Italian point guard visiting | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, last week. Insiders like @husky99 and @Zionn are hearing good things.

These long multi-page recruiting threads are a nightmare, so I don't blame you for being confused.
Total nightmare...thanks for the info, much appreciated.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
That thought crossed my mind as well when I made that post.
I honestly wasn't sure if you were posting that being dead serious or sarcastic or a mix.

Sadly, I would understand either way.

Reaction Score
Yes, last week. Insiders like @husky99 and @Zionn are hearing good things.
Quite frankly I just want UConn to win a recruiting battle with anyone for anybody at this point.

I think our odds are 25% since he's visiting 4 schools and I doubt anyone has real inside info on what a kid from Italy is thinking, including the UConn staff....not sure KO could get his own child to commit at this point.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Quite frankly I just want UConn to win a recruiting battle with anyone for anybody at this point.

I think our odds are 25% since he's visiting 4 schools and I doubt anyone has real inside info on what a kid from Italy is thinking, including the UConn staff....not sure KO could get his own child to commit at this point.
His kid is playing football at Fordham, but that's more due to Bob Fiasco.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Sorry but I find this ridiculous on two counts
1. You want anybody just so you can say UConn won a recruitment battle? That makes no sense and is so simplistic but you are not the only one who feels/thinks that way. I am glad KO and staff aren't resorting to this panic attack theory
2. If KOs son was good enough to play basketball at UConn - he would most likely play here.

Your odds are right on

Reaction Score
His friend Federico Mussini is returning to Europe to go pro after two years at St. John's.

I saw this on Twitter and was somewhat surprised. Did he graduate? I would think he would want to stay and graduate at least. Europe would still be there in two years. If he was a lottery pick in the NBA it would make perfect sense.

Reaction Score
1. You want anybody just so you can say UConn won a recruitment battle? That makes no sense and is so simplistic but you are not the only one who feels/thinks that way. I am glad KO and staff aren't resorting to this panic attack theory

If UConn brought him in for an official visit and offered him a scholarship then they want him.

Any kid with an outstanding offer from UConn is someone the coaches want. Therefore, there's nothing simplistic about wanting to win any recruiting battle we're involved in, because it means the coaches are getting kids they want.

The only way his argument is wrong, is if you think the coaches ARE panicking and offering kids that won't cut it at this level. Wanting the coaches to secure commitments from anyone that they've offered a scholarship to is completely logical, IF you have faith in the coaches.

His statement is simple but logical. Yours is convoluted and contradictory, but maybe you're too simple to even realize it?

You should edit your post to say "Sorry" and just leave it at that.

Reaction Score
I saw this on Twitter and was somewhat surprised. Did he graduate? I would think he would want to stay and graduate at least. Europe would still be there in two years. If he was a lottery pick in the NBA it would make perfect sense.
I don't know how credits transfer to schools in Italy, but you only need 3 years of college for a bachelor's degree. He may be able to finish his final year and graduate with their version of a bachelor's. If he took enough classes, he may have nearly enough for a degree there anyway.

Or he realized the window to play professional basketball is much smaller than the window to get a college education, and decided to play now, while he's young. College will still be there in "x" years. He's already 21 years old as a Sophomore.

Reaction Score
He didn't graduate but also has no shot at the NBA. He didn't have the size or athletecism to defend guards at that level, but he's very skilled and should have a long career in Italy.

Reaction Score
I don't know how credits transfer to schools in Italy, but you only need 3 years of college for a bachelor's degree. He may be able to finish his final year and graduate with their version of a bachelor's. If he took enough classes, he may have nearly enough for a degree there anyway.

Or he realized the window to play professional basketball is much smaller than the window to get a college education, and decided to play now, while he's young. College will still be there in "x" years. He's already 21 years old as a Sophomore.
That makes more sense then I guess.

Reaction Score
2. If KOs son was good enough to play basketball at UConn - he would most likely play here.
Sorry I find your rebuttal pretty useless....
- I don't think the staff would be involved in a "recruiting battle" they didn't want to win.....I want to win a battle for "anybody" worth offering a spot to......we aren't winning battles vs St. John's so I'll take some minor victories right now.
- Do you think I was serious about KO losing a recruiting battle for his son if he was a gifted baller? I'll try and avoid hyperbole if that would make things more palatable for you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

He could easily finish his degree just by taking classes during the offseason well before he'll retire from playing overseas. And in that scenario he's been making money for an extra 1-2 years so I'd say that's a smart decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom