James Bouknight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know everybody is high on Bouknight, and I am too, but I think "instant starter" is a stretch.

Looking at next season, AG will have PG duties, and I expect a senior Christian Vital will likely start at the SG spot. Sid should develop into a starting SF by then. Polley probably comes off the bench behind either Akok or Diarra, and plays some SF. Then there is Brendan Adams who will get some minutes at the SG and SF position. This all assumes we don't get Precious.

Bouknight should be a key scorer off the bench and earn significant playing time as a freshman. On a good team, that's a reasonable expectation.

Polley isn't coming off the bench for Diarra next year, and I think it's pretty likely he starts over (or alongside?) Akok as well. This board overrates the transition from highly prized high school recruit to D1 starter every year.

Reaction Score
I stand by my prediction that he starts day one.
I’m not sure he starts day one but he could make his way into the starting lineup by conference play. I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s going to have the biggest impact of all next years recruits by the end of his career here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Polley isn't coming off the bench for Diarra next year, and I think it's pretty likely he starts over (or alongside?) Akok as well. This board overrates the transition from highly prized high school recruit to D1 starter every year.

And yet I think it’s much more likely that Akok starts than Bouknight over a senior Vital or Sophomore Sid.

C

Chief00

And yet I think it’s much more likely that Akok starts than Bouknight over a senior Vital or Sophomore Sid.

That’s a key recruiting pitch - plenty of minutes available in the front line.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The most obvious need is at the wing/3rd guard with Jalen leaving. Bouknight is the most polished recruit we are bringing in and fills that role nicely. Akok is there defensively but is extremely raw offensively and needs to add weight, I think he comes off he bench. Unless they want to start him at the 5 over Carlton and play a 5 out look on offense. Probably matchup dependent.

C

Chief00

The most obvious need is at the wing/3rd guard with Jalen leaving. Bouknight is the most polished recruit we are bringing in and fills that role nicely. Akok is there defensively but is extremely raw offensively and needs to add weight, I think he comes off he bench. Unless they want to start him at the 5 over Carlton and play a 5 out look on offense. Probably matchup dependent.
Need to sign a center.

C

Chief00

Bouknight looks so......effortless.
He started the dam break. That will take on even more meaning as time goes by. He’s a stud player and hands down this is the place James always wanted to be. He’s a guy you will look back decades from now and remember as a pivot. A moment in time.
A different player than Chris Smith but like Chris, James changed the conversation and Chief will always remember that aspect. He will always hold that special place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great pick!

hqdefault.jpg
You are probably going to hell for that, but still... well played!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or underestimates how challenging it is.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Need to sign a center.
Would be a miracle if we get that center Thursday. I’m thinking 50/50 on Kofi this spring. Grad transfer route looking like a real possibility.

C

Chief00

So far, Danny is 3 for 3 on original top targets. Two remain, Kofi and Precious.
Now will he open it up? I think so, but if someone beats us on those two, they will have earned it. The grind has been relentless.

Reaction Score
Alright I messed up. I corrected it. Sorry guys!

Now back to my main original point. Hurley thinks Bouknight can be an NBA player. That's good news!
What about Akok Akok? I know this is a Bouknight thread but the larger point is that things are looking up.

Reaction Score
So far, Danny is 3 for 3 on original top targets. Two remain, Kofi and Precious.
Now will he open it up? I think so, but if someone beats us on those two, they will have earned it. The grind has been relentless.
I really think Wahab, Kofi and Akok could easily co-exist. Wahab can swing to the four. There are 20 to 25 minutes for each of them and Kofi and Akok are 2 year guys at most as it looks now. Sid belongs at the 3. Precious would be gravy gold. If we were to land all 3 of those bigs the logjam would take care of itself in the front court. That's big time life.

Has Mitchell gone radio silent?

Just want to get back to where we "reload".

Reaction Score
Would be a miracle if we get that center Thursday. I’m thinking 50/50 on Kofi this spring. Grad transfer route looking like a real possibility.
We didn’t prioritize Wahab now all of sudden, his recruitment is wide open 2 days before he decides. Kofi and Precious have been UConn leans for a while now. I say we get 1 out of those 3. If we get precious and Kofi it’s essentially 5/5 for Hurley.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We didn’t prioritize Wahab now all of sudden, his recruitment is wide open 2 days before he decides. Kofi and Precious have been UConn leans for a while now. I say we get 1 out of those 3. If we get precious and Kofi it’s essentially 5/5 for Hurley.
Dude if we get Precious OR Kofi that’s an amazing class.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Disagree. The weakest position currently is power forward. We even have a wing, Polley and another wing, Sid getting minutes there. Why? Because SF is the strongest position on the team. B. Adams is 6’5” and can play it as well. We need a real power forward who can defend in the paint and post up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom