Jalen Gaffney Transferring | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t expect it to happen, but if a guy’s teammates will accept him back, I have no problem with a player exiting the portal and returning.

As for roster construction, I don’t mind an open spot for a mid-year addition. If a team ends up needing production from that 13th spot, it’s likely something has gone rather wrong with the season.

Reaction Score
I don’t expect it to happen, but if a guy’s teammates will accept him back, I have no problem with a player exiting the portal and returning.

As for roster construction, I don’t mind an open spot for a mid-year addition. If a team ends up needing production from that 13th spot, it’s likely something has gone rather wrong with the season.
agreed. we need 1 more rotation piece (castle?), 2 bench players (diarra/gaff? and?) and 1 open scholly for a midyear reclass RS

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Interesting, which sounds like you anticipate the team feeling 12 roster spots initially.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that was a tough one.

2011-2012 was not one of JC’s better efforts - he wasn’t healthy, the team had talent, but never really meshed particularly well and for some reason, Roscoe seemed to take the brunt of it. He was much better than Olander, but ended up splitting the position with him.
True about Jim Calhoun’s health that season and the NCAA related suspensions for Jim Calhoun and Ryan Boatright hurt the usual upward trajectory of a Calhoun team when combined with the health absences.

Reaction Score
Not a commitment (at least not yet) but glad to see he likely will get to continue his college career and finish his degree. Looks like FAU has lots of options already at PG but minimal experience at CG so he should get good run at 2 which better fits his skill set.

Reaction Score
Florida Atlantic was a surprisingly decent team last year in the C-USA, finishing 19-15 with a #129 KP rating.

In terms of fit, I kinda like it. There's not a ton of PT available, especially since they return two 29+ mpg guards, led by incoming junior Alijah Martin (13.9p, 5.3r, 40 3p%) who is a physical 6'2 210 bucket attacker. Frankie Vision did a profile on him a few weeks ago...would like to catch one of his games on TV next season. They also return starting PG Bryan Greenlee, who was originally playing at Minnesota.

One player who is likely leaving if senior guard Michael Forrest, who played 31 mpg last year and averaged 13.2p, 3a. If Gaffney joins FAU, he won't have the pressure to take over that spot, per se, but he will be a valuable member of the backcourt without needing to be "the man".

Considering their solid season last year, their improving recruiting (incoming freshman Brenan Lorient is their top rated recruit ever) and their retention of some of their best players, FAU was on my radar anyways, but adding Gaffney will definitely tune me in to a few of their games.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Florida Atlantic was a surprisingly decent team last year in the C-USA, finishing 19-15 with a #129 KP rating.

In terms of fit, I kinda like it. There's not a ton of PT available, especially since they return two 29+ mpg guards, led by incoming junior Alijah Martin (13.9p, 5.3r, 40 3p%) who is a physical 6'2 210 bucket attacker. Frankie Vision did a profile on him a few weeks ago...would like to catch one of his games on TV next season. They also return starting PG Bryan Greenlee, who was originally playing at Minnesota.

One player who is likely leaving if senior guard Michael Forrest, who played 31 mpg last year and averaged 13.2p, 3a. If Gaffney joins FAU, he won't have the pressure to take over that spot, per se, but he will be a valuable member of the backcourt without needing to be "the man".

Considering their solid season last year, their improving recruiting (incoming freshman Brenan Lorient is their top rated recruit ever) and their retention of some of their best players, FAU was on my radar anyways, but adding Gaffney will definitely tune me in to a few of their games.
If I was a 21 year old male college student I’d sign up to go to Boca Raton. Easy decision.

Reaction Score
Not a commitment (at least not yet) but glad to see he likely will get to continue his college career and finish his degree. Looks like FAU has lots of options already at PG but minimal experience at CG so he should get good run at 2 which better fits his skill set.

Is that account supposed to be funny? I find it cringeworthy that people think it’s actually called University of UConn lol…

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Does anyone know if he graduated? Because, if he didn’t, trading a UConn diploma for Florida Atlantic is a really bad move. He should be past thinking he has a pro career ahead. Some of these kids need better advice.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he graduated? Because, if he didn’t, trading a UConn diploma for Florida Atlantic is a really bad move. He should be past thinking he has a pro career ahead. Some of these kids need better advice.
Carwash coworker's sister says he's not going to FAU...

Reaction Score
My lasting memory of Roscoe was the 3/4 court heave with around 11 seconds left. I wax still sorry he left.

I may be crazy, but I have a memory of him doing that again, albeit with a little less time, but still an unnecessary heave. Anyone else remember this?

Reaction Score
Yup. Did it again in the tournament vs Iowa State. Lamb’s frustrated expression was priceless.

Funniest thing about this is how Calhoun yanks him w/ like 2 seconds to go in the half

Reaction Score
He will not be attending FAU, my understanding is he was doing a past coach a favor by checking it out.

He has made a decision, my co worker is checking with her sister if she can tell me. (Sister dates Gaff)
While we wait for Scooty's cousin's friend's coworker's sister's dad's intel on final word I can keep you updated with what i know. I got word from 'someone close to gaffney' that his top 5 choices are

FGCU
USF
St. Joseph's
Hofstra
Robert Morris

Looking to make his final decision by May 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom