Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
2.gif

Reaction Score
lol you're the one making the claim that Ollie didn't do anything wrong and presenting it as a fact

Don’t believe I ever stated he didn’t do anything wrong but feel free to find it. Just waiting to hear what it is because Lord knows you must know acting all holier than thou.

Reaction Score
No, that's not what malpractice means.

But are you saying that there has not actually been a determination that the university was justified in claiming they fired him for cause? I can't imagine that's the case, because then JMick wouldn't be insulting anyone who hasn't taken the university's side in this based on nothing more than their say-so.
I'm calling out how preposterous it is to blindly assume that Benedict, Herbst, and the University all got together and decided to lie about Kevin Ollie violating his contract. Mau is actively rooting against UConn for the sake of Kevin Ollie and refuses to place any blame on him for the current predicament.

Reaction Score
I'm calling out how preposterous it is to blindly assume that Benedict, Herbst, and the University all got together and decided to lie about Kevin Ollie violating his contract. Mau is actively rooting against UConn for the sake of Kevin Ollie and refuses to place any blame on him for the current predicament.

So inaccurate but you’re a gem, heck UCDaveD “likes” your posts and that’s impressive. :rolleyes:Keep putting words into my posts Mick you’re on a roll.

Reaction Score
OMG. I don’t believe you guys are this dumb. If he VIOLATED his contract he isn’t OWED ANYTHING. You can’t just assume he didn’t. Which is what you are doing. They don’t have to tell you anything right now. If Ollie did the slightest thing to violate his contract they’d be idiots not to use it

I think the union, lawyers and board are more qualified to make those decisions than a message board poster assuming he is owed nothing

Reaction Score
So inaccurate but you’re a gem, heck UCDaveD “likes” your posts and that’s impressive. :rolleyes:Keep putting words into my posts Mick you’re on a roll.
Go to sleep, bud.

Reaction Score
Yall some haters just pay the man his money. The man came back and won his alma mater a chip, give him his $10 mill and hopefully in 3 years he can be sitting courtside at the national championship game decked out in UConn gear chearing for his team. He still gave so much to this program yet all yall wanna do is hate.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
FO Mick you are a fn joke seriously. Where do you get the nerve to act like you’re someone?
I got the joke on ignore - can't imagine what idiocy he is still spewing - I hate ignoring folks but some I just have to
Let's just allow this whole KO issue lie until it's over or better yet, forever. All these threads lead to a needless pile-on
The guy won a NC, he played for UConn, was a huge ambassador for the program while trudging through the minor leagues and the pros, served ably as an AC, and lastly, he fizzled out in the end by using terrible judgment in the recruiting area that hurt the program. But the guy is not a felon, child molester or even a mean spirited person.
He received what he sowed - he is no longer doing the one thing he loved the most and for a measurable part - it was his doing
I know KO and I know, to a reasonable extent, how he feels about this process
UConn has a new coach , going in a new direction and hopefully Coach DH will succeed. The program needed a shot in the arm and the administration did what it had to do. I respect their decision and as a longtime loyal fan and donor I pray there are fans in the seats and the team is competitive and wins.
KO deserves his hearing and his voice - he will get it and I hope it turns out as well as can be expected for both parties
ONWARD...............................

Reaction Score
Yall some haters just pay the man his money. The man came back and won his alma mater a chip, give him his $10 mill and hopefully in 3 years he can be sitting courtside at the national championship game decked out in UConn gear chearing for his team. He still gave so much to this program yet all yall wanna do is hate.
So to be clear, even if he violated his contract, you want to pay him?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
obviously that is up for interpretation. Otherwise, who needs lawyers

That's what I was implying with the second sentence. Working out the particulars is the messy bit.

But I see how that initially reads looking back on it.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy with a negotiation where both sides win. KO brought us a National Championship and no one can take that away from him. Things didn't work out but an amicable deal where both side shake hands works for me. This is a business but KO is also family.
an amicable deal ended when they fired him for cause. now it's going to be fought with lawyers and likely in a public forum.

Reaction Score
Show me the clause he broke then we can talk about the buyout otherwise give him an offer and end it.
The original post suggests Ollies was given the facts for his dismissal. Unless he can dispute the claim, it's pretty clear in the contract. If he can make it questionable, he may be able to negotiate a settlement. but what you are asking has been done. that process in in full motion right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Let's just allow this whole KO issue lie until it's over or better yet, forever. All these threads lead to a needless pile-on
The guy won a NC, he played for UConn, was a huge ambassador for the program while trudging through the minor leagues and the pros, served ably as an AC, and lastly, he fizzled out in the end by using terrible judgment in the recruiting area that hurt the program. But the guy is not a felon, child molester or even a mean spirited person.
He received what he sowed - he is no longer doing the one thing he loved the most and for a measurable part - it was his doing
I know KO and I know, to a reasonable extent, how he feels about this process
UConn has a new coach , going in a new direction and hopefully Coach Dan Hurley will succeed. The program needed a shot in the arm and the administration did what it had to do. I respect their decision and as a longtime loyal fan and donor I pray there are fans in the seats and the team is competitive and wins.
KO deserves his hearing and his voice - he will get it and I hope it turns out as well as can be expected for both parties
ONWARD......

This was a good take.

One reason I want it to be over is that I don't want to read or hear about it anymore. Selfish I know.

Reaction Score
an amicable deal ended when they fired him for cause. now it's going to be fought with lawyers and likely in a public forum.

Deals are made behind closed doors. It would not be in UCONN'S best interest to try and shread KO. Still think KO will get paid a large sum. Both parties will probably agree to terms. Cooler heads will prevail.

Reaction Score
I will like to know what Ollie did to be fired for "just cause" I have no issues if the University fired him for the teams lack of success the past few seasons but the "just cause" is something I will like to know more about.

Reaction Score
Here we go again...

We'll find out soon enough.

Im on the side that Benedict tried to wriggle out of the contract using the just cause clause and he might win.

I dont know what it is but if it's from illegal practices, the NCAA cleared both TL and JA before the SMU game so I don't think that's the case unless something new was revealed after the game.

Now back to your original program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So at this point, Ollie now knows what the allegations are...we do not. Guess that will have something to with what if anything the final number will be.

Reaction Score

We don’t really know what happened. We don’t know the amount of the initial offer or counter. It had to be 180 degrees apart to get to this point. Regardless we needed a change.

Reaction Score
KO brought us a National Championship and no one can take that away from him.
Well, I'm with you in spirit, but, in actuality, a NC can be taken away. We'll all hold hands and pray that that isn't in the galaxy of possibilities . . .

Regarding the contract . . . .
Aaay.
You're not entitled to what your contract says. You're entitled to what a judge/jury/appeals court says you're entitled to.
I mean, I once heard a lawyer make an argument about what the word "is" means.

Reaction Score
"And make no mistake, former players and others with ties to the program aren’t happy with Ollie’s firing — or at least how it went down."

“It’s scary, the way it was handled,” Burrell said. “I’m in coaching, and I look at it like, ‘Are they gonna do that to try to get out of anyone’s contract?’ They could have done it in a different way if they wanted to go in that direction.”

This is exactly how I feel.

Reaction Score
“It’s shaping up really well,” Gold reported. “It’ll be a great mix of players from all generations. Is there a tear in the fabric? I think folks were very sad to see Coach Ollie treated the way he was. Personally, I was very sad to see it go down in the fashion that it did. But there’s so much we don’t know. The process hasn’t been public, so it’s impossible to know what’s going on behind the scenes.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom