Is J Carey on campus tomorrow? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Is J Carey on campus tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Based on public knowledge, I'd be shocked if we don't land him. Still need to make it through the cuse visit though.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he probably would have interupted and said something. And everyone would have been cool with it. I don't have that gift or comfort level.
Or anything else in the category of informational or helpful beyond what any casual fan would know.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Based on public knowledge, I'd be shocked if we don't land him. Still need to make it through the cuse visit though.
We just lost a recruit we thought we had locked up to Rutgers. You'd be surprised if we lost this kid, who it's understood we've mostly been 50/50 on, to Syracuse?

Okey doke.

Reaction Score
We just lost a recruit we thought we had locked up to Rutgers. You'd be surprised if we lost this kid, who it's understood we've mostly been 50/50 on, to Syracuse?

Okey doke.

I feel the same. I'm inclined to proceed with caution at this point on any recruit that doesn't commit while he's here.

C

Chief00

Okey doke.

You got to factor in that our approach to recruiting is dramatically different than a couple weeks ago. There was a major reset, which everybody is onboard with.
We are over the sanctions hangover that went on much longer than it should have and the goal of perfect APR scores. Also, it's about fulfilling the players and parents dreams. In most cases that means getting a contract in The League.

Reaction Score
You got to factor in that our approach to recruiting is dramatically different than a couple weeks ago. There was a major reset, which everybody is onboard with.
We are over the sanctions hangover that went on much longer than it should have and the goal of perfect APR scores. Also, it's about fulfilling the players and parents dreams. In most cases that means getting a contract in The League.
What???

Reaction Score
What???
he's basically inferring that Ollie wasn't pushing the NBA with recruits. I find that extremely hard to believe considering our programs pedigree and Ollie's tenure there.

Reaction Score
he's basically inferring that Ollie wasn't pushing the NBA with recruits. I find that extremely hard to believe considering our programs pedigree and Ollie's tenure there.

I took it as they're doing more negative recruiting but perhaps they're one and the same.

C

Chief00

Are you referring to my post? If so, just the opposite -going forward recruiting will focus on dreams of players and parents. In most cases that's an NBA contract.

Reaction Score
Are you referring to my post? If so, just the opposite -going forward recruiting will focus on dreams of players and parents. In most cases that's an NBA contract.
I'm saying that you implied we weren't already doing that

C

Chief00

I'm saying that you implied we weren't already doing that

JMick, good question. I would argue that we weren't effectively doing that! The popular notion on the BY that something in KO's personal life was turning off parent's, I have never found even any antidotal evidence of the past two years. Most players and their parents, who are often of below average income, want the player to get to the league. That's why UK is so successful because they put that at a higher priority than actual winning NCAA Championships. I don't agree with that but that's the reality.

While we can make a really strong dream narrative in this area with all the UConn NBA and former NBA guys, KO's long NBA career and his contacts (KD, LeBron, etc) other school's were beating us on that narrative. UConn recruiting has recently made some adjustments in that area based on certain sales techniques and it seems to be working.

Reaction Score
JMick, good question. I would argue that we weren't effectively doing that! The popular notion on the BY that something in KO's personal life was turning off parent's, I have never found even any antidotal evidence of the past two years. Most players and their parents, who are often of below average income, want the player to get to the league. That's why UK is so successful because they put that at a higher priority than actual winning NCAA Championships. I don't agree with that but that's the reality.

While we can make a really strong dream narrative in this area with all the UConn NBA and former NBA guys, KO's long NBA career and his contacts (KD, LeBron, etc) other school's were beating us on that narrative. UConn recruiting has recently made some adjustments in that area based on certain sales techniques and it seems to be working.
You have NO clue what they are doing or not doing vs what they were doing vs not doing, so give up your tired narrative that you're an insider. You offer no proof so therefore you have no credibility.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You have NO clue what they are doing or not doing vs what they were doing vs not doing, so give up your tired narrative that you're an insider. You offer no proof so therefore you have no credibility.
Whether you like or agree with Chief00 or not - obviously you consider him to be an arse - what he says in his reply to JMick does have merit

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Based on public knowledge and "insider" posts, I concluded long ago that neither exists on The Boneyard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chief might not be an insider like OZ but he know more basketball then 95% of Boneyard. I believe that he has some sources but is definitely not connected to the program that he is chilling with chills. One can always get some inside scope by luck. I got some inside scoop this yr by talking to a active staff members at Maxs in Springfield and then playing a random pick up basketball game with Ollie's inner circle. I always thought that the chief's info was more credible then the anti ollie posters here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom