I'm not one for dragging up Edsall stuff but... | The Boneyard

I'm not one for dragging up Edsall stuff but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did she fix the part about Todman yet? Can you transfer to the NFL?

Edit: It's fixed now. The original article said Todman was transferring.

Randy Edsall is a man of action, and accountability. When a player named Jordan Todman wanted to leave U-Conn. early for the NFL draft, I made him stand up in front of the whole squad and tell them face to face that he was breaking his commitment. I said, “Jordan, I think you have something to say to these guys.”

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I read it earlier and the first comment was my exact thought as I read it. Tougher on Edsall than Paterno.

Reaction Score
Shawn Corchesne (sp?) has been going on and on about this on Twitter. He said that Edsall once leaked a story to him and then went off about the story. Does anyone remember which story this was?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shawn Corchesne (sp?) has been going on and on about this on Twitter. He said that Edsall once leaked a story to him and then went off about the story. Does anyone remember which story this was?

The easy guess would be BeerGate.

Reaction Score
Atta boy Shawn. You got one tip in your life and then bash Randy. Let us know when you get your second tip.

Reaction Score
RE was taking one on the chin down in SEC land today on the Finebaum show too.

Reaction Score
I knew Edsall was going to be a clusterfck at Maryland. But this is surpassing even my modest expectations.

And remember expectation management was a cornerstone of Edsallspeak.

Reaction Score
It was interesting following the beat reporters on twitter go back and forth about this. Aside from Corchesne they all thought it was pretty harsh. They ranged from Joe D I think having the most compassion to John Silver who looked at it pretty matter of factly. I thought it was pretty harsh...should have been better fact checked (both Todman mention and spelling of UConn). The media here was pretty easy on Edsall during his tenure here. It seemed as if they got the least bit critical of him, his ways, or his coaching job he would bluster and shut that guy out for a certain amount of time. The DC media is as bad as the NYC, Chicago or LA media markets. He needs to call his mentor Tom Coughlin and spend some time with him so he can remake his image. Isn't it kind of ironic that Jenkins pens a piece like this so soon after Danny O'Brien decides to transfer. As it gets worse for him down there I don't think he can survive a season without winning at least 8 games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty harsh...should have been better fact checked (both Todman mention and spelling of UConn).
The Washington Post has always spelled UConn U-Conn. Always.

Reaction Score
I knew Edsall was going to be a clusterfck at Maryland. But this is surpassing even my modest expectations.

And remember expectation management was a cornerstone of Edsallspeak.
Agreed. No way did I think it would get this ugly so fast. Remember when he would go on about UConn fans having no right to "expectations", because we had no history. That was a bad a attitude. You can't run from expectations forever.

FDNY, one of the things I knew when he left, was that his slick tongue, wouldn't fly down there. Edsall would say some foul things to reporters up here. Your right, he better win fast, and with the mass exodus of players I don't see how he could do it.
One thing that article got 100% right, is that Randy Edsall is all about Randy Edsall. The undefeated record against hats being worn inside was funny.

Reaction Score
Edsall is doing terribly there so far, no question, but this article is just a bunch of whiny nonsense. i can't believe some people get paid to pout in articles like this. this is the type of crap MarylandAl should be griping about on a message board, not a supposed journalist in a major newspaper

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
This was hilarious, great read and oh so true.

"The enemy needs to understand who it’s dealing with in Randy Edsall. The Chief Petty Officer, that’s who."

Reaction Score
Another intersting take on the FHCRE media 'lovefest.' Eric P delves into FHCRE's accusation about the possibility of HCF's improper contact with former players.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...from-maryland/2012/02/17/gIQA5C0vJR_blog.html
"Vanderbilt Coach James Franklin has denied improper contact with three players..."
"Edsall has questioned whether there has been improper, premature contact between Vanderbilt coaches and the players, according to individuals familiar with the discussions between O’Brien and Edsall."

Reaction Score
Easy to make accusations without actually making them. Pat Summit canceling the WCBB games with Uconn with "you know why" with out having to say it or prove it. Edsall saying can't transfer to Vandy without having to actually accuse them of something, just leave it out there.

It is quite amazing to me that a guy who almost never was able to beat a top 25 team in 11 years, somehow gets his dream job at a real football school, gets a chance to reinvent himself as a "better version" of himself; and just doesn't. He is doing all this to himself and will never SEE it. It is extraordinary how he is currently viewed as coach of Maryland, other than his new assistant coach, hard to find a recent example that compares.

Funny the comment about Caine Mutiny; was flicking channels yesterday and caught the end of it where Bogart is testifying and doing the marble deal - Captain/Coach - lot of power and opportunity to do it your way. Which can be good or soooooo bad.

Reaction Score
Easy to make accusations without actually making them. Pat Summit canceling the WCBB games with Uconn with "you know why" with out having to say it or prove it. Edsall saying can't transfer to Vandy without having to actually accuse them of something, just leave it out there.

It is quite amazing to me that a guy who almost never was able to beat a top 25 team in 11 years, somehow gets his dream job at a real football school, gets a chance to reinvent himself as a "better version" of himself; and just doesn't. He is doing all this to himself and will never SEE it. It is extraordinary how he is currently viewed as coach of Maryland, other than his new assistant coach, hard to find a recent example that compares.

Funny the comment about Caine Mutiny; was flicking channels yesterday and caught the end of it where Bogart is testifying and doing the marble deal - Captain/Coach - lot of power and opportunity to do it your way. Which can be good or soooooo bad.

Do you guys intentionally crap all over UConn, or is that just a by-product of your hatred for everything Edsall?

Reaction Score
Yes, because any expectation greater than a low one was "irrational"! We were in trailers. We also didn't have an opposable thumb at one point too.

Agreed. No way did I think it would get this ugly so fast. Remember when he would go on about UConn fans having no right to "expectations", because we had no history. That was a bad a attitude. You can't run from expectations forever.

FDNY, one of the things I knew when he left, was that his slick tongue, wouldn't fly down there. Edsall would say some foul things to reporters up here. Your right, he better win fast, and with the mass exodus of players I don't see how he could do it.
One thing that article got 100% right, is that Randy Edsall is all about Randy Edsall. The undefeated record against hats being worn inside was funny.

Reaction Score
Do you guys intentionally crap all over UConn, or is that just a by-product of your hatred for everything Edsall?

Do you intentionally ignore the whole Top 25 thing, or are wins against ranked opponents "overrated"?

If Edsall actually was what you Apologists think he is, then he would have won a few more of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom