Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I feel like getting a celebratory pizza !!! Is the Red Tomato in Guilford any good?

Reaction Score
To celebrate I think I will go watch him play this weekend at the New Hampshire Prep Classic!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The future gawd. Welcome aboard!

Reaction Score
No matter what happens with all the Stone/Mack/Jones stuff, I won't be unhappy with this class simply because of Jalen Adams.

Not only do I think he's ridiculously underrated (even at ~#25), but his passion for UConn is off the charts. He's gonna be awesome in Ollie's system.

I have to come back to give you a like. Your post is golden. I cannot say it better than you.

JA signing IS bigger than whoever will come on board for '15 class, bar none.

When these days kids are apt to shun from competition, he is fully aware of logjam in guard position at UCONN, yet embracing it. This alone speak volumes about his character.

Won't it be epic/uncanny that UCONN has just got a turbo-charged ShabazzII?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams (22 pts) the MVP of the NH Prep School tournament. Brewster over Notre Dame Prep 75-72.

Reaction Score
I live in the Upper Valley of Vermont/NH. I saw that Brewster was coming to play in the Concord area I figured an hour drive is not to much to ask, why not go and check out the final of the Pembroke Classic and see Jalen Adams play. First let me mention that the team they played was quite impressive as well, with almost their whole team getting recruited by D1 schools. Though not as many, "Prestigious" schools as Brewster.

So here is Brewsters lineup
Jalen Adams, Uconn Commit. 6,2
Donovan Mitchell, Louisville Commit 6'3
David Crisp, Washington Commit 6,0
Justin Simon, Arizona Commit 6'5
Marcus Derrickson Georgetown Commit 6'8
Alex Illikainen, Wisconsin Commit 6'8
Jarred Reuter, Virginia Commit 6'8
5 other guys that did not play barely at all but would be superstars at any normal high school.

Walking into the gym was electric at warmups saw about 100 dunks in 5 minutes. Here is what I observed watching the game. With a lineup like that I did not know what to expect, I figured spread the wealth, I dunno. Anyway on that team of superstars Jalen Adams is the guy. Their offense runs through him. With the above lineup basically Simon seemed to play all game at the 3rd guard spot, Jalen played most of the game with 2 maybe 3 minute breaks one in each half. Crisp and Mitchell share the rest of the minutes at the other guard spot with Mitchell starting. The 3 big men share the two positions.

Having only seen some highlights of him I was not sure what to expect. What an incredible talent. Silky smooth effortless moves. Makes everything look so easy. Did not shoot particularly well from 3, hit one, took maybe 4 but he has a nice stroke and certainly is confident shooting. Nice stroke from the free throw line. I saw him dive on the floor, block shots from behind, get gritty rebounds, repeatedly break traps, wicked crossovers. He can score in a variety of ways, he had a beautiful floating runner, any number of angles on driving layups. On the break he is incredible to watch. So explosive, but so smooth at the same time and such a sure finisher. He was the leader from start to finish. With the game being close down the stretch he scored 6 points in the last 2 minutes or so and got a key steal and rebound. This is playing against a very talented team. I tried to shoot some videos and might have one or two of his nice drives. Also hes easily 6'2, next to simon he only looked a tiny bit shorter.

Some thoughts on the other Brewster players
David Crisp: Freakish athelete, not unlike Boat. In warmups he was doing 360 dunks and stuff like nothing and hes MAYBE 6 foot. Had a nice jumper and 3 point shot, never really saw him put that athleticism on display and take it inside
Justin Simon: I know Arizona gets elite athletes and he sure is one of those. Had like 3 dunks a few layups. Hes 6,5 but his wingspan is probably like 6'9. Did not see him shoot a jumpshot, and saw him miss several free throws...
Donovan Mitchell: I know hes maybe, "the one that got away" being from CT and all. Hes kind of the opposite of Adams, Strong guy. He had a few Bull drives through double teams with quick finishes. Did not see him shoot from outside. Hard to judge from one game but Adams at least seems much more versatile. Hes listed at 6'3 and did not appear taller than Adams.
The three big men. The Wisconsin guy was kind of Slight and needs to hit the weight room or he will get killed next year, he can shoot though, saw him hit a few nice jumpers. The Virginia guy was the most polished big man, big strong guy with good low post moves. But maybe not a huge upside. The Georgetown guy looked like he had the most upside. Not the most polished down low, but a huge guy, with soft hands, a good passer, and could really shoot.

I know lots of people go and watch Adams play and it was mentioned that he was the tourney mvp in the other thread but I had to share my experience. there is no way there are 25 guys better than him in the country, probably not 10 guys better. We have a star in the making.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the report!

I was going to crack that 25 percent shooting from three isn't going to cut it at this level (deliberately ignoring the small sample size), but figured the joke would be lost in translation.

Either way, it is very reassuring to know he has a leadership role and much of the offense runs through him. Didn't want him to be just a spoke in the wheel this year. Those other guys can be spokes.

Reaction Score
How did he look with his left hand (on the drive or finishing)??? Really looking forward to watching this kid at UConn.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
How did he look with his left hand (on the drive or finishing)??? Really looking forward to watching this kid at UConn.
Good question. That's the knock on Adams... that he doesn't have much of a left.

Reaction Score
It seemed like he was the only one Creating offense of the dribble. They would swing it around, if someone was open they might shoot it, or if the lane was their they would take it. But he was taking it to guys off the dribble. He likes to crossover and drive left. Looking at my videos and remembering one play he drives left quite a bit. He finished left a few times on drives and one spectacular move on the break. He pushed in traffic, went to full speed and when he hit traffic slowed down, they fell off then smoothly finished left. The thing you notice is how smooth he is and how easy he makes it look. As for his 3's, he shoots a jump shoot, has a good looking stroke and again seemed confident shooting them. The misses were all close, just weren't falling. He is a good passer too, had several assists. My videos are awful, MIGHT have one or two that are decent.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. If guard play wins national championships we should all be pretty calm now that we have Jalen regardless of how the rest of recruiting goes for next year. It's gonna be a year until most of us get eyeballs on him in games but I can't wait.

Reaction Score
I live in the Upper Valley of Vermont/NH. I saw that Brewster was coming to play in the Concord area I figured an hour drive is not to much to ask, why not go and check out the final of the Pembroke Classic and see Jalen Adams play. First let me mention that the team they played was quite impressive as well, with almost their whole team getting recruited by D1 schools. Though not as many, "Prestigious" schools as Brewster.

So here is Brewsters lineup
Jalen Adams, Uconn Commit. 6,2
Donovan Mitchell, Louisville Commit 6'3
David Crisp, Washington Commit 6,0
Justin Simon, Arizona Commit 6'5
Marcus Derrickson Georgetown Commit 6'8
Alex Illikainen, Wisconsin Commit 6'8
Jarred Reuter, Virginia Commit 6'8
5 other guys that did not play barely at all but would be superstars at any normal high school.

Walking into the gym was electric at warmups saw about 100 dunks in 5 minutes. Here is what I observed watching the game. With a lineup like that I did not know what to expect, I figured spread the wealth, I dunno. Anyway on that team of superstars Jalen Adams is the guy. Their offense runs through him. With the above lineup basically Simon seemed to play all game at the 3rd guard spot, Jalen played most of the game with 2 maybe 3 minute breaks one in each half. Crisp and Mitchell share the rest of the minutes at the other guard spot with Mitchell starting. The 3 big men share the two positions.

Having only seen some highlights of him I was not sure what to expect. What an incredible talent. Silky smooth effortless moves. Makes everything look so easy. Did not shoot particularly well from 3, hit one, took maybe 4 but he has a nice stroke and certainly is confident shooting. Nice stroke from the free throw line. I saw him dive on the floor, block shots from behind, get gritty rebounds, repeatedly break traps, wicked crossovers. He can score in a variety of ways, he had a beautiful floating runner, any number of angles on driving layups. On the break he is incredible to watch. So explosive, but so smooth at the same time and such a sure finisher. He was the leader from start to finish. With the game being close down the stretch he scored 6 points in the last 2 minutes or so and got a key steal and rebound. This is playing against a very talented team. I tried to shoot some videos and might have one or two of his nice drives. Also hes easily 6'2, next to simon he only looked a tiny bit shorter.

Some thoughts on the other Brewster players
David Crisp: Freakish athelete, not unlike Boat. In warmups he was doing 360 dunks and stuff like nothing and hes MAYBE 6 foot. Had a nice jumper and 3 point shot, never really saw him put that athleticism on display and take it inside
Justin Simon: I know Arizona gets elite athletes and he sure is one of those. Had like 3 dunks a few layups. Hes 6,5 but his wingspan is probably like 6'9. Did not see him shoot a jumpshot, and saw him miss several free throws...
Donovan Mitchell: I know hes maybe, "the one that got away" being from CT and all. Hes kind of the opposite of Adams, Strong guy. He had a few Bull drives through double teams with quick finishes. Did not see him shoot from outside. Hard to judge from one game but Adams at least seems much more versatile. Hes listed at 6'3 and did not appear taller than Adams.
The three big men. The Wisconsin guy was kind of Slight and needs to hit the weight room or he will get killed next year, he can shoot though, saw him hit a few nice jumpers. The Virginia guy was the most polished big man, big strong guy with good low post moves. But maybe not a huge upside. The Georgetown guy looked like he had the most upside. Not the most polished down low, but a huge guy, with soft hands, a good passer, and could really shoot.

I know lots of people go and watch Adams play and it was mentioned that he was the tourney mvp in the other thread but I had to share my experience. there is no way there are 25 guys better than him in the country, probably not 10 guys better. We have a star in the making.

I don't understand, I thought this recruiting class was doomed. smh

Reaction Score
Jay-Bone said:

It's not that it's doomed, it's more just that Adams is from only one state away, so he doesn't count as an actual recruit or anything. All we have to do is drive 100 miles, knock on his door, and of course he'll commit right then and there. You don't even need to stop for gas on the way back, for cripe's sake. Easy, peasy.

Now if you get on a plane and pull someone in from a Carolina or Dakota or somewhere - then you've got yourself a recruiting class.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm actually more shocked that there seem to be pretty good players on Brewster's roster that didn't commit to UCONN. What are they and their families thinking??? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom