If Jackson Played for Calhoun… | Page 4 | The Boneyard

If Jackson Played for Calhoun…

Status
Not open for further replies.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
This is a trash Jackson thread…..pay attention
This should all stop. It's not just in bad taste, but it's low class and proves the adage that when you're attacking someone else, it says more about you than them.

During the DePaul game, Lavall Jordan relayed that he had a long talk with Andre before the game, and that yes - teams sagging off him on offense really is bothering him, and that he's doing his best to work through this. I can't imagine the pressure on this young man.

He's a phenomenal athlete, and Hurley's very first signing of that class. He's Big East All-Academic. He's not just a great team player, he was chosen as one of our captains. All this trashing of him has seeped into the public discussion, and not only hurts him and our team, but shows UConn fans in a bad light.

Criticism is one thing, but trashing someone and then encouraging the crowd to pile on is wrong on several levels. Especially when the trashing is coming from people who probably couldn't dribble the ball 94 feet if they were the only one on the court.

Reaction Score
This should all stop. It's not just in bad taste, but it's low class and proves the adage that when you're attacking someone else, it says more about you than them.

During the DePaul game, Lavall Jordan relayed that he had a long talk with Andre before the game, and that yes - teams sagging off him on offense really is bothering him, and that he's doing his best to work through this. I can't imagine the pressure on this young man.

He's a phenomenal athlete, and Hurley's very first signing of that class. He's Big East All-Academic. He's not just a great team player, he was chosen as one of our captains. All this trashing of him has seeped into the public discussion, and not only hurts him and our team, but shows UConn fans in a bad light.

Criticism is one thing, but trashing someone and then encouraging the crowd to pile on is wrong on several levels. Especially when the trashing is coming from people who probably couldn't dribble the ball 94 feet if they were the only one on the court.
Nicely said

Reaction Score

One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
He is playing himself out of minutes. Especially if Alleyne picks up his game like he did in spurts last night.

Reaction Score
If Jackson played for Calhoun ????

The would have NEVER been a illusion that he was a point guard or could be.

Calhoun would have been utilizing him as a 6th man spark plug/change of pace.

And the flashy stuff and T’s would have him on the bench

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Calhoun probably would’ve treated him like Rudy Gay.

Think Rudy had a quota for how much he would have to take it to the rim instead of settle for jumpers.

If Andre or his fam reads this I hope they don’t take it the wrong way either. He’s loved and I think everyone just wants him to play up to his potential because he has SO much of it. He really has the talent and mindset to be one of the best players in the country.

Reaction Score

"Jimmy would have screamed at Andre until he was a 60% three point shooter! He would have willed it!"

This place absolutely blows this season.

Reaction Score
AJax should watch early films of Jordan, another super freak. Jordan was so focused on the basket. Jackson has the vision and athleticism to play the same type of game, especially defensively.

Reaction Score
Not a knock on you but can you preface your statement with “I think or I find”. It’s clearly your personal opinion, not the fact but yet you speak it like one.

The GOAT beat the cancer, and you were saying He NEVER thrive in todays game like a forgone conclusion. The audacity!

Christ, the legend coached almost half a century and he adapted it like chameleon. He did not lose a single step and have a record to show for it. Just watch what he did for St. Joseph. Is that modern enough for you?
Obviously it is an opinion. Game is the same, kids are not. Audacity? If you say so. St Joes was a totally different arena.

Reaction Score
I do not think that JC would play him until he proved he could make at least 30% of his shots... He cannot hit the broadside of a barn since we entered Conference play.

Reaction Score
Listen to the final 7 minutes of the Top Dogs podcast and you'll understand why he's been in a slump since the Xavier game on 12/31. They were the first team all year that played the same defense we saw at times last year. Give him 10 feet of space and dare him to try to score. Defenses are basically telling him that he sucks so bad that a wide open Jackson shot is better for them than a contested shot from Hawkins/Newton/Sanogo etc.

It's gotta be pretty damaging mentally to have that happen to you. Hurley needs to figure out ways to not put Jackson in those positions. Any time Jackson is camping out on the 3 point line it is a win for the defense. Put him in the paint and let him use his athleticism to grab rebounds. It's not that hard to make that simple change...

I seem to agree with you on most things, but I really don't think this is the answer. Andre in movement on the wings or as a screener is better than a post up. That kills our spacing.

When he's getting sagged off is when he's the primary ballhandler. That role needs to go to Newton.

Just my 2c

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I do not think that JC would play him until he proved he could make at least 30% of his shots... He cannot hit the broadside of a barn since we entered Conference play.
I don’t think JC ever straight up not played someone he thought could be good. Would he bench him at times? Yeah. But he’d probably let him play through his mistakes and let him know what he’s doing wrong immediately. Like I don’t think it would’ve taken him 3 years to recognize this is a serious issue.

Reaction Score

Calhoun teams had more than enough flash, technicals, and anything else.

Ya'll have some revisionist history.

Reaction Score

I think there is a lot of pressure on him and most here are talking about his play because they know precisely how gifted he is. The comments are really directed towards the adults that are supposed to help him elevate his skills, situational awareness and performance mindset, not devolve them. There is no in-game accountability just a lot rah-rah. AJ is a fierce competitor with Superman athleticism not being controlled or directed in an effective way.

Reaction Score
Calhoun teams had more than enough flash, technicals, and anything else.

Ya'll have some revisionist history.
The difference is those guys actually made shots and defended while doing it.

Talk about revisionist history. What JC team would Jackson start or get the mins. he is getting on this team…

Reaction Score
What does hold him accountable be? You want him to scream at Jackson? Is that supposed to make him player better?
Teach him, IN PRACTICE. He plays defense flatfooted, which is why he is so often beaten to the basket, commits a reach-in or over-the-back foul. Defense is played on the balls of one's feet, not on one's heels. This is high school training..................but defense doesn't make the ESPN Top Ten..................unless it's a spectacular block into the stands, which is less valuable than taking a charge, causing a turnover, or creating a shot-clock violation - all of which result in UConn getting possession. The super, duper block into the stands results in............the shooting team retaining possession.

Reaction Score
The difference is those guys actually made shots and defended while doing it.

Talk about revisionist history. What JC team would Jackson start or get the mins. he is getting on this team…

No.

Many.

Reaction Score
"Jimmy would have screamed at Andre until he was a 60% three point shooter! He would have willed it!"

This place absolutely blows this season.
If you think that, then leave or stop taking part. You are an insulting bore and your comments to fellow Boneyarders are overly insulting, disrespectful and not necessary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing for sure - that would just about do it for the technical fouls for AJ

Reaction Score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. AJ is a great ball handler and passer but he tends to play out of control a lot of the time. He just needs to take a step back and not try to rush things.

Also coaching staff is doing him a disservice by not running plays directly for him that capitalize on his athleticism.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
If you think that, then leave or stop taking part. You are an insulting bore and your comments to fellow Boneyarders are overly insulting, disrespectful and not necessary.
ya - ha! cash moneh right there. mo-neh.
the only thing different this season is the little pack of parachuters dropping in to torch a poster, not torch a poster's thoughts, just to torch a poster.
angry birds, and according to them, no bad words aboot danny or ajax.
they get the madds when someone says the obvious aboot either, like
danny's record is lousy in close games. 5 years.
danny's record on wins against ranked on the road is zero. 5 years.
ajax can't score. 3 years. make him do something else.
back to our regularly scheduled program - kum -ba-ya, m'lord, kumbaya.
kum-ba-ya m'lord, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69