James Akinjo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the primary goal of positions as assistant coaches at UConn - sitting next to Kevin Ollie - is evaluating and recruiting young talented urban kids from target markets and attached to specific highly-produced AAU clubs, I would choose Raphael Chillious and Dwight Killings over Karl Hobbs and Glen Miller all day anytime in the last 3-5 years. This idea that Miller had Diallo pegged ... and that is why he is gone; that's nuts. Our transition with Ollie was sluggish due to legacy mindsets.

Now, it is Kevin's complete transformation with one heck of a Practice facility. It is now completely on him. Wake up, sip your Starbucks ... and just Win.

Reaction Score
If the primary goal of positions as assistant coaches at UConn - sitting next to Kevin Ollie - is evaluating and recruiting young talented urban kids from target markets and attached to specific highly-produced AAU clubs, I would choose Raphael Chillious and Dwight Killings over Karl Hobbs and Glen Miller all day anytime in the last 3-5 years. This idea that Miller had Diallo pegged ... and that is why he is gone; that's nuts. Our transition with Ollie was sluggish due to legacy mindsets.

Now, it is Kevin's complete transformation with one heck of a Practice facility. It is now completely on him. Wake up, sip your Starbucks ... and just Win.

We dont JUST recruit urban youth, ya know...

Also, one thing ive noticed about akinjo after watching a couple games. Hes a righty shooter (not a great finisher with the left) but he seems more comfortable driving with his lefr hand. Kind of a unique feature to his game

Reaction Score
He's been very wrong on nearly everything for a while.

Tip: a college basketball coaching staff isn't going to divulge state secrets to someone who will put them on the internet three minutes later.

I think it's more likely that he continues to be in the know but the staff just told him he needs to shut the hell up. He just popped up in that Akinjo video scouting with Ricky and I believe that tournament was recent. He is also a ghost on TOS.

Reaction Score
He's been very wrong on nearly everything for a while.

Tip: a college basketball coaching staff isn't going to divulge state secrets to someone who will put them on the internet three minutes later.

I mean Oz is seen in the video on the first page of this very thread with a member of the coaching staff (Ricky Moore) watching Akinjo play. It's kind of hard to argue whether or not he's connected.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I mean Oz is seen in the video on the first page of this very thread with a member of the coaching staff (Ricky Moore) watching Akinjo play. It's kind of hard to argue whether or not he's connected.

I didn't say he wasn't.

I said he's been wrong far more often than he's been right.

Reaction Score
I didn't say he wasn't.

I said he's been wrong far more often than he's been right.
And as you know he's been getting it straight from the staff. Just have to hope they've finally figured it out.

Reaction Score
I would rather have Jalen Carey but Akinjo is one hell of a back up option. This kid has the most swagger, moxie and killer instinct out of any guard in his class. He looks like Shabazz both in his body type and his game and intangibles that he brings.

Akinjo will be an excellent college player for us if Ollie can do his job and get him to commit.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
And as you know he's been getting it straight from the staff. Just have to hope they've finally figured it out.

I have no doubt he gets some info from the staff, but I am also convinced he greatly exaggerates what they are telling him just so he has some "info" to pass along.

"We feel good about where we stand w/ recruit X" does not equate to "X is ours, just needs to sign the paperwork!!! :)"

Reaction Score
He reminds of Jaecee Martin from Weaver HS, who is going to be a huge steal for Sacred Heart University this season...except that Ajinko is a much better shooter and scorer. But the body type, the competitiveness, and the handle are all very similar. Would love to have him commit.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, not his mom. This post from his uncle's instagram kind of tipped me off, but then I found this article from a few years ago that confirmed it:

Richmond’s Office of Neighborhood Safety is working in North Richmond, a tiny, mostly unincorporated community known for pronounced poverty and high crime, as part of a new operation aimed at reducing crime over the notoriously violent summer months.

Three homicides have occurred in the one-square mile, 4,000-resident community this year, but none since ONS touched down here on June 1. Over the past decade, North Richmond has averaged around five homicides annually, a per-capita rate far higher than that of the city of Richmond.

It’s against this backdrop that James has grown up, in one of the toughest neighborhoods anywhere. His mother died of luekemia when he was 3, and his father lives in Oakland. James is being raised by his grandmother, Evon Stevenson.

Reaction Score
I thought Carrigan was this weekend and Akinjo next.

Not to derail this thread, but I believe that was the original plan. Obviously we know Akinjo has now moved up a week, the question is what's the deal with Carrigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom