at those positions but to me that’s a nice to have. Kicking butt down low is a requirement.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

That's definitely not 'nothing', but hopefully it's not serious.

Sounds 'meniscus-y'. Not trying to accurately diagnose, just surmising based on your description.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Torn meniscus. I'm already dreading the first rube who'll claim that Hurley should've pulled his scholly.

That's what this particular injury sounds like as well. Hopefully not.

Kid probably needs to get stronger in his legs and core. That will help.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can Chief say both positions? Chief likes to have both a center and power forward who can do the trench warfare thing both offensively and defensively. I understand how it’s nice to have guys who stretch the floor too at those positions but to me that’s a nice to have. Kicking butt down low is a requirement.
Precious is an important piece because he gives us what we lack athleticism, rebounding, defense, versatility. He can guard 1-5 in the American, we can just put him on the opposing teams best player. In addition to fitting well in our up tempo open floor offense. Would instantly make a national contender imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom