Jalen - wheres the urgency | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jalen - wheres the urgency

Reaction Score
Neither is "head coaches make no difference in a player's development" Mau. Do you think Jalen would be a better player if he played four years under Jim Calhoun?
Maybe, if he stayed four years.

Reaction Score
I’ll tell you right now if you try to reign in Christian we’re done. He is the heart of the team.

Won’t happen. Coaches love guys like that as long as you don’t have a whole team of them.

One time I heard a coach ask a kid’s aau coach what the kid is like. The aau coach said he’s a nice, humble kid. The college coach said “we already have a lot of nice, humble kids. I need an a**hole that wants to rip someone’s heart out”

Now CV is not a jerk but he plays and practices with an extreme aggression and desire that Hurley, KO, and every other coach that has had CV absolutely loves.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. Coaching matters and great coaches develop their players. That was where I think KO had his biggest blind spot. He treated these guys like pros. ("Coach, what do I need to do in the off season?" "Get in the gym.") They aren't they are kids. Really think you a few others are undervaluing the coaches role in developing his players.

We’re not close on this I admit. And if coaching mattered he wouldn’t be throwing passes away, trying to dribble through double teams like possessions didn’t matter. He’s handling the ball a lot less and turning it over more based on that. His coach is not teaching him that and it’s not a “ habit” anymore it’s either a kid who doesn’t get it or he’s uncoachable.

Still time but not looking promising.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You can be assured that Hurley recruits will he gym rats who loves pending their free time on the court practicing.

Jalen isn't that kind of player.

Reaction Score
We’re not close on this I admit. And if coaching mattered he wouldn’t be throwing passes away, trying to dribble through double teams like possessions didn’t matter. He’s handling the ball a lot less and turning it over more based on that. His coach is not teaching him that and it’s not a “ habit” anymore it’s either a kid who doesn’t get it or he’s uncoachable.

None of his recruits really improved though, not just Jalen. There was a theme.

Reaction Score
None of his recruits really improved though, not just Jalen. There was a theme.

The reason i mentioned bad recruiting because we know players did get better that weren’t his recruits. We know Bazz, Boat, Niels, Deandre did get better under his coaching.

Some people like to think he never coached I guess, that’s ridiculous. Wasn’t even a great team he won a NC with so what we need to do is quit blaming crappy basketball players this year on him.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Coaching isn't magic. Hiring a new coach doesn't instantly change the players. I can't believe he is uncoachable but improvement takes time. For example, Purvis, another guy who "didn't get it" is playing far better now. I'm sure we both can agree that we hope it clicks for Jalen this year. It's good for him and it's good for the team if that happens.

Reaction Score
I’ll just leave this here

Attachments

• 45E20EBE-DF06-46CF-88ED-72C246FCCCAB.png
    45E20EBE-DF06-46CF-88ED-72C246FCCCAB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Reaction Score
There was a time where he would carry the team on his back and put up big numbers. He looks disinterested. If you include his turnovers and lack of defense, he may be the 4th best guard out there now. I know he has the talent, but he disappears far too often.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll just leave this here

To be fair, there aren't exactly guys that can cut the players hair in storrs. Well except dan brocke, lol. I imagine they must have to wait till their home or go to manchester/hartford?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom