In Memory of My Loving Father, 'Dogbreath2U' | Page 6 | The Boneyard

In Memory of My Loving Father, 'Dogbreath2U'

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kate,
Thank you for sharing your memories of your father with us... What an amazing tribute.

As countless others have expressed, @Dogbreath2U was an insightful, rational, and passionate poster here. The fact that the entire board is unanimously in agreement with that fact is something of a rarity. That leads me to believe that, although I never met your father, I imagine he was a rarity as a person as well.

On internet message boards, it's easy for posters to take advantage of the anonymity factor and use it as false armor to demean others or be a negative person. Tom was the polar opposite of that, always genuine and kind... a beacon of positivity and passion on this board. Selfishly, he will be terribly missed here.

I can only imagine what you and your family are going through at a time like this. I can only hope that you are somewhat touched by the resounding positive impression your dad left on so many here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Kate and Family,

The Boneyard helped me immensely when we lost Dribbles back in April 2015. Your Dad was respected for all he did, he was compassionate and a loyal Huskie supporter. May you and your family heal during this time and prayers for everyone. Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
Kate,

I didn't know your father (or anyone on here personally), but I do know that when I read his posts/knowledge of UConn basketball I knew I was reading a post of a very smart, knowledgeable and caring person.

To know that your dad and I are in the same field of work makes me especially sad as he def seems like a great one.

Always feel free to come on board for anything that you need.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Kate,
Beautifully stated.
Your reading that your Dad was consistently kind, well reasoned and thoughtful may seem like very moderate praise. But, if you knew the Boneyard and it's intensely passionate fans that ride the rollercoaster of our team, you would realize how truly rare those traits are in this forum.
I just learned that he and I are the same age and work in the same field and have daughters that are about the same age. I send my love to you and your family and wish you healing and peace.
David

Reaction Score
Your father befriended me at Jim Calhoun's Charity Walk/Ride in 2012. Maybe because I was a newcomer to a ‘live’ Boneyard event or maybe because I looked lost but he fell in step with me and we walked and talked for a couple of hours. Being lost had something to do with trying to reconcile members’ screen names with the real person as it did with my general discomfort of being in a group of strangers. Your father’s screen name particularly confused me. He wasn’t unshaven and he didn’t have bad breath. He struck me as a kind soul. I also remember the smile he had throughout the walk.

I’m very sorry for your loss and our loss.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
This was very sad news to read. I've always enjoyed reading Tom's posts and chatting with him during games. My thoughts and condolences to you Kate and your family, Tom's friends, and to all of us here who share in your loss. Thank you for sharing this tribute and picture with us.

Reaction Score
The fact that the Boneyard got mention in the obituary is wild to me. I had never stopped to consider before that some people might remember us this way. I suppose for people like me it's a blessing and a curse that this is how our paths crossed - blessing that it is that we have the chance to become acquainted to like-minded souls, I look at a guy like @Dogbreath2U and think it's a shame that I never really knew him. Sometimes in my vaguest of fantasies I'll wonder what it would be like to meet the people on this board, but the stars never do seem to align.

I wish I could go back in time and reach out to him. I wish I could go back in time and give the tickets that I won to the 2014 regional finals - tickets that I won through this very site - to him. It's funny the way life works, where all these bucket list items - connections you're going to make but haven't had the time to, gestures that are more convenient to make tomorrow than today, favors you haven't had the chance to re-pay - tend to lurk beneath your conscience until it's too late.

Perhaps if there's value in this it's that it makes ambivalence a little less likely, even if for only a while. At least today, I have no trouble putting my money where my mouth is. I tend to go to at least a few games a year, usually the biggest ones. Consider this an open invitation to PM me if you're weird like I am and need to get to your seat 45 minutes before tip. We'll have plenty of time to talk.

Reaction Score
The fact that the Boneyard got mention in the obituary is wild to me. I had never stopped to consider before that some people might remember us this way. I suppose for people like me it's a blessing and a curse that this is how our paths crossed - blessing that it is that we have the chance to become acquainted to like-minded souls, I look at a guy like @Dogbreath2U and think it's a shame that I never really knew him. Sometimes in my vaguest of fantasies I'll wonder what it would be like to meet the people on this board, but the stars never do seem to align.

I wish I could go back in time and reach out to him. I wish I could go back in time and give the tickets that I won to the 2014 regional finals - tickets that I won through this very site - to him. It's funny the way life works, where all these bucket list items - connections you're going to make but haven't had the time to, gestures that are more convenient to make tomorrow than today, favors you haven't had the chance to re-pay - tend to lurk beneath your conscience until it's too late.

Perhaps if there's value in this it's that it makes ambivalence a little less likely, even if for only a while. At least today, I have no trouble putting my money where my mouth is. I tend to go to at least a few games a year, usually the biggest ones. Consider this an open invitation to PM me if you're weird like I am and need to get to your seat 45 minutes before tip. We'll have plenty of time to talk.

Very nice post champs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom