James Akinjo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Momentum shifts so swiftly in the sport of basketball

Reaction Score
Not to derail this thread, but I believe that was the original plan. Obviously we know Akinjo has now moved up a week, the question is what's the deal with Carrigan.

Yeah I feel like we've heard nothing on Carrigan for months

Reaction Score
Yeah I feel like we've heard nothing on Carrigan for months

I wouldn't view it as a negative against UConn, because having followed him since he visited and was offered, nothing has happened. I know this is a Akinjo thread but indulge me for a moment:

• Received offer sometime in late June
  • Visited UConn unofficially June 29
  • Announced official visit to Houston starting Sept. 23 posted on June 30
  • That tweet above of an official to UConn on Sept 8 posted on July 2
  • Killings watching Carrigan on July 14
  • Offered by Syracuse, Texas, Clemson on July 15
  • Top 8 list released August 1st
...and that's it, nothing of note has been heard since.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't view it as a negative against UConn, because having followed him since he visited and was offered, nothing has happened. I know this is a Akinjo thread but indulge me for a moment:

• Received offer sometime in late June
  • Visited UConn unofficially June 29
  • Announced official visit to Houston starting Sept. 23 posted on June 30
  • That tweet above of an official to UConn on Sept 8 posted on July 2
  • Killings watching Carrigan on July 14
  • Offered by Syracuse, Texas, Clemson on July 15
  • Top 8 list released August 1st
...and that's it, nothing of note has been heard since.
Yeah no I was just wondering why it's so quiet on him in general, not just on our front.

Reaction Score
The buzz I am hearing is the he will most likely commit to uconn by the end of the weekend or Monday. The staff is pushing hard. Could be double good also

Why Carrigan or Carey?

Reaction Score
Let's get this kid. It's obvious he wants to be here. We are gonna need guards next year too.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
If we get Akinjo, I will be ecstatic with how this off season has turned around

Reaction Score
Good god I love a slightly undersized guard with swagger, attitude, skills of course, oh and balls the size of grapefruits for taking the big shot in the big moment.

Would love for us to lock this kid up, close the deal Huskies!!!

Wordbomar

Reaction Score
The buzz I am hearing is the he will most likely commit to uconn by the end of the weekend or Monday. The staff is pushing hard. Could be double good also

So Carrigan is for sure coming this weekend???

Reaction Score
would be nice to get frontcourt guy Carrigan along with either of the PGs Akinjo, Carey, or Nembhard... any of those 3 and that big I'd be comfortable with.

Reaction Score
If we get Akinjo, do we stop recruiting Carey and Nembhard? Or are we trying to get 2 guards and a big (think we already have our wing now since we ended up with Sid)?

Reaction Score
A month or so ago seemed like just about the darkest time in UConn basketball that I can remember. Now we have Sid on board and might get commitments from Akinjo and Carrigan soon? I'm managing my expectations but if that all comes to pass it will be truly incredible seeing how things were trending. What changed?

Wordbomar

Reaction Score
If we get Akinjo, do we stop recruiting Carey and Nembhard? Or are we trying to get 2 guards and a big (think we already have our wing now since we ended up with Sid)?

I would guess if we landed Akinjo, we may stop with Nembhard but not Carey. Just a guess

Reaction Score
I would guess if we landed Akinjo, we may stop with Nembhard but not Carey. Just a guess
Think we want one of Nembhard or Carey if we get Akinjo; likely whoever commits first

Reaction Score
A month or so ago seemed like just about the darkest time in UConn basketball that I can remember. Now we have Sid on board and might get commitments from Akinjo and Carrigan soon? I'm managing my expectations but if that all comes to pass it will be truly incredible seeing how things were trending. What changed?
Things changed long before any of this good news started to trickle out. It just takes a little time for change to take effect

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
KO wants to stick with the 2 PG system, and definitely intends on adding 2 in this class.

We were all but out on Carey but the visit was awesome and we're firmly back in the mix. That's what I've heard, but personally I'm weary that we couldn't get him to cut the Cuse visit. Still, I believe Gilbert took another visit before committing to us, so plenty of hope remains.

Reaction Score
won;t stop w/. recruiting Carey he is #1

Hypothetically if we land Akinjo and Carrigan this weekend then there's no more open scholarships for next year I believe. While I understand Adams and/or Larrier may leave and there's always a possibility of transfers you can't give what you currently don't have so how do we continue to recruit Carey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom