Jalen - wheres the urgency | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen - wheres the urgency

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't leave. But Jalen is struggling far more than Shabazz as a senior ever did.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Jalen is Jalen, not anyone else. And no one should be holding their breath waiting for him to be anyone else.

Nor should his shortcomings be blamed on his prior coach. He has to own who he is.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lessee if I have this right..the preseason pick for AAC POY is never good enuff for the folks on this board.. well, he who laughs last, laughs best. at this time next year, when Jalen is getting major coin to ball in the nba, im guessin he will be chuckling pretty good as he deposits his check in the bank. JA, most of us husky fans are with you and our team, so don't waste one minute on the haters, who spend most of their time walking their cats, on a leash.
gee, too bad we only won by double digits and not triple digits...musta' been Jalen's fault.

Reaction Score
lessee if I have this right..the preseason pick for AAC POY is never good enuff for the folks on this board.. well, he who laughs last, laughs best. at this time next year, when Jalen is getting major coin to ball in the nba, im guessin he will be chuckling pretty good as he deposits his check in the bank. JA, most of us husky fans are with you and our team, so don't waste one minute on the haters, who spend most of their time walking their cats, on a leash.
gee, too bad we only won by double digits and not triple digits...musta' been Jalen's fault.

Go back to the cuse board.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley said it all in the post game interview with the SNY girl. “We need Jalen to play better. This far into his UConn career he should be mentally tougher”

He won’t ever get it I’m afraid.

That team last night will lose to Nova by 25 or more. Maybe Drexel.
Like almost all our OOC opponents, Drexel is horrible. They won't lose to them.

But every team in the AAC is better than pretty much all of our OOC opponents...

Reaction Score
Jalen loves uconn and is a nice kid. Would love if he used all this criticism over his focus as fuel. Rev up that motor on the court to show smooth criminal he’s an idiot. Coach Hurley and I have similar styles - push buttons to extract the best. Big things ahead

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Like almost all our OOC opponents, Drexel is horrible. They won't lose to them.

But every team in the AAC is better than pretty much all of our OOC opponents...

Yeah agree tzz even a couple of the teams we’d believe to have 2 wins against in the league will be a tough out. Let’s be honest they lose to Nova 14-4 or better is what it will take out if this league like it or not. I love (besides last night) that they compete and play harder but the best we get from this team is 11-7 and that will be a tremendous leap.

People haven’t improved that would have impacted those numbers it’s simple. There’s time left but it’s doubtful.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Well, Halen played much better in the preseason.

Reaction Score
Jalen is not done having standout performances this season but we need him to bring it most every game and he disappears a lot. It’s concerning to see him throw the ball to defenders several times in a row as a walk on would do. Guess we should zip it and wave the pom poms. One thing is that Jalen does not have napier’s surrounding cast. Napier a much smarter player.

Reaction Score
Jalen is Jalen, not anyone else. And no one should be holding their breath waiting for him to be anyone else.

Nor should his shortcomings be blamed on his prior coach. He has to own who he is.

It's both. A better coach would have held him to higher standards and not let him coast. That said, he's clearly never had that internal motivation that great players need. Waste of a career all around.

Reaction Score
It's both. A better coach would have held him to higher standards and not let him coast. That said, he's clearly never had that internal motivation that great players need. Waste of a career all around.

It’s not both any more he has a good coach telling him what he needs to do. It’s all on him how his senior year goes from here on in. Is he coachable and does he want to get UConn back to where it belongs? We’ve heard that he does.....We will see.

Reaction Score
Jalen attempted 4 shots last night in 22 minutes. I wouldnt say that hes playing poorly. Its more that he lacks the intensity. Im not saying Jalen is on the same level as Kemba or Shabazz, but could you ever imagine if they only attempted only 4 field goals at any point in 2011 or 2014? I obviously dont remember the box scores off the top of my head, but did they ever have games with Jalens stat sheet last night? I highly doubt it

Reaction Score
Let me get in on this. Jalen is supposed to be our best player but surprisingly he’s never the best player on the floor. Usually some opponent or teammate outplays him. I’m not saying he hasn’t had some really good performances but I think most of us expected him to have games where her completely denominated from start to finish.

Reaction Score
Let me get in on this. Jalen is supposed to be our best player but surprisingly he’s never the best player on the floor. Usually some opponent or teammate outplays him. I’m not saying he hasn’t had some really good performances but I think most of us expected him to have games where her completely denominated from start to finish.

And dominated too! ;)

That's pretty much it because we have seen it and the expectations are with Dan as his mentor it would all come together.

Reaction Score
Jalen is Jalen. We all know what he brings. It's limited, but also extremely important. These conversations were old 2 years ago.

Of course they were but why wouldn't you expect a change 3 years later? New coach, new mission and focus and he's worst? Yeah it looks like Jalen is Jalen as you say but it shouldn't be that way if he cares about basketball and his team.

Reaction Score
Of course they were but why wouldn't you expect a change 3 years later? New coach, new mission and focus and he's worst? Yeah it looks like Jalen is Jalen as you say but it shouldn't be that way if he cares about basketball and his team.

I expected him to have a change. Didn't happen, oh well. I'm just not a fan of the disparaging comments.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I expected him to have a change. Didn't happen, oh well. I'm just not a fan of the disparaging comments.

Get used to them - they’ll still be coming well into the 2020s.

Reaction Score
There are times during the game when Jalen looks like he just does not really care. 3/4's effort is OK with him. I can see him on the bench if he continues to do the stuff he did against Manhattan and it won't be because Smith is better. At this point it is on him. Hurley can only provide so much guidance and coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom