Jalen - wheres the urgency | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen - wheres the urgency

Reaction Score
People blaming jalens performance tonight on some mysterious illness will go down as one of the most embarrassing boneyard moments of all time. Far wiser to point to pregame fashion shows and straw polling.

It’s ok to admit underperformance and lack of focus! Those who take ownership are strongest!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
People blaming jalens performance tonight on some mysterious illness will go down as one of the most embarrassing boneyard moments of all time. Far wiser to point to pregame fashion shows and straw polling.

It’s ok to admit underperformance and lack of focus! Those who take ownership are strongest!

Okay, friend.

Reaction Score
Yes, refraining from posting a selfie would have measurably affected his performance on the court. Right on.

It sure seems something's not right with him this year. Maybe his head's not in the game and he doesn't care about basketball as much as most of us believe he should to make us happy.

Reaction Score
Jalen looked terrible tonight. If there were other factors I'm sure we'll hear about them in the coming days. But the team was hasn't started clicking in general. Bad decisions, poor flow.

I know it's pure speculation but we keep hearing about the gameday "practices" and I wonder whether the emphasis on these is taking some focus away from certain games. That and exam week. Seems like a lot to digest mentally and physically.

Reaction Score
Jalen looked terrible tonight. If there were other factors I'm sure we'll hear about them in the coming days. But the team was hasn't started clicking in general. Bad decisions, poor flow.

I know it's pure speculation but we keep hearing about the gameday "practices" and I wonder whether the emphasis on these is taking some focus away from certain games. That and exam week. Seems like a lot to digest mentally and physically.

They supposedly had a tough two hour practice in the morning. The announcers joked it felt more like 3 hours.

Reaction Score
Jalen was awful tonight, is in no way an NBA player, and is not up there with the great UConn point guards. With that said, literally has nothing to do with him posting a selfie with a headband/wearing a headband.

Reaction Score
He wants to play in Madrid or Sydney. At best. He isn't sniffing the NBA

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley said it all in the post game interview with the SNY girl. “We need Jalen to play better. This far into his UConn career he should be mentally tougher”

He won’t ever get it I’m afraid.

That team last night will lose to Nova by 25 or more. Maybe Drexel.

Reaction Score
Jalen doesn't have the it factor... no killer instinct at all and he's not in good shape.
always winded and never focused.

Reaction Score
Jalen was terrible. He hasn’t really been good yet this yr. He’s been the third best guard imo. Rique and CV have been more impactful. Jalen needs to come up a couple of levels or conference play is going to be rough
Gilbert and CV have played closer to their respective expectations than Jalen has, but by no means have they been better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I love Jalen. Has kinda that Rudy gay feel where you just know you could squeeze so much more out of that Orange. But I’m excited to see when hurley brings in those guys that buy in from day one. That’s where we will see the progress. Jalen has been a great husky for sticking around and not transferring but I’m not gunna miss the frustration

Rudy was consensus second team AA man. As a sophomore. Jalen ain't sniffing AA as a senior. Can't even remotely mention them in the same sentence.

Rudy's crime was being so smooth and athletic, that he made the game look easy.

I get everyone wanted him to be unanimous NPOY his sophomore year, but that's not realistic.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Rudy was consensus second team AA man. As a sophomore. Jalen ain't sniffing AA as a senior. Can't even remotely mention them in the same sentence.

Rudy's crime was being so smooth and athletic, that he made the game look easy.

I get everyone wanted him to be unanimous NPOY his sophomore year, but that's not realistic.

To be fair, nba scouts noticed it too. He went 9th in what was considered a fairly weak draft, especially at the top.

Reaction Score
The way Jalen plays is with bursts of that inner bulldog you need when trying to make buckets or stops. Problem is he doesn’t have it all the time like shabazz and boat had (who by the way worked very hard to get to the nba/ play oversees- boat). Jalen shows that toughness every now and again but needs to on every single play and take over some games. He was honestly dogging it during parts of the FSU game... I really do think half the time he cares more about his appearance and swag for the ladies and is super cocky for no reason. I’ll never understand him. Just not that prototype UConn guard.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jalen was terrible. He hasn’t really been good yet this yr. He’s been the third best guard imo. Rique and CV have been more impactful. Jalen needs to come up a couple of levels or conference play is going to be rough

Totally agree. I said it before, he played better as a soph. and as a junior.
I'm worried about him. He is really hurting his career, not doing much for the team either.

Reaction Score
Jalen has to make a mental decision whether he is full-in or not. My sense is he doesn’t buy into what Hurley is demanding. He desperately needs to learn and hone his skills if he wants to be NBA bound.

Reaction Score
I recall many games where Kemba would score 4 in the first half and end up over 20. Not that worried about slow first halves. Lazy passes and TOs are more concerning.

The 4-pt first half, 20-pt second half was Shabazz's stock in trade. Maybe Jalen would have shown up if his services had been required. Struck me that Jalen is unused to playing basketball at 8 o'clock on a Saturday night, and the later the hour got, the more his reflexes seemed to say, "Hey man, where are we?"

Reaction Score
im done with this board. im actually done. like no seriously, this time, im done.i remember napier had an awful game that one time against USF at home and we still won the national title that season. what is wrong with the people on here my god.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom