James Akinjo | Page 7 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To me Akinjo is the biggest priority in the class. Get him and Carey is just gravy. We need a proven 4 star big next, as I personally think Adams and Gilbert will still be around next year and all our bigs are projects. Getting Sid to replace Larrier on the wing was huge.
From the little I've seen of Carey he looks more like a 2 than a PG and that is fine but given the choice I'd take Akinjo. We can never have too many scoring ball handlers.

Reaction Score
From the little I've seen of Carey he looks more like a 2 than a PG and that is fine but given the choice I'd take Akinjo. We can never have too many scoring ball handlers.

I really like Carey's ability also and his size, a little longer. In other words let's settle for both, would be huge.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wanna see Jalen DEMAND the dominant leadership role on this team. No more screwing around, lock in on defense, be vocal, show maturity, manage game clock, go 0ut and make 1st team AAC, and lead us back to the tournament where we belong.

Expecting a major leap in his defensive intensity...something Kemba/Boat/Bazz all showed when the team was theirs. Jalen, Al, CV & Antwoine should all be super aggressive ball hawks feeding off one another's defensive intensity. Get into the other guards, wreak havoc and create far more turnovers from last year with high pressure.

End of the day all starts with Jalen. Go out and lead your team by example. You have the players this time barring no injuries, no more bum ankle, no more excuses. Go make 1st team all AAC, get us to the tourney, become a lottery pick. All there for the taking.

At this point in his "career", JA needs to be the one to decide if he is going to take the reins of the team and lead. While I haven't heard anything, I am hoping he used the off season to work on his outside shooting stroke, esp. long range for we all saw that his midrange game really improved last year. IF he plays consistently like he did in Hawaii, JA and UConn will reach great heights this season.

C

Chief00

At this point in his "career", JA needs to be the one to decide if he is going to take the reins of the team and lead. While I haven't heard anything, I am hoping he used the off season to work on his outside shooting stroke, esp. long range for we all saw that his midrange game really improved last year. IF he plays consistently like he did in Hawaii, JA and UConn will reach great heights this season.

Agree, leadership can only be taught so much - at the end of the day it has to be generated internally.

C

Chief00

I think that's one thing that Ollie has over a lot of coaches, his youth. He can relate to these kids, play against them on the court, and then still be a father figure/coach to them. He should really utilize this a lot more ( he probably does)

True to some extent, but 3 point shooting was never his strong point as a player.

Reaction Score
I really like Carey's ability also and his size, a little longer. In other words let's settle for both, would be huge.
We wont get both, Akinjo commits Careys gone if not gone already

Reaction Score

Very good point on the importance of improving his 3 pt shot. Again, something both Kemba and Bazz significantly improved on by their final season. Need it to keep defenses honest, guessing, and off balance when driving hard to the hoop.

Reaction Score
I wanna see Jalen DEMAND the dominant leadership role on this team. No more screwing around, lock in on defense, be vocal, show maturity, manage game clock, go 0ut and make 1st team AAC, and lead us back to the tournament where we belong.

Expecting a major leap in his defensive intensity...something Kemba/Boat/Bazz all showed when the team was theirs. Jalen, Al, CV & Antwoine should all be super aggressive ball hawks feeding off one another's defensive intensity. Get into the other guards, wreak havoc and create far more turnovers from last year with high pressure.

End of the day all starts with Jalen. Go out and lead your team by example. You have the players this time barring no injuries, no more bum ankle, no more excuses. Go make 1st team all AAC, get us to the tourney, become a lottery pick. All there for the taking.

Only problem with this is that we dont have a rim protector down low any more, so gambles on the perimeter will become layups more often.

I could see ollie calling for a more sagging half court d, and using our athleticism (particularly if sid is eligibe) to wear teams down with a soft press.

If jalen develops a 3 point shot and a semblance of a left hand hes an nba all star. Calling it now

Reaction Score
Only problem with this is that we dont have a rim protector down low any more, so gambles on the perimeter will become layups more often.

I could see ollie calling for a more sagging half court d, and using our athleticism (particularly if sid is eligibe) to wear teams down with a soft press.

If jalen develops a 3 point shot and a semblance of a left hand hes an nba all star. Calling it now

I wouldn't sleep on Onuorah as a rim protector. Has the experience, length and athleticism to get 2 a game; along with changing a lot of shots.

I wanna see the same defense Boat & Bazz showed in the final four out of Jalen & Al this season

Reaction Score
I wouldn't sleep on Onuorah as a rim protector. Has the experience, length and athleticism to get 2 a game; along with changing a lot of shots.

I wanna see the same defense Boat & Bazz showed in the final four out of Jalen & Al this season

I would definitely sleep on onourah. He has shown nothing at an ivy leagur level. You sleep on youth if anything--so maybe carlton.

Good defense can be very different looking than the 2014 championship d did. Sagging defense, targeted ball pressure, and playing passing lanes is a better bet for this team, imo.

Vital is a good example. Last uear he was not great on-ball, but played passing lanes and help very well.

Reaction Score
Fwiw the party CV, Kwintin, and James are at looks amazing. I wish I knew where it was!!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom