Interesting article - Donovan Clingan | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Interesting article - Donovan Clingan

Reaction Score
Hurley is there with Moore watching Clingan vs his own son (on east Catholic) not even 4 hrs after game ended away at East Carolina. I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_200249_01.jpg
    IMG_20200229_200249_01.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 257

MrP

Reaction Score
Is it inconceivable that this kid never attends college? I realize you HAVE to recruit him either way, but when the rule changes, if he’s developed enough he could enter the draft right outta HS

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is it inconceivable that this kid never attends college? I realize you HAVE to recruit him either way, but when the rule changes, if he’s developed enough he could enter the draft right outta HS

He's probably going to struggle getting up to high major college speed. He was get absolutely monstered in the NBA. He'd get monstered in teh G League tbh.

he's playing basketball against Lilliputians right now

caw

Reaction Score
He's probably going to struggle getting up to high major college speed. He was get absolutely monstered in the NBA. He'd get monstered in teh G League tbh.

he's playing basketball against Lilliputians right now

isn’t he just a Sophomore in high school? If he keeps working on his body/game who knows what his limits are. He already is pretty well built for a 7’0 sophomore in high school. If he can shoot (and his shot does look decent) you are talking about a possible American Porzingas. I’d consider taking him in the first round especially if he falls to the later part.

Reaction Score
There is no downside to the kid staying at Bristol.

Kids racing to prep schools is normally much more about the adults who make money off the game than it is about the kids playing it. He already plays AAU ball at the top level - he doesn’t need more basketball, more travel and more wear and tear.

He’s a seven-foot sophomore who is on track to touch and go to the NBA after a year or two in college. Less is more for a 15 or 16 year old that size.

I find his desire to stay close to home to be refreshing. He and his dad are obviously close. The key is not picking up any bad habits against competition where he is the tallest guy on the court but 8 or 9 inches.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
isn’t he just a Sophomore in high school? If he keeps working on his body/game who knows what his limits are. He already is pretty well built for a 7’0 sophomore in high school. If he can shoot (and his shot does look decent) you are talking about a possible American Porzingas. I’d consider taking him in the first round especially if he falls to the later part.

Only a sophomore, huh? That means @HooperScooper needs to stay in his cell in the basement for two more years?!

Reaction Score
I said it before and only time will tell if I am correct. I think Donovan finds a way to get extra credits and he graduates next year from Bristol Central. Then hopefuly he will sign with Uconn. It would be a total waste of time for him to spend the next 2 years in High School.

Reaction Score

are you suggesting you would take him in the first round of an nba draft now....? Appreciate he is only a soph and therefore can possibly develop, but that is laughable if I am interpreting correctly. He is playing against CT kids half his height and doesn’t even appear to be a superb athlete. not even remotely close to what porzingis was in Europe pre nba

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Ct. Kids. Ct HS Basketball is the best in NE . Remember the old NE HS BB Tournament at Bos. Garden and how Ct used to dominate.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I said it before and only time will tell if I am correct. I think Donovan finds a way to get extra credits and he graduates next year from Bristol Central. Then hopefuly he will sign with Uconn. It would be a total waste of time for him to spend the next 2 years in High School.

Donovan is 15 right now, do you really think he's going to move up a year so he can start playing college basketball when he's just turned 17?

Reaction Score
Donovan is 15 right now, do you really think he's going to move up a year so he can start playing college basketball when he's just turned 17?
Yes, I believe he recently turned 16. If he stays in high school next year he will turn 17 around now. If he went to college the following year he would turn 18 during the season. If he is physically and emotionally ready he will go early. I believe that Richie Springs who is enrolled at Uconn now is 17.

Reaction Score
Yes, I believe he recently turned 16. If he stays in high school next year he will turn 17 around now. If he went to college the following year he would turn 18 during the season. If he is physically and emotionally ready he will go early. I believe that Richie Springs who is enrolled at Uconn now is 17.

Ain't happening

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Of course. But he needs to play better competition. Porzingis played against professionals from a young age.

Clingan is effectively playing against chairs right now. You don't get better in a vacuum. Plenty of guys can shoot 50+% from three in an empty gym.

He could end up as Shawn Bradley. You just don't know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I find his desire to stay close to home to be refreshing. He and his dad are obviously close. The key is not picking up any bad habits against competition where he is the tallest guy on the court but 8 or 9 inches.

He can stay close to home and play in local prep leagues which are some of the best in the country.

I'd rather see a kid want to be the best at any cost. That fire, that hunger, that desire to kill any and all competition is what gets you ahead more than height and skills ever will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
There is certainly potential for downside if he stays at BCHS. I'm shocked you have this take. He is practicing and playing against less talented kids 4 months of the year. The coaching isn't as good. The practice rules are more stringent. Especially true if he stays with his mostly regional AAU team.

There's also downside of going prep. The wear and tear on young bodies being a big one. His dad not being able to see all of his games, and the lack of fans is also a downside.

It wouldn't be a difficult decision if there wasn't downside to both options.

He and his family need to weigh the benefits of staying at home vs going prep. It sounds like he's really attached to his home, so if he stays home, he'll need to create a strength training program and a plan for skills improvement to stay on track with his peers at the top of the 2022 rankings. I'd think any talented local strength coach and skills trainer would be happy to take him for the publicity alone.

Again this is about him being at his Mother's school and breaking records, why you can't see that is beyond me. Somethings are more important than basketball and that would be family.
He isn't leaving anytime soon and will continue to develop without going to a prep school. He will still be on the AAU circuit this summer and doesn't need to Prep like some of you think.
I want a happy player and not one that has regrets later in life. This is his life, not your idea of what his life should be.

Reaction Score

oh my god

Reaction Score
Again this is about him being at his Mother's school and breaking records, why you can't see that is beyond me. Somethings are more important than basketball and that would be family.
He isn't leaving anytime soon and will continue to develop without going to a prep school. He will still be on the AAU circuit this summer and doesn't need to Prep like some of you think.
I want a happy player and not one that has regrets later in life. This is his life, not your idea of what his life should be.

You're acting like I didn't say there are positives to staying at BCHS. It's pretty obvious he has a difficult decision ahead of him. Did you read the post? I literally wrote that family would be a reason to stay at BCHS. Might want to simmer down, man. Taking this a little too personally

Reaction Score

Calm down.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I get people bleed blue but so many people are delusional. I'm not sure he starts at any of the top prep schools in the country. If he doesn't start there how do people think he is going to dominate high major D-1 college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom