James Akinjo | Page 6 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And this tweet was deleted:
Capture.PNG

Reaction Score
I can't imagine guys put on the full jersey unless they're committing right??

:) Hmmmmm.....then:

"Take that off until you call the other coaches"??

LOL we can dream right SHA

Reaction Score
To me Akinjo is the biggest priority in the class. Get him and Carey is just gravy. We need a proven 4 star big next, as I personally think Adams and Gilbert will still be around next year and all our bigs are projects. Getting Sid to replace Larrier on the wing was huge.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
To me Akinjo is the biggest priority in the class. Get him and Carey is just gravy. We need a proven 4 star big next, as I personally think Adams and Gilbert will still be around next year and all our bigs are projects. Getting Sid to replace Larrier on the wing was huge.
Adams is most likely gone IMO

Reaction Score

Akinjo has been my #1 for quite some time. He's got that Kemba/Shabazz/Adams swagga x-factor that can't be taught. Can't wait to see him collaborate with Sid Vicious.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If he blows up maybe, but for now I haven't seen him on even one mock draft not to mention top 100 pro prospect lists. If he needs to make money because he's old sure, but not on any NBA radar at the moment.
I hope he had a fabulous off season and worked on all the areas of his game. He needs to make those improvements and show that he can carry a team like Kemba to go on to the NBA. Otherwise overseas. Hope he makes the NBA next year or the following. That will mean great improvement and some exciting basketball for the Huskies. All the best Jalen!

Reaction Score
I hope he had a fabulous off season and worked on all the areas of his game. He needs to make those improvements and show that he can carry a team like Kemba to go on to the NBA. Otherwise overseas. Hope he makes the NBA next year or the following. That will mean great improvement and some exciting basketball for the Huskies. All the best Jalen!

If Jalen improves like he did from freshman to soph year going into Jr year he will have put himself on the map.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I want this kid. Carey is more a long shot than a lock and losing him wouldn't sting near as bad with akinjo and Sid on board.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Agree, we get Akinjo and lose Carey it won't sting much but I don't think Carey is a long shot.
I think we have a shot. But up against some big guns.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine guys put on the full jersey unless they're committing right??

Every official visitor takes these pics.

Still think he commits at some point, who knows if its this weekend.

I have a strong hunch we end up with two of nembhard, akinjo and carey. Were closer on carey than yall realize

Reaction Score
Being off the ball more should help him a ton. He'll get many more easy looks

Jalen needs to worry about handling the ball and playing well as our lead guard. He will not become a better player by playing off the ball. That notion is ridiculous. With Alterique, Larrier, Vital, and Kwin on the team, there are options there that Jalen won't have to carry the load by himself.

pj

Reaction Score
Jalen needs to worry about handling the ball and playing well as our lead guard. He will not become a better player by playing off the ball. That notion is ridiculous. With Alterique, Larrier, Vital, and Kwin on the team, there are options there that Jalen won't have to carry the load by himself.

As KO, says, there are three roles: distributors, wings, and bigs. Jalen is a distributor, and he will share the distributor role with Alterique and Antwoine. There will be two distributors on the court nearly all the time. Sometimes he'll be "off the ball" and sometimes "on the ball" but always, all of our players will "share the ball."

Reaction Score
Being off the ball more should help him a ton. He'll get many more easy looks

Jalen lead the conference in assists. No reason for him to play off guard at all. That notion on the yard seems nuts to me.

Alterique will give him a breather. He will be the boat to jalens bazz. Hell be a great off ball slasher and scorer and an elite defender with his quickness of he learns team d.

Reaction Score
Jalen lead the conference in assists. No reason for him to play off guard at all. That notion on the yard seems nuts to me.

Alterique will give him a breather. He will be the boat to jalens bazz. Hell be a great off ball slasher and scorer and an elite defender with his quickness of he learns team d.
well he can't exactly be off the ball less than he was last year, can he? that's what I mean

Reaction Score

I wanna see Jalen DEMAND the dominant leadership role on this team. No more screwing around, lock in on defense, be vocal, show maturity, manage game clock, go 0ut and make 1st team AAC, and lead us back to the tournament where we belong.

Expecting a major leap in his defensive intensity...something Kemba/Boat/Bazz all showed when the team was theirs. Jalen, Al, CV & Antwoine should all be super aggressive ball hawks feeding off one another's defensive intensity. Get into the other guards, wreak havoc and create far more turnovers from last year with high pressure.

End of the day all starts with Jalen. Go out and lead your team by example. You have the players this time barring no injuries, no more bum ankle, no more excuses. Go make 1st team all AAC, get us to the tourney, become a lottery pick. All there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom