Italian point guard visiting | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Grazie.

And, with that, I am off to get myself some Italian food and wine for lunch.

62970615.jpg

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned 1 or 2 weeks. This was after his last visit. I personally think he will announce in 20 minutes. But take it with a grain of salt. Recruiting is fluid.

________d!
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't that be the mindset every year with recruiting?
I know right? This isn't the NBA where you sometimes need to plan for years in advance, consider draft position mid season, manage the salary cap etc.

In CBB, you get a constant influx of new talent. And the pool from which your fishing is freakin huge.

The post I was replying to was talking about how we can't get the UMass transfers anymore, two players that would have to sit out until 2018-19. My point is that KO probably wants 13 available bodies for next year. Because it's a critical year for him as a coach.

Reaction Score
This would be a great little recruiting score.

There's tons of video on YouTube and he looks very good. With these recruits that we really don't know much about, their list is instructive. When you beat New Mexico for a power forward, you're getting a project. When you beat Indiana for a point guard, you're not.

He has to get stronger, but that's the case with just about every kid coming out of high school. Even so, contact doesn't seem to bother him.

Handles the ball well, his shooting numbers are just what we need and he averaged a steal and a half a game in the Euro Championship so I'll go out on a limb and say that he might be a nice surprise on defense.

Kid can play - really hopeful here.

All of this pretty much confirms that he's not coming here . . .

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I believe that the use of that phrase if frowned upon on the BY based upon a prior thread, but lol.

It was this thread. I had Temery take it down for me.

But now that I see others doing it?? Facciamo 'na bella festa! :cool:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This would be a great little recruiting score.

There's tons of video on YouTube and he looks very good. With these recruits that we really don't know much about, their list is instructive. When you beat New Mexico for a power forward, you're getting a project. When you beat Indiana for a point guard, you're not.

He has to get stronger, but that's the case with just about every kid coming out of high school. Even so, contact doesn't seem to bother him.

Handles the ball well, his shooting numbers are just what we need and he averaged a steal and a half a game in the Euro Championship so I'll go out on a limb and say that he might be a nice surprise on defense.

Kid can play - really hopeful here.
Don't the kids with promise in Europe often go to a special school for the sport they excel in like in his case basketball so it is like preparing for a professional career from the time you are quite young?

Reaction Score
Don't the kids with promise in Europe often go to a special school for the sport they excel in like in his case basketball so it is like preparing for a professional career from the time you are quite young?

They are involved in academies set up by the local sporting organization. In his case, Treviso (which may still be sponsored by Benetton, not sure). But they still go to school until a certain age, maybe 16, when they have other options...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Here's a recruiting pitch. In Indiana andNew Mexico they put ketsup on pasta and call that EYE-talian food.
FTFY

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He mentions conference sure, and I'm one of the biggest believers in conference affecting a program's perception, but I have a strong inkling conference affiliation is as important to a foreign player. The whole concept of "college sports" and "conferences" is a very American culture.

I think he uses the term "good conference" in the context that he is accustomed to. Throughout the interview he makes multiple mentions to the strength of play in the clubs and national events he has participated in. I think he is just saying he wants a step up in his level of opponents being so young relative to his teammates and how successful he's been thusfar, and NCAA basketball will do that for sure, AAC or ACC.

Reaction Score
Getting back to moretti, when watching his tape with the Italian national team it's important to note how long those teammates have known each other (5+ years) Think his role next year will mirror his performance for Treviso in that Italian 2nd division... lots of scoring/shooting in picknroll and getting to ft line ( got there more consistently for Treviso and Italy than uconn players have in the past few years). Not so much playmaking like an Adams...

If he comes here I expect him to be in contention for starter/closer minutes , with a lineup like

Moretti
Adams
Larrier
Diarra/polley
Onuorah

Firepower off the bench with AG and vital. Not a bad 8 man rotation if you throw Carlton in there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Getting back to moretti, when watching his tape with the Italian national team it's important to note how long those teammates have known each other (5+ years) Think his role next year will mirror his performance for Treviso in that Italian 2nd division... lots of scoring/shooting in picknroll and getting to ft line ( got there more consistently for Treviso and Italy than UConn players have in the past few years). Not so much playmaking like an Adams...

If he comes here I expect him to be in contention for starter/closer minutes , with a lineup like

Moretti
Adams
Larrier
Diarra/polley
Onuorah

Firepower off the bench with AG and vital. Not a bad 8 man rotation if you throw Carlton in there.
Vital is starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69