In Memory of My Loving Father, 'Dogbreath2U' | Page 4 | The Boneyard

In Memory of My Loving Father, 'Dogbreath2U'

Reaction Score
My deepest synpathy goes out to you and your Family Kate. I am sure your father would be very proud of those words you wrote on his behalf.

Best Regards.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think that as much as we bicker among ourselves, we yarders to truly care about each other. It hurts to lose any poster. But it especially hurts when it's a thoughtful, rational and passionate poster. Godspeed, Dogbreath2U. Godspeed Thomas.

Reaction Score
We need to put something together to honor Tom and his love of UConn basketball. Let's brainstorm and come up with the best way to honor him.

I say, for one thing, let's create a Boneyard Hall of Fame and name it after him. Appoint a committee. Have an inaugural class. Have a voting committee. Each year, put people up for nomination.

Reaction Score
Condolences on the loss for you and your family. As ridiculous as this sounds, when you get a "like" from a certain small group of posters, you know that you damn well are in the right and made a good point and it feels good. And Dogbreath was certainly was one of those select few and will be missed. I also really appreciate you giving the board the information and sharing a little bit of his special life. Undoubtedly, I would have been wondering where he was after an extended period of silence.

Reaction Score
Damn, so terrible. Sorry for your loss Kate!

Pretty sure we are the same age and my Dad is in his early sixties as well. I can't even imagine.

Seems like Tom was a great man. He was definitely a great poster. RIP.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My very deepest of condolences. I grieve both for your loss and our loss of a friend.

Reaction Score
So sorry to hear. Your Dad was a super fan and always had something good to say. He will be missed here. My condolences to your family.

Reaction Score
Damn. Really sad news. Dog was a great guy on here, and I'm sure in real life. I'm sorry for you and the family. Thank you for letting us know Kate, even if the news really sucks.

I'm glad he cared about the community here, as he'll really be missed.

RIP Tom.

This shouldn't be lost. I'm sure everything is pretty overwhelming right now and we're probably last on the list of people to inform. She didn't have to do it and I'm sure nobody would have expected her to. It's that type of thankless gesture that says so much about a person's character and I can say pretty convincingly that I wouldn't have done the same if I were in her spot.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If we put up a poll on whether the sun would come up tomorrow, half the people here would say yes, half would say no, and there would be 15 pages of bickering.

That we all have the same fond memories and respect for DB2U says quite a bit, I think. He will be remembered for a long time. Rest In Peace.

Reaction Score
Wow, oh so sad to hear this! Tom always wrote some wonderful posts here. I enjoyed reading his posts. Always well thought out & non confrontational. He seemed like a really nice guy from what I read from him. My condolences to the McAuliffe family! Remember all the fun times & smile! UConn lost a wonderful fan & family member! Big hugs!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kate I am so sorry for your and your family's loss, and ours.

Your dad is one of a very small handful of Boneyarders I've met in person, and I'm so glad I did. I'm sure I'm not unique among those who have met him in feeling that I made an instant connection with him, and I am certain it's because he was an extraordinary listener. Your tribute speaks volumes about the greatness of the man. He would be so happy to know that "loving" was the first adjective you chose to describe him. To echo @Deepster 's comment, as a father of three daughters myself, I would consider my life a smashing success if my daughters think as highly of me.

I was at a professional conference all day today and I checked the board after lunch and read the terrible news. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had a few good cries since. Your father radiated warmth, humor and intelligence. He remembered things I had posted years ago. We shared a love of Van Morrison and a lot of other music. He was one of the most important influences on the diet and exercise habits I started last year after he shared his recent experiences with me, and it has literally changed my life.

I hope that you and your family find peace, and that some small part of it is in knowing that he was essentially the shrink for the whole crazy lot of us. He will be missed massively.

Reaction Score
Kate

I'm emotional. I didn't meet - maybe I just don't remember your dad at a Golf event - but I have a deep connection that you touched in your words: UConn for me is about my love of my father and our shared love of UConn Baskeball. (Then football). The crazy sweatshirts and all the games we sat watching. BEFORE ... all this TV stuff, we worked hard to find the Huskies on radio from distance in upstate NY. And then - like you - my daughter started wearing UConn sweatshirts.

I loved your words. And I sincerely wish I could make the memorial on the 20th. We are united here in community on this passionate stake we've earned in OUR team. ❤️ and damn ... we saw them rise to championships.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm so very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing Kate. You describe him so eloquently and so lovingly it conveys the very profound sense of loss that you and your family must feel.

I didn't know your father in the real world but I did know him on the board. He was a vibrant part of this community, funny and very knowledgeable. Please know that his loss is very deeply felt in this community. You and your family have my heartfelt sympathy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This shouldn't be lost. I'm sure everything is pretty overwhelming right now and we're probably last on the list of people to inform. She didn't have to do it and I'm sure nobody would have expected her to. It's that type of thankless gesture that says so much about a person's character and I can say pretty convincingly that I wouldn't have done the same if I were in her spot.
I don't know how he passed but I can see him slipping Kate a note card with instructions on how to log in and letting us know what was going on. That's DB2U for sure.

I will always remember hearing him ask, "What is it called? Nummy Nummy?" when I bought him a craft brewski.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom