James Akinjo | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last PG target standing.

I know must get is cliche and over used, but this kid is a must.

Reaction Score
He's joking.

We're out on Carey though, so Akinjo is big now. Hopefully they don't let him leave without committing.

What happened with Carey? Why are we out?

Reaction Score
Couldn't really tell you exactly why but he's Cuse bound
Given how long the sanctions supposedly hurt OUR recruiting, shouldn't it be hurting the cuse still? Maybe they found a way around the $anction$.

Reaction Score
Given how long the sanctions supposedly hurt OUR recruiting, shouldn't it be hurting the cuse still? Maybe they found a way around the $anction$.
It's because the AAC is ASS and the ACC is CA$H.

No matter how many excuses and scapegoats you want to find and blame, this isn't hands down the biggest reason we're in the shitter. It would be different if we were the only school in the north east that had any pedigree (similar to gonzaga) but when there are 10-15 powerhouses in a 4 hour drive, that's a huge factor.

Reaction Score

The Cuse sanctions were applied the year of the NCAA penalties. UConn's APR ban was applied to following year, which allowed players to leave scot-free. There's a big difference.

I'm not even referring to the Nate Miles sanctions which were also in place at the time. But just the APR alone was a much more difficult ban what Cuse endured.

Reaction Score
Jalen is Cuse bound. No question. Akinjo will very likely wear American flag blue and has the potential to follow in the footsteps of Kemba and Shabazz. Love that kid's game.

What do people here know that make them so confident about Akinjo coming here?

Reaction Score
What do people here know that make them so confident about Akinjo coming here?
He seems to be pretty high on UConn and has been for a while.

Quotes from about a month ago:
UConn head coach Kevin Ollie has been selling Akinjo on the idea of coming and playing for a former NBA point guard.

"Coach Ollie says to come play for a point guard," said Akinjo. "A lot of great point guards have gone to UConn and they really get the most out of them. I love the system."

With so much new attention, Akinjo hasn't set any kind of timetable and he said that no new offer stood out over the others. At some point he will look to set official visits and one program is sure to get a visit.

"I have to take my time and kind of investigate things," said Akinjo. "I am for sure going to take an official visit to UConn, that's the one for sure. I've been over to Cal unofficially and they are close enough that I don't have to take an official to them."

Then the fact that Indiana, California and Iowa State go from "definitely getting official visits" to "also on his mind" after the UConn official visit is announced (also Indiana appears to have been eliminated since they already got another PG commit a few days ago).

Reaction Score

UConn head coach Kevin Ollie has been selling Akinjo on the idea of coming and playing for a former NBA point guard.

"Coach Ollie says to come play for a point guard," said Akinjo. "A lot of great point guards have gone to UConn and they really get the most out of them. I love the system."

With so much new attention, Akinjo hasn't set any kind of timetable and he said that no new offer stood out over the others. At some point he will look to set official visits and one program is sure to get a visit.

"I have to take my time and kind of investigate things," said Akinjo. "I am for sure going to take an official visit to UConn, that's the one for sure. I've been over to Cal unofficially and they are close enough that I don't have to take an official to them."

Then the fact that Indiana, California and Iowa State go from "definitely getting official visits" to "also on his mind" after the UConn official visit is announced (also Indiana appears to have been eliminated since they already got another PG commit a few days ago).

Awesome! Thanks, TCF. You're the best!

Reaction Score

Great post tcf.

UCONN has been his #1 for quite some time. If we lose out on him, it's ONLY because Ollie really up...

Reaction Score
Bazz and Boat recently showed us that winners' instinct can overcome physical shortcoming, and this kid might be in the same mold. Peach Jam MVP is nothing to sneeze at, and I'll take winners (who, btw, also really want to be here) over physical specimens that won't be x-factors until they've spent 2-3 years in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom