Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jacobs: Ollie has hearing with UConn, has week to respond in writing

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Problem with your thinking, if the coach wanted to walk away from his end of the contract to a higher paying one, he isn't exactly "free" to do so. He or the other school has to pay the but out. There is no way to spin this. It was a terrible buy out/contract Benedict gave him. You're basically advocating for coaching free agency every off season.

Personally I'd rather UConn be in the business of paying more money upfront with more manageable buyouts for lack of performance.

They do that all the time. Ollie had a tiny buyout if he left. Why was it unbalanced? I’d prefer everyone was free to take any job they want. But it’s irrelevant. There is a contract. There is either cause or no cause. I hope there is cause so UConn doesn’t pay a guy not to work. It’s as simple as that.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Hopes Ollie wins the 10 million. Benedict is a sleazy dude. I just want everyone to know again that Benedict did not have the decency to show up to at UCONN scholar athletes night. This was at the half time of the SMU game and honors all students athletes who had a GPA >3. Susan was there as well as numerous High School principals and families. We value education at UCONN. UCONN is not Auburn
I don’t know, but neither of us know if he had a legitimate conflict.

Reaction Score
As a lawyer who writes contracts, I understand their value. I’d prefer a system of law that did not permit employment contracts however. Certainly not for public employees. People shouldn’t be paid to not work.

I humbly disagree, but I don't think this is the time or place to discuss an issue like that.

My opinion on the Ollie situation, from the start, has been to wait and see. We'll find out soon enough how strong of a case the school has.

Reaction Score
You don't get to 5 pages by playing 'wait and see'...really need that wild speculation. Think big :D

I really don't think that's healthy for anyone.

Hurley is the coach now and we should be focusing more attention on what he's doing to rebuild the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom