Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing

Reaction Score
Benedict screwed up the buyout, but he did leave himself some wiggle room in the 'for cause' language. Would like this resolved quickly for optics sake more than anything. We'll see.
the optics don't matter anymore. we got basically no backlash for the firing and whatever the decision is, it'll be a blip on the radar. Edsall pulling the kids scholarship was more controversial than this

Reaction Score
Unless he indeed violated his contract, correct?

No one knows exactly what happened and I'm sure at some point we will find out. Everyone also knows that the head coach is responsible for anything the assistants do and that might be the cause being used against KO.

I'm just wondering if that's the case why KO legal team can't then use the excuse the AD is also at fault since he is the CEO of all the teams and coaches. If the AD and UConn want to be petty then I see no reason his defense shouldn't be also

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So it's Benedict's fault for signing the extension so he has to pay. But Ollie's not responsible for voiding his contract by breaking one of the clauses? I don't get the logic.

You're arguing with people who aren't convinced that Ollie violated the contract and are skeptical that cause exists. So there's your disconnect.

Reaction Score
So it's Benedict's fault for signing the extension so he has to pay. But Ollie's not responsible for voiding his contract by breaking one of the clauses? I don't get the logic.

Show me the clause he broke then we can talk about the buyout otherwise give him an offer and end it.

Reaction Score
Show me the clause he broke then we can talk about the buyout otherwise give him an offer and end it.
he was fired for cause. you're assuming that's a farce and that he didn't break any stipulations in his contract. prove he didn't violate a clause in his contract even though the only available information we have states that he did.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Everyone also knows that the head coach is responsible for anything the assistants do and that might be the cause being used against KO.

I'm just wondering if that's the case why KO legal team can't then use the excuse the AD is also at fault since he is the CEO of all the teams and coaches. If the AD and UConn want to be petty then I see no reason his defense shouldn't be also

Because that has nothing to do with KO's contract. Wouldn't matter if the AD was at fault as well. As long as KO (or one of his people) violated a rule, that's all that matters.

You can't pass the buck on your contract.

Reaction Score
no, Ollie played here so no matter what he did we should still pay him just because it's good for mau's feelings. that totally makes sense.

No a contract was signed and agreed. You don't try to weasel out of it when things go south. No one knows who big or small the "for cause" reason for firing is at this point

Reaction Score
No a contract was signed and agreed. You don't try to weasel out of it when things go south. No one knows who big or small the "for cause" reason for firing is at this point
You’re right. The contract was signed. And the contract is quite clear on this point. Cause is very liberally defined. Big or small is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
OMG. I don’t believe you guys are this dumb. If he VIOLATED his contract he isn’t OWED ANYTHING. You can’t just assume he didn’t. Which is what you are doing. They don’t have to tell you anything right now. If Ollie did the slightest thing to violate his contract they’d be idiots not to use it

Yeah we’re dumb lol.

Geez this place has so many persistent idiots it’s whacked.

Hope he gets nothing ......everyone happy?

Reaction Score
Granted, I haven't been following the Ollie saga closely, but this is news to me. What did he do?

(I know the university has claimed cause in firing him, but as far as I know there's been no determination that they're justified in that contention.)
Itd be legal malpractice to release such information before it has been settled

Reaction Score
Granted, I haven't been following the Ollie saga closely, but this is news to me. What did he do?

(I know the university has claimed cause in firing him, but as far as I know there's been no determination that they're justified in that contention.)

That’s all I’m asking and you’d think that a guy who knows all may let us know while he acts like an idiot.

Reaction Score
Exactly - Ollie shouldn’t be trying to weasel his full $10 million out of the school. It’s not like clicking on “I Agree” to the terms of your gmail service. This is an agreement between 2 sophisticated parties that probably each had $1,000/hr employment lawyers scrub every word. His side was dumb enough to agree to a very broad definition of cause that includes any violation of NCAA rules. Maybe he’ll win, maybe he’ll lose but he and his lawyers are not some hapless victims here.

Reaction Score
Itd be legal malpractice to release such information before it has been settled

No, that's not what malpractice means.

But are you saying that there has not actually been a determination that the university was justified in claiming they fired him for cause? I can't imagine that's the case, because then JMick wouldn't be insulting anyone who hasn't taken the university's side in this based on nothing more than their say-so.

Reaction Score
No, that's not what malpractice means.

But are you saying that there has not actually been a determination that the university was justified in claiming they fired him for cause? I can't imagine that's the case, because then JMick wouldn't be insulting anyone who hasn't taken the university's side in this based on nothing more than their say-so.
I think he insulting those shaming the University without knowledge. Saying things like Benedict screwed up the buyout is idiotic without actually knowing if he did. And if my lawyer released important information about my case while it was still being litigated, he’d be fired

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom