Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing | The Boneyard

Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing

Reaction Score
Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing

>>Former UConn men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie had his hearing with the school on April 12 to challenge the decision to fire him for just cause, sources confirmed Monday.

Information that led to Ollie’s March 10 termination already had been communicated to him, according to a source, and the evidence was laid out at the hearing. Ollie’s representatives, which include the school’s union, attended the hearing and now have a week to respond in writing.<<

9AF14BCE-086F-4F3F-B4A8-700BB6E3C8B0.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm guessing this is all about the money seeing he isn't getting his job back...

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean - guy's a great guy. You don't get paid over and over and over and over and over again for what you did.

You get paid for what you can keep doing, hopefully will do and can do - and right now he's not coaching, so.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Which is a better outcome for you as a UConn fan:
a. Kevin Ollie gets 10MM in his pocket?
b. UConn saves 10MM with which to invest in facilities, staff salaries, etc.?

This shouldn't be a controversial question.

I just don't think it's going to work that way. The program itself will be the same as far as financial inputs go, whether Kevin gets his money or not.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean - guy's a great guy. You don't get paid over and over and over and over and over again for what you did.

You get paid for what you can keep doing, hopefully will do and can do - and right now he's not coaching, so.

Well, really, you get paid what your contract says you get paid.

All that's left now is to work out the particulars.

Reaction Score
No one else hired Ollie. Didn't other programs have time to hire him?

Reaction Score
No one else hired Ollie. Didn't other programs have time to hire him?
I think, and I'm probably wrong, but since he's still being paid if he takes another job he'd forfeit his payout and or have to pay UConn

Reaction Score

UConn doesn't really save 10mil to invest in facilities, staff salaries, etc- the good thing is that whatever the University "saves" due to cause doesn't have to be paid out; whatever, if any, has to be paid out has to be found from somewhere so there would be an impact. So there is a savings but not one that makes more money available

Reaction Score
I think, and I'm probably wrong, but since he's still being paid if he takes another job he'd forfeit his payout and or have to pay UConn

This would all be determined by contract language and/or whateveer is negotiated if there turns out to be a negotiated settlement.

Reaction Score
I love UConn. But this is gross. You signed a contract. This isn't why you fired him.

Pay That Man His Money.

Thanks is all.

I highly, highly doubt Herbst and Benedict would fire him for 'just cause' just because they don't want to pay him. They must know more than we know. A contract is a contract. If they wanted to fire him solely because he stunk, he would've been paid still. Herbst and Benedict know something we don't.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Former and the latter. Just saying but then again I pay taxes in Florida (you did ask me as a fan)

Reaction Score

I'd be happy with a negotiation where both sides win. KO brought us a National Championship and no one can take that away from him. Things didn't work out but an amicable deal where both side shake hands works for me. This is a business but KO is also family.

Reaction Score

It’s not controversial at all, Benedict screwed up now pay the man. Not saying he deserves a whole lot but it’s a contract and he’s a Husky make an offer and let’s move on. Anyone hoping he gets nothing is just lame to me that’s all.

Reaction Score
It’s not controversial at all, Benedict screwed up now pay the man. Not saying he deserves a whole lot but it’s a contract and he’s a Husky make an offer and let’s move on. Anyone hoping he gets nothing is just lame to me that’s all.
what did Benedict screw up?

Reaction Score
Unless he indeed violated his contract, correct?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom