James Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was talking about first round draft picks. And yup I missed Shabazz. How the heck did I do that?! I'm editing my post so I don't get any more corrections!

Reaction Score
That's not exactly what you think of when you hear the term send guys to the NBA. Bazz, yes but Hamilton and Purvis are G league players who got a cup of coffee in the NBA. HooperScooper's statement isn't wrong.
His sentiment isn't wrong. His statement is factually incorrect

Reaction Score
He said we hadn’t sent a player to the NBA in nearly 7 years. 7 years ago is 2011. The plain language of his statement was wrong.
Yes, yes I messed up. I was talking about first round picks. And I missed Shabazz. Not sure how I did that! Corrected up above. Sorry about the mix up.

Reaction Score
He said we hadn’t sent a player to the NBA in nearly 7 years. 7 years ago is 2011. The plain language of his statement was wrong.
You got your years wrong Bubba. Hooper said it's been almost 7 years. It's been 5 years, while 5 years can technically be almost 7, he would have beem better off just saying 5 years so we could avoid this nonsensical dialogue. His point is we don't send guys to the NBA anymore and we really have to start doing so again.

Reaction Score
You got your years wrong Bubba. Hooper said it's been almost 7 years. It's been 5 years, while 5 years can technically be almost 7, he would have beem better off just saying 5 years so we could avoid this nonsensical dialogue. His point is we don't send guys to the NBA anymore and we really have to start doing so again.
Alright I messed up. I corrected it. Sorry guys!

Now back to my main original point. Hurley thinks Bouknight can be an NBA player. That's good news!

Reaction Score
Bouknight definitely has an NBA chance. Better than some of our other players. I think Akok and Bouknight both have a chance. Not surefire picks yet, but they have size, and an obvious transferrable skillset if they continue to develop. Putting either of these guys in the league would be HUGE for Hurley.

Rique is too small. Jalen is getting older and lacks dominance like college guards need.

I think Gaffney is probably too thin right now. His passing and bounce could be intriguing though if he bulks up.

Who else on our team now is even close? Polley has a long shot as a 3 and D if he steps up the D.

Sid? I don't think we've seen enough yet.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gaffney will have to prove he’s a playmaker, Bouknight has the tools if he develops correctly, Akok will be an nba player eventually.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What pick was Shabazz?
Great pick!

hqdefault.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Game is on the baller Tv site. Streams a lot of Aau games.

Bouknignt is a top 50 kid in the country. Lots of similarities to Lamb both in his game,body,and body language. He has a chance to be an NBA guy. Love how he looks more athletic and added weight since July. Like someone else says uses a shot fake extremely well. Very refreshing to see that.

All that said he will need to play harder and guard better. Stuff I imagine Hurley will fix immediately. Also turns it over too much. And oddly struggled from the line in this game, but I assume That was a fluke.

Kid has some sweet footwork from what I saw in those vids. Very clean.

Reaction Score
Forgive me for going off of what was actually said.

I have no dog in this fight, but I have to laugh here, since just yesterday you flatly ignored what I and others actually said and asserted that -- despite no evidence in our posts -- we really wanted Carlton and Polley off the team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kumani Young with Hurley and Tom Crean over to their right.

I love these 2 kids think they’re tremendous players and great fits for the Huskies future.

Is there any pic where Crean doesn't look like a tool bag? Looks like he's taking a dump or something. So glad we didn't get him--no idea if we had any interest just sayin.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Alright I messed up. I corrected it. Sorry guys!

Now back to my main original point. Hurley thinks Bouknight can be an NBA player. That's good news!

One correction on your OP bro, you screwed up the....

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Who else on our team now is even close? Polley has a long shot as a 3 and D if he steps up the D.

Sid? I don't think we've seen enough yet.

I don't want to write Polley off yet, but he's a long, long shot. He's a classic NBA tweener. No chance he can handle an NBA 3 defensively; They are just too explosive.. And with the way NBA fours are going now, he'd be both outmuscled and out athleted by most of them.

He struggles with college athleticism now, which lowers his ceiling here. But he may be able to make up for it at the college level as he puts on some muscle and gains instinct, footwork, and positioning experience.

But the jump to the pros is just too much athletically speaking. From this vantage point anyway.

Sid on the other hand has a better chance, simply because of innate athleticism alone. But as you say, we've no idea what we got yet. He'll obviously need to fill out a lot as well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight, but I have to laugh here, since just yesterday you flatly ignored what I and others actually said and asserted that -- despite no evidence in our posts -- we really wanted Carlton and Polley off the team.

Your longstanding obsession with repetively pointing out how they don’t meet your standards suggests otherwise.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know everybody is high on Bouknight, and I am too, but I think "instant starter" is a stretch.

Looking at next season, AG will have PG duties, and I expect a senior Christian Vital will likely start at the SG spot. Sid should develop into a starting SF by then. Polley probably comes off the bench behind either Akok or Diarra, and plays some SF. Then there is Brendan Adams who will get some minutes at the SG and SF position. This all assumes we don't get Precious.

Bouknight should be a key scorer off the bench and earn significant playing time as a freshman. On a good team, that's a reasonable expectation.

Reaction Score
I know everybody is high on Bouknight, and I am too, but I think "instant starter" is a stretch.

Looking at next season, AG will have PG duties, and I expect a senior Christian Vital will likely start at the SG spot. Sid should develop into a starting SF by then. Polley probably comes off the bench behind either Akok or Diarra, and plays some SF. Then there is Brendan Adams who will get some minutes at the SG and SF position. This all assumes we don't get Precious.

Bouknight should be a key scorer off the bench and earn significant playing time as a freshman. On a good team, that's a reasonable expectation.
I'd just like to point out the fact that Vital, although he shouldn't, is probably gone after this year. He entered the draft last year, as laughable as that was, and you're only allowed to pull out once. Something tells me he will do the same this year, but won't be eligible to come back once he does this. It will be another case of Deandre Daniels or Daniel Hamilton smh.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I stand by my prediction that he starts day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom