Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We're reportedly in on Jones, and are his "dream school."

I'm not certain we've made an official offer to him. Maybe 3, 99 or Zion can clarify.

Great work from the original poster, by the way. Now get to a St. Thomas More game and tell us how Enoch's doing!

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tyrique-jones

None yet, but once the offer does come in, I like our chances a lot. Cincy, Providence, K-State? Bring 'em on.

Reaction Score
Eh don't count the chickens before the hatcheroo.

It's just as likely you look back 3 years from now wondering how none panned out.

Jalen Adams is a can't miss prospect. He will be great, even as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Eh don't count the chickens before the hatcheroo.

It's just as likely you look back 3 years from now wondering how none panned out.

I'm guessing that it's a lot more likely that 3 top 30 recruits "pan out" rather than become busts in college.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that it's a lot more likely that 3 top 30 recruits "pan out" rather than become busts in college.

Well that depends on 'pans out' doesn't it?

The chances all three pan out versus all three bust? Probably a toss up and both longshots.

For any three top 30 prospects it's probably something close to:

10% all three are good
55% two are good
25% one is good
10% none are good

Reaction Score
Well that depends on 'pans out' doesn't it?

The chances all three pan out versus all three bust? Probably a toss up and both longshots.

For any three top 30 prospects it's probably something close to:

10% all three are good
55% two are good
25% one is good
10% none are good

I actually bought this initially but then I took a quick glance at the RSCI recruiting rankings. There have been basically 3 guys since 2007 that were top 30 guards who didn't turn into very good college players (Trey Zeigler, Dominic Cheek and Wayne Blackshear) and even those guys are solid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I actually bought this initially but then I took a quick glance at the RSCI recruiting rankings. There have been basically 2 guys since 2007 that were top 30 guards who didn't turn into very good college players (Trey Zeigler and Wayne Blackshear) and even those guys are solid.

It comes down to how you define things.

They certainly don't all live up to the rankings.

If you define panning out to be living up to the hype it's different than saying say Purvis is a good college player.

Reaction Score
It comes down to how you define things.

They certainly don't all live up to the rankings.

If you define panning out to be living up to the hype it's different than saying say Purvis is a good college player.

This is true, and I think we are on the same page for the most part. I disagree with the word bust, and that's it, I think. FWIW, Purvis (currently) looks to be one of the more underwhelming top 30 guards IMO and I think he is going to end up with a helluva college career.

Reaction Score
as was pointed out after a brief look in to the boyzgirlz preseason exhibition at gampel; purv did not possess any vibe for hoops, he could make money sundaze by beginning to get foots wet in fiascos system on grid; purv with very limited game as was easily observed that fateful gamester of dee s e x e x

luckskee for moi; i neverever depend on olywould to scout for moi wit his ferrari jive bull crud evals

Reaction Score
Thank you for providing the last name for Tyrique Jones. I described him as a 'gamer' because I couldn't put my mind around a good description. It's interesting a previous poster said Cincinnati was on his list. That is a perfect description for everybody. A 6'7ish big like Cinci players have been. Hardnosed, no give, an opportunity scorer, but his team might be a collection of these guys that score 55 pts and need to hold you to less to win.

And the comment about top 30 backcourts was meant to give you an impression, not a proposed fact that needs to be resolved. The kids are good, and fast, and anybody would want them on their teams, as shown by who they have committed to.

Reaction Score
I hope so because he is going to have to start from day 1 and run the team; a lot of responsibility for a freshman. BTW, I'm told he is a great kid and a good student.
Agree 100%. I hate to say this for a freshman, but if Adams isn't the PG from day one, then next year will be real tough. I don't feel confident that Samuels can be a starting PG, and unfortunately Cassell Jr. hasn't shown any real handle yet either. It will be interesting to see if Daniel Hamilton takes on a bit of point-forward role if Adams needs a breather. I'm curious to see if UConn tries it this year to spell Boatright for a bit.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. I hate to say this for a freshman, but if Adams isn't the PG from day one, then next year will be real tough. I don't feel confident that Samuels can be a starting PG, and unfortunately Cassell Jr. hasn't shown any real handle yet either. It will be interesting to see if Daniel Hamilton takes on a bit of point-forward role if Adams needs a breather. I'm curious to see if UConn tries it this year to spell Boatright for a bit.
TSam is a role player and important to this team but agree, if he has to start and play starters minutes, we are probably screwed. Many here thought Purvis could play PG, he can't. Hamilton is interesting because he has skills and is still developing and maybe he can evolve into a ball handler. Sam Jr.could end up doing ok with the ball. He has at least as good a handle as Tsam and is a better passer IMO. Sam's problem is he kills us on D. Whatever happens, we can expect to see a lot of Adams.

Reaction Score
DHam needs to improve his decision making a ton, but if that happens I could definitely see KO using him in a Brandon Roy/Steve Smith type role in the halfcourt. Boat is without a doubt our PG and the best one on the team, but DHam is the best natural passer and has the best vision imo. I expect Adams to come in and start but it might be asking too much to be the primary creator/ballhandler from day 1.

Reaction Score
SonofSam seems out of shape. If he gets his quicks up by next year he might be an efective point.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think because he goes to prep school. Not sure
So does Enoch. I don't get it. I thought I heard something about him having graduated and received a degree from Cushing and is at Brewster for like a "prep" year. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Reaction Score
So does Enoch. I don't get it. I thought I heard something about him having graduated and received a degree from Cushing and is at Brewster for like a "prep" year. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

That is the reason, not eligible

Reaction Score
From Dave Borges of the Register:

Steve Enoch a McDonald's All-America nominee

Here's the full list of McDonald's AA nominees, which includes a few UConn targets. No Jalen Adams, you ask? That's because he's a postgrad student up at Brewster Academy.

As someone mentioned above, post graduates are not eligible. He could have been nominated last year, which was his senior year in high school. This is the same reason Caron Butler was not a McDonald's AA either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom