I'm not one for dragging up Edsall stuff but... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I'm not one for dragging up Edsall stuff but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should have kept Dennis Brown!! LOL Does he have any eligibility??

Reaction Score
I just think that it would have been interesting if he was the QB instead of TL and we threw the ball vertically - he had the arm!!! Luckily we had Donald Brown.

Reaction Score
In busnesslawyer's world; rational discussion equals one that business lawyer agrees with.

It could be that Edsall failed to do his job and that he is a f......ing idiot.

Sure there is. It's the difference between being having failed to do a part of your job well versus being a duck*ing moron. If we could have a rational discussion on the parts of his job he wasn't/isn't good at instead of constantly ending up with the latter, these threads would end much more quickly.

Reaction Score

In my world, where we look at things through apologista colored glasses, he was neither.

Reaction Score
Ambrose was Wilson's successor at OC.
Yeah I know...when Wilson was here we threw the ball ALL over the place...after he left we ran the ball more than a kids flag football team!

Reaction Score
In busnesslawyer's world; rational discussion equals one that business lawyer agrees with.

Is that you TDH?

Reaction Score
Is that you TDH?

Actually, I don't think that is fair. TDH obsesses over the same point over and over, and certainly annoys me at times because his repetition of the one point is thrown in anywhere and often makes discussion more difficult (and I'm not at all implying I don't annoy people at times because it certainly seems like I do). But TDH does not disagree with people for any reason other than he disagrees and is rarely personally nasty (as opposed to giving professional criticism in his posts and rarely attacks posters individually). Psychotic at times, sure, but not nasty!

TDH will say we've failed and failed miserably at passing the ball (which, for the most part, no one disagrees with). But he does not state or imply that people are morons because of the failure -- just that they've failed.

Reaction Score
Actually, I don't think that is fair. TDH obsesses over the same point over and over, and certainly annoys me at times because his repetition of the one point is thrown in anywhere and often makes discussion more difficult (and I'm not at all implying I don't annoy people at times because it certainly seems like I do). But TDH does not disagree with people for any reason other than he disagrees and is rarely personally nasty (as opposed to giving professional criticism in his posts and rarely attacks posters individually). Psychotic at times, sure, but not nasty!

TDH will say we've failed and failed miserably at passing the ball (which, for the most part, no one disagrees with). But he does not state or imply that people are morons because of the failure -- just that they've failed.

This post is irrational. Of course we failed miserably in implementing a passing attack, but that ignores the fact we successfully implemented the 2.7 yards and a cloud of dust offense. We also were really successful in getting our punts blocked.

Reaction Score
This post is irrational. Of course we failed miserably in implementing a passing attack, but that ignores the fact we successfully implemented the 2.7 yards and a cloud of dust offense. We also were really successful in getting our punts blocked.

Why are you infatuated with Randy Edsall? Maybe you should post on the Maryland board?

Reaction Score
I don't understand your belief about a fear of Endres. His Sophomore year, he only came out of the lineup when he got hurt. His Junior year, when he came of suspension it took Edsall less than a half to give him the job back. He then stayed in the lineup until the University -- not Edsall -- made him ineligible. What made Edsall nervous about Cody was he had an addiction -- not that he liked throwing the ball. When he was in the lineup, Edsall let him throw. it. You don't think Edsall didn't have the power to tell him to hand it off?

First off, you should go look and see if Endres really did throw it with any more frequency than any other QB's did.

Frazer charted 562 pass attempts in 23 games played.

Endres charted 313 pass attempts in 13 games played.

24 a game. Each. Actually closer to 25 for Frazer and 24 for Endres.

Off the field issues have absolutely nothign to do with anything I've written, except that it seems apparent, that Edsall somehow let it effect his judgement, such that he was willing to give Frazer the job in the offseason after 2009 when he hadn't demonstrated on the field that he deserved it clearly over Endres, yet early in 2010, half time in a tie ball game, he pulls Frazer and inserts Endres, who would be out of the program for good two weeks later. The team by that point after finishing 2009 so strong, got so royally screwed up that if it wasn't for a few players, taking their own initiative, the 2010 season would have gone down the drains. I wonder if those players, ever got the credit they deserved from the head coach for leading that team to the Fiesta Bowl, before he left for Maryland.

There are those of us, out here, who do recognize what the leaders of that 2010 roster did. Well done.

Reaction Score
First off, you should go look and see if Endres really did throw it with any more frequency than any other QB's did.

Frazer charted 562 pass attempts in 23 games played.

Endres charted 313 pass attempts in 13 games played.

24 a game. Each. Actually closer to 25 for Frazer and 24 for Endres.

Off the field issues have absolutely nothign to do with anything I've written, except that it seems apparent, that Edsall somehow let it effect his judgement, such that he was willing to give Frazer the job in the offseason after 2009 when he hadn't demonstrated on the field that he deserved it clearly over Endres, yet early in 2010, half time in a tie ball game, he pulls Frazer and inserts Endres, who would be out of the program for good two weeks later. The team by that point after finishing 2009 so strong, got so royally screwed up that if it wasn't for a few players, taking their own initiative, the 2010 season would have gone down the drains. I wonder if those players, ever got the credit they deserved from the head coach for leading that team to the Fiesta Bowl, before he left for Maryland.

There are those of us, out here, who do recognize what the leaders of that 2010 roster did. Well done.

I wrote a response, but no point. have a nice day.

Reaction Score

You are embarrassing yourself with your RE obsession. Please continue.

Reaction Score
You are embarrassing yourself with your RE obsession. Please continue.

Actually, way more people agree with me than you'll ever realize. I'd rather be critical of a former head coach than be some weird parent stalker.

Reaction Score
Actually, way more people agree with me than you'll ever realize. I'd rather be critical of a former head coach than be some weird parent stalker.

For once show some balls and say whats on your mind instead of talking in circles with your ignorant comments.

There's critical and there is obsession. You are obsessed. If you feel as though you are on the same level as the "hate for no reason" group then more power to you.

Again...please explain the parent stalker comment. You've gone from embarrassing yourself to being an a**hole. Oh wait...that's right...you've always been an a**hole.

Reaction Score
That shoe fits you extremely well. But your obsession with me is starting to be kinda weird.

Reaction Score
I wrote a response, but no point. have a nice day.

I do that sometimes too. You have a nice day as well. I heard my first tweety bird of the spring outside the kitchen windows this morning. Lots of frost out there this morning, but the birds are back. And that means it's almost time for football again.

Reaction Score
Typical Cougar speak. I respond to your comments but I'm obsessed with you?

Next time Don Brown or any other parent calls me or emails me I'll tell them to stop stalking me. Oh wait..I'm stalking them. My bad.

By the way. Who I know in terms of parents never ever come out in my posts (until this one) so you need to move on to someone else.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The bottom line he isn't here any longer and now coach Paul Pasqualoni is running the show. That is all any of us should care about moving forward and not looking back.

Reaction Score
What Randy is thinking while getting beat up on by Clemson.
"I wonder if zoocougar and sportsart will remember me? I really enjoyed reading their posts on the boneyard." :D
"I just wish John Feinstein, Gregg Doyle and Sally Jenkins were as well informed and funny as those guys."

65433_Clemson_Maryland_Football.jpg

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a former, or current, head coach for obvious deficiencies. There's also nothing wrong with celebrating what the "conference" recognizes as a "conference championship".

Nothing wrong with criticizing the punt blocks. However, we've had a lot of success on special teams too in returns and kicking/punting.

We all criticize the passing game. However, we've also done well putting offensive lineman and RBs in professional football, and earning national recognition at the collegiate level.

Or the lack of wins vs. top 25, etc. Yet, we did have a 5 yr bowl streak, 2 conf champs, etc.

He isn't the greatest ever, doesn't deserve to have a field named after him, and left no reason to think anyone couldn't meet or surpass his accomplishments.

BUT, a "ducking idiot" couldn't have taken us from trailers (it's funny because it's true) and rivalries with UMass/URI to the point where we can/should expect to compete with and beat top 25 teams, win conference championships, and go to BCS games.

It's fair to criticize the coach when we don't compete with or beat top 25 teams, and have seasons go by without any improvement in the same specific areas. It also doesn't make you an imbecile to take pride in the conference championships and other accomplishments.

Reaction Score
That is a good post Wing-UConn. The other side of the argument also deals with the fact that Edsall was allowed on the job training at UConn, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere else. The fact it took so long to get the punt team blocking straightened out was straight amateur hour. We were still having major issues with it in 2008.

For me personally, I feel Edsall ran his course here. Other coaches could have done much worse others could have done much better. If he went 2-10, at UConn last year his seat wouldn't even be warm. I don't like it when coaches are that comfortable unless they are top of the food chain types like Calhoun.

Reaction Score
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a former, or current, head coach for obvious deficiencies. There's also nothing wrong with celebrating what the "conference" recognizes as a "conference championship".

Nothing wrong with criticizing the punt blocks. However, we've had a lot of success on special teams too in returns and kicking/punting.

We all criticize the passing game. However, we've also done well putting offensive lineman and RBs in professional football, and earning national recognition at the collegiate level.

Or the lack of wins vs. top 25, etc. Yet, we did have a 5 yr bowl streak, 2 conf champs, etc.

He isn't the greatest ever, doesn't deserve to have a field named after him, and left no reason to think anyone couldn't meet or surpass his accomplishments.

BUT, a "ducking idiot" couldn't have taken us from trailers (it's funny because it's true) and rivalries with UMass/URI to the point where we can/should expect to compete with and beat top 25 teams, win conference championships, and go to BCS games.

It's fair to criticize the coach when we don't compete with or beat top 25 teams, and have seasons go by without any improvement in the same specific areas. It also doesn't make you an imbecile to take pride in the conference championships and other accomplishments.

+10000000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak