Italian point guard visiting | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
are you sure about this? I was under the impression he was playing U18 and U19
I think he's been playing in the Serie A2 league. Not too familiar with the hierarchy in Italy but looks like it might be a step below the top league

Reaction Score
I'd agree with whoever points out that Larrier and guys of his size who can rebound are the prototype 4s nowadays, as the forward position, and every position, has blended.

I don't see Larrier as a prototype four just yet. He's superstars skinny. He's likely to get backed down by shooting guards in the NBA practtically

As we seem to be reeling in more guards, my guess is he starts "at the four but I guess my point the last week's and haven't expressed well is that... just because he's the 4th player on the court doesn't make him a 4. He is a small forwars and will play the role of a small forward with 3 other guards for a lot of this season. We may go with diarra or another if things aren't working.

Larrier strength on offense AND defense is on the perimeter. He has the athleticism and speed to be very disruptive against nallhandlers

Reaction Score
Assuming this kid comes to UConn, while very skilled he's going to have to compete with four extremely talented guards for playing time.

Also, the only place I see is Vital starting is the three which very well might happen but I think Larrier's ideal position is the three not the four. Don't underestimate Vital's importance coming off the bench bringing his toughness and scoring ability.

3 guard offense.

Alterique 30 mins
Jalen 35 mins/Anderson 6 mins
Vital 25 mins/Moretti 25 mins/Polley 5 mins
Larrier 30 mins/Diarra 14 mins/Whaley
Cobb 15 mins/Carlton 10 mins/Onuwuora 15 mins

Reaction Score
are you sure about this? I was under the impression he was playing U18 and U19

He is in Serie A2 which is the highest league in Italy for non-pros.

The league above it is Serie A, which has the best Italian teams, many of which compete in the Euroleague.

In other words, he is playing at the highest absolute level he can play at as an amateur.

Reaction Score
3 guard offense.

Alterique 30 mins
I agree for the most part, though I'd be shocked if Moretti played 25 and Anderson only 6 minutes. I'd imagine it would be closer to an even split, at least to start the season

Reaction Score
3 guard offense.

Alterique 30 mins

Anderson is a very experienced and talented combo guard he will play a lot more than 6 minutes a game...I'm actually very excited to see him play with Adams and Gilbert I think he was a huuuuuuge pick up for us

Reaction Score
Anderson is a very experienced and talented combo guard he will play a lot more than 6 minutes a game...I'm actually very excited to see him play with Adams and Gilbert I think he was a huuuuuuge pick up for us

Agreed. I think he will do well as the 3rd 4th option on the floor. Similar to vital. He'll make people pay when they focus on Adams too much, especially with Adams passing ability

Reaction Score
Do we have any idea when he will choose?
logo.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I think I can play both guard positions. My strength is shooting. I can shoot from three-point range, pull up and shot coming off the screen. I like shooting and I like the pick-and-roll and making extra passes for my teammates,” says Moretti about where his game is.

One of the main issues he dealt with at the end of last season was leading his team in front of a loud crowd. And Moretti needed to do that as Treviso reached the semi-finals of the second division playoffs.

“When you lead your team in the final minutes of the game it’s difficult to stay focused and make your team do what you and the coach want,” he said. “It was very difficult last year because I was only 17 years old and it was not simple. But I liked it. And I think I did a good job. But I can still get better.”

Definitely want this kid.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
“I think I can play both guard positions. My strength is shooting. I can shoot from three-point range, pull up and shot coming off the screen. I like shooting and I like the pick-and-roll and making extra passes for my teammates,” says Moretti about where his game is.

One of the main issues he dealt with at the end of last season was leading his team in front of a loud crowd. And Moretti needed to do that as Treviso reached the semi-finals of the second division playoffs.

“When you lead your team in the final minutes of the game it’s difficult to stay focused and make your team do what you and the coach want,” he said. “It was very difficult last year because I was only 17 years old and it was not simple. But I liked it. And I think I did a good job. But I can still get better.”

Definitely want this kid.
Need and love this

Mystrength is shooting. I can shoot from three-point range, pull up and shot coming off the screen. I like shooting

Reaction Score
Can somebody please explain to me why we are just penciling this player into the rotation? What's next, penciling Reddish in for 32 minutes? Come on, people! Let's let him decide first.

Reaction Score
Can somebody please explain to me why we are just penciling this player into the rotation? What's next, penciling Reddish in for 32 minutes? Come on, people! Let's let him decide first.
I don't think recruiting jokes are funny this year after what recently happened. I guess I lost my sense of humor in this department. Does anyone know something definitive here or is this all BS?

Reaction Score
I don't think recruiting jokes are funny this year after what recently happened. I guess I lost my sense of humor in this department. Does anyone know something definitive here or is this all BS?
He just committed to Texas tech

Reaction Score
See Moretti to texas tech thread

Reaction Score

It's all BS.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I've tried to be positive all along. But with this pos (yes - that is what it is) recruiting class and nothing (go ahead and smoke what you want about reddish - ain't happening) at all or anything decent lined up for next year, we are Adams and Larrier leaving away from being a joke. Like rutgersesque joke. I've had far too much to drink today but I don't think sobriety will change my thoughts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom