If Jackson Played for Calhoun… | The Boneyard

If Jackson Played for Calhoun…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He would be riding the bench for some of the lapses he had once again tonight. The technical, the unnecessary charge, the wild shots….

I don’t put this on Jackson but rather Hurley. He is going to have to hold him more accountable because we will not be able to compete at the highest levels with these types of plays.

This is more about Hurley than Jackson - he needs to be a bit more like Jim Calhoun and holding players accountable during the game when they put themselves before the team.

Reaction Score
Bench him for who?
I think we have lots of different combinations that can work — in fact when he went off in the second half, our lead ballooned up.

We have not shortage of players - I don’t think that is the question. He may be the worst shooter on the team as of right now.

Reaction Score
He would be riding the bench for some of the lapses he had once again tonight. The technical, the unnecessary charge, the wild shots….

I don’t put this on Jackson but rather Hurley. He is going to have to hold him more accountable because we will not be able to compete at the highest levels with these types of plays.

This is more about Hurley than Jackson - he needs to be a bit more like Jim Calhoun and holding players accountable during the game when they put themselves before the team.
The technical was bogus..the offensive foul came right after Hurley got on him for not attacking the rim when they sag so far and the “wild” floaters look great when they drop. Just saying.

I’m all for losing the No look passes though…

Reaction Score
DH needs to trust that the team will figure out what to do without Jackson in there.

There’s too many turnovers and bad shots that negate his rebounds and “playing hard”.

Time to get 5v5 out there instead of 4v5 on offense. Newton and Jackson are showing that they can do it.

Daz

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as an easy shot for Jackson; even the infrequent drives to the hoop often produce bricks. The opponents are virtually goading him to shoot. Great effort, all over the floor, but too many bad passes and the technicals are adding up. He seems like such a coachable kid…..I don’t get it.

Reaction Score
The technical was bogus..the offensive foul came right after Hurley got on him for not attacking the rim when they sag so far and the “wild” floaters look great when they drop. Just saying.

I’m all for losing the No look passes though…
This is not an all out on Jackson, but a plea for Hurley to be a better game day coach.

Calhoun did not let things go - and maybe to a faullt some days. - but man would he let it be known if he felt a player was slacking.

The charge in 2nd half while the game was fairly close was a severe lapse in judgement by Jackson - he needs to ride the pine if he ever going to learn to make improvements. We have many quite competent players sitting.

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as an easy shot for Jackson; even the infrequent drives to the hoop often produce bricks. The opponents are virtually goading him to shoot. Great effort, all over the floor, but too many bad passes and the technicals are adding up. He seems like such a coachable kid…..I don’t get it.
Great point, Daz. You said it Better that I, and again, I think this falls squarely into Hurley’s basket. Almost 2 MM a year, figure it out Dan!

Reaction Score

He’s just been flat awful lately and getting worse. He’s probably the worst fundamental player we’ve had since Selvie. I would love to see his +/- over the last 10 games. It has to be the worst on the team.

Reaction Score
DH needs to trust that the team will figure out what to do without Jackson in there.

There’s too many turnovers and bad shots that negate his rebounds and “playing hard”.

Time to get 5v5 out there instead of 4v5 on offense. Newton and Jackson are showing that they can do it.
Agreed!! We know what he is by now. He’s never just gonna make the sound, fundamental play and for every great play he makes, he makes 3-4 bonehead plays. Time to severely curtail his minutes.

Reaction Score
Jackson hasn’t been good for awhile now - even on defense, which is surprising. And it’s not lack of effort. There’s no doubt the kid plays hard. My best guess is that his shooting difficulties have taken a toll on him and that he’s allowing that to bring down the rest of his game.

Ultimately, he needs to stop always trying to make the home run play. He needs to play smarter basketball.

You’re right that Calhoun would’ve laid into him for his recent play. But some kids don’t react well to that type of coaching - and I suspect Andre might be one of those.

Here’s hoping he figures it out. He’s a great kid and we’re all rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Jackson hasn’t been good for awhile now - even on defense, which is surprising. And it’s not lack of effort. There’s no doubt the kid plays hard. My best guess is that his shooting difficulties have taken a toll on him and that he’s allowing that to bring down the rest of his game.

Ultimately, he needs to stop always trying to make the home run play. He needs to play smarter basketball.

You’re right that Calhoun would’ve laid into him for his recent play. But some kids don’t react well to that type of coaching - and I suspect Andre might be one of those.

Here’s hoping he figures it out. He’s a great kid and we’re all rooting for him.
Agree with most of this. I think Calhoun would help Jackson identify what his role could/should be and then get the very best out of him. Calhoun simply demanded it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Calhoun would’ve told Jackson year 1 that he’s not going anywhere without being able to score instead of waiting until year 3 to be like uhhh you’re not a PG after all and scoring is necessary for you lol.

It’s not like the kid doesn’t work hard either. He’s probably one of the hardest workers on the team. He’s just had terrible direction.

Reaction Score
Lmao. A criticism worth starting a whole thread where you are still living in 2009. Constructive Criticism on this board is almost non existent

Okay buddy.
Yeah dude, I had a hard time watching the same bad plays over and over again, that frankly defy logic. Almost any other player would sit and or get some chewing out in the game and it just hasn’t happened.

And I am saying it needs to if we are going to turn the corner.

Reaction Score

What does hold him accountable be? You want him to scream at Jackson? Is that supposed to make him player better?

Reaction Score

If yelling doesn’t work with Jackson, that’s fine - just reduce minutes until you see what we need at that position. It can’t continue on like this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom