I love how people with no money ... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
What's really ironic is you're doing the same thing he is! You guys have no answers. You think any fan is happy with how this season has started? I would love to be undefeated and top 10 right now with or without Ollie. I personally fear a coaching change not done the correct way could have far worse consequences than what we've seen so far this year. So what I ask for is a well thought out plan for what a coaching change looks like so I can understand it better. But of course there are crickets. You guys will just go to the next thread flippantly calling for Ollie's head Ad nauseum (see trolling).

And my god, are you really using post count and time registered on this board as some guage of authority and something I should respect? What's also really ironic is that I think this board would be considerably better with some type of posting limit so you're barking up the wrong tree. This guy could have saved himself 10 posts in this thread alone, they are all drivel.

And I've been to going to UCONN basketball games since I was in the womb. The only reason I ever joined this board was because I hated how a guy could shred players and coached with impunity and never have to answer to anyone.

After taking the time to respond to yet another anonymous moron on the internet I think it may be best to just go back to lurking, or better yet block the site because the content sucks and as a whole has taken away from my UCONN basketball experience.

Don't shoot the messengers. Positive change is coming. That is something you should welcome, not fight.

Reaction Score
Funny the "BS he spews" is what EVERYONE here loved about him. Even with the incorrect grammar and such everyone bought in. Now it's BS because why, he's losing and trying to be positive after a loss right? Is he supposed to say these kids just aren't buying in, they suck?

I mean hammer him for not getting the job done no doubt but the inconsistencies on people piling on are an incredible joke here. It's not all him or the staff.
Escalators are for cowards. Everyone loved that even though it made no goshdarn sense.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but there is a $3-5 ticket surcharge on tickets for various sports to pay for that.

Assuming the surcharge is 5 the men contributed 19k from the last home game. It's going to take a while at that rate. Good thing the women are rolling. Geez, just had a horrible thought. Have the UConn women ever delivered a higher season attendance then the men? If not, this could be the year.

Reaction Score
Oh great, another anonymous troll. You're a top 5 worst poster on the board but you bring up a fair point that I should have included so I'll reply. I think the NC alone buys Ollie one more season barring another off season like last year. I also think this team is much more dynamic and successful with a true point guard and I personally find it really hard to skewer Ollie for an injury to AG. And it's very far from a simple hire.

Coming from you makes me feel top 5. Troll what’s that new.... so creative.

The team wasn’t 100% reliant on AG until KO couldn’t hold onto his best recruit. this team wasn’t that much more impressive when AG played. But certain posters will always find excuses for Ollie’s incompetency as a HC.

Reaction Score
It’s ridiculous to state that Napier coached the Team.

Something worked that year and Ollie deserves tremendous credit. Love how many here dismiss a National Championship; it is a huge 100 year High Water Mark in most all CBB programs. Think about it. Even the modestly successful get venerated for One NC.

I don’t think we (this mix of kids) are far from very competitive.

Reaction Score
What's really ironic is you're doing the same thing he is! You guys have no answers. You think any fan is happy with how this season has started? I would love to be undefeated and top 10 right now with or without Ollie. I personally fear a coaching change not done the correct way could have far worse consequences than what we've seen so far this year. So what I ask for is a well thought out plan for what a coaching change looks like so I can understand it better. But of course there are crickets. You guys will just go to the next thread flippantly calling for Ollie's head Ad nauseum (see trolling).

And my god, are you really using post count and time registered on this board as some guage of authority and something I should respect? What's also really ironic is that I think this board would be considerably better with some type of posting limit so you're barking up the wrong tree. This guy could have saved himself 10 posts in this thread alone, they are all drivel.

And I've been to going to UCONN basketball games since I was in the womb. The only reason I ever joined this board was because I hated how a guy could shred players and coaches with impunity and never have to answer to anyone.

After taking the time to respond to yet another anonymous moron on the internet I think it may be best to just go back to lurking, or better yet block the site because the content sucks and as a whole has taken away from my UCONN basketball experience.

Tuna appreciate the effort and thought. You can't win anything with any positive thoughts on the board or even an attempt at a post like that. Just not worth it as you will find out, but it's easy to find out who to "Ignore" rather than go back and forth with those types, try it makes it easier on the day. I get it but they've become impossible if you are a Pollyanna guy LOL. Good luck and stay positive.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Something worked that year and Ollie deserves tremendous credit.

Ollie gets tremendous credit, in the form of a big paycheck and the benefit of the doubt from most for 3.5 years. But he has shown nothing for three years. He's like Dom Perno right now, even if he got good players he wouldn't know what to do with them.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Something worked that year and Ollie deserves tremendous credit. Love how many here dismiss a National Championship; it is a huge 100 year High Water Mark in most all CBB programs. Think about it. Even the modestly successful get venerated for One NC.

We've been very competitive this year.....with Monmouth, Columbia and Cornell.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Who has credibility here, you think you do? LOL hilarious no one has fn credibility we just have opinions. Read my stuff I may have hung on too long for KO, I don't know all the little rumors and stuff but hey I'm a UConn fan through and through tried to hang on. I'm going with what's on he court and who's on the bench you do you what you have to. I've admitted he's not doing the job right now but guess what he's still there and I still hope my UConn team can win some games, that's me shoot me you will see the blue come out. I would hang in there for anyone on that bench because they are coaching the team who I have lived winters with for so long, doesn't matter who. I can't give up on them no matter, always leave that glimmer of hope still will until the smoke is settled. For those just happy they aren't winning to ensure he gets fired I wonder how you can be like that?

But hey that's just me!

No, it's not, mau. There are still plenty of fairly rational, grounded in reality Husky fans who understand that 10 million $$$ may be an insurmountable obstacle to making a coaching change at the end of this season. We may very well end up having to live with who we have during the forseeable future, whether we all want to or not. Under those circumstances, why not continue to support the team, instead of booing Ollie at games and ranting on internet message boards, acting like he's an evil villain? The season isn't over yet. If it ends badly then we should look toward making some serious changes if feasible, but for now, I will continue to support this team and coaching staff.

Reaction Score
No, it's not, mau. There are still plenty of fairly rational, grounded in reality Husky fans who understand that 10 million $$$ may be an insurmountable obstacle to making a coaching change at the end of this season. We may very well end up having to live with who we have during the forseeable future, whether we all want to or not. Under those circumstances, why not continue to support the team, instead of booing Ollie at games and ranting on internet message boards, acting like he's an evil villain? The season isn't over yet. If it ends badly then we should look toward making some serious changes if feasible, but for now, I will continue to support this team and coaching staff.

We'll stated Nick!

Reaction Score
... yell the loudest to just pay the buyout.

The Diaco thing was a “once in a lifetime” fortuitous twist. A Princess Bride miracle option. UConn doesn’t have a second former coach waiting to work for $1 ... or do they.

KO to the NBA

As if not having money doesn't entitle you to an opinion. A sentiment that led to revolutions all around the world in the 19th and 20th centuries. UCONN is a large business in a sense and 10 million(most likely less with Ollie) is not some insurmountable number for a school with an endowment over 420 million dollars and an athletic budget of 80 million.

They will find a way. If Ollie wasn't a UCONN guy there is no way you would show this kind of blind loyalty and faith to someone who is burning down the mansion he inherited.

Not to worry about Kevin as he has made millions thanks to UCONN both as a player and as a coach. He will be fine, but our basketball program will not if we continue with him for the long haul.

Reaction Score

He deserves a ton of credit for that championship season, and just as much credit for keeping things together the year they were banned. It’s revisionist history to say otherwise.

He also deserves tons of credit (not in a good way, obviously) for squandering the golden opportunity he had following UConn’s fourth national championship. Lots of excuses have been made along the way, but none of them make up for the disaster UConn’s become on Kevin Ollie’s watch.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is it that difficult to say that Ollie was great his first two years and has been horrible the last 3.5?

People change, people underperform and organizations have to make a decision to either hold out and hope that someone rekindles the magic or they bring in someone new.

Making 1 NCAA over 4 seasons (assuming we don't get in this year) is an abject failure at UConn.

At $3M a season, that would get you fired immediately if not for this idiotic buyout negotiatiated by the Rock Star and Susie Lax.

C

Chief00

Is it that difficult to say that Ollie was great his first two years and has been horrible the last 3.5?

People change, people underperform and organizations have to make a decision to either hold out and hope that someone rekindles the magic or they bring in someone new.

Making 1 NCAA over 4 seasons (assuming we don't get in this year) is an abject failure at UConn.

At $3M a season, that would get you fired immediately if not for this idiotic buyout negotiatiated by the Rock Star and Susie Lax.
Let’s be frank, Calhoun was at just about every practice and game KO’s first two years. Along with Calhoun recruited players who could SHOOT, that certainly helped. But, I agree they could execute the pro sets KO likes to run - where the current crew can’t. Goes back to getting the right talent for your system, especially if your a one system guy.

Reaction Score
Oh great, another anonymous troll. You're a top 5 worst poster on the board but you bring up a fair point that I should have included so I'll reply. I think the NC alone buys Ollie one more season barring another off season like last year. I also think this team is much more dynamic and successful with a true point guard and I personally find it really hard to skewer Ollie for an injury to AG. And it's very far from a simple hire.

How about you see things for what they are and realize that things are not going to turn around under this head coach? Shooting the messengers doesn't accomplish anything. Bringing in a new, accomplished head coach would provide hope that UConn could be relevant again.

We all wanted KO to succeed, but the body of work over the past 3 1/2 seasons strongly suggests otherwise.

Reaction Score
Ollie gets tremendous credit, in the form of a big paycheck and the benefit of the doubt from most for 3.5 years. But he has shown nothing for three years. He's like Dom Perno right now, even if he got good players he wouldn't know what to do with them.

Doesn’t change the accomplishment.

And that’s something that Dom Perno, undeniably, could not produce with LeBron. I think we see a HC who has entered the vortex of confused. The Perno comparable doesn’t wash. I care about KO: he can be valued on that million $ big city bench.

Part of OUR UConn problem is the Fanbase. Us. We seemingly lost our passion for CBB Development. I’m not sure the next guy - amongst 20 guys names thrown out - is a fit; and I’m certain expectations will be far too high.

Yes. I don’t give a frig. UCLA is an interesting discussion to UConn. No Joy in Mudville.

Reaction Score
Let’s be frank, Calhoun was at just about every practice and game KO’s first two years. Along with Calhoun recruited players who could SHOOT, that certainly helped. But, I agree they could execute the pro sets KO likes to run - where the current crew can’t. Goes back to getting the right talent for your system, especially if your a one system guy.
That's exactly it. We have arguably one guy, Jalen, who can break people off the dribble and create for himself as is required in the current offensive system. The staff had a big layoff before the Auburn game and now a week before the Wichita State game to work on some new plays. KO has often said something to the effect of during periods of darkness it's time to get into the lab and work hard. I'd like to see some new plays and some pressing to create easy baskets. If we see the same tired offense on Saturday with the same poor results, I'll be really disappointed but not surprised. Make us proud KO.

Reaction Score

And I've been to going to UCONN basketball games since I was in the womb. The only reason I ever joined this board was because I hated how a guy could shred players and coaches with impunity and never have to answer to anyone.

Out of respect to the mods, I'll make this my last post on this topic. Since it's one of your go to words, do you even know the definition of the word trolling? Trolling is posting off topic remarks to get a reaction out of people and create discord. Please explain how people discussing whether KO is the right fit to be head coach is off topic in a thread created to discuss buying out his contract??? If you're going to keep calling people a name, at least know what it means!!

Reaction Score
F^k you for creating a post titled "I love how people with no money"
Pudge
Is it really your opinion that only those with money are allowed to have an opinion on the basketball coach? Seriously? Imagine if some poor slob had an opinion on some major issue. War and peace for example? I can’t imagine you’d think much of that. Leave having opinions to their better, eh Pudge? Next thing you know these mere commoners will want to vote.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Assuming the surcharge is 5 the men contributed 19k from the last home game. It's going to take a while at that rate. Good thing the women are rolling. Geez, just had a horrible thought. Have the UConn women ever delivered a higher season attendance then the men? If not, this could be the year.

Bear in mind that the 2017 figures for the men will probably rise with more good games at home during league play. They haven't played anyone at home yet.

2017: Men - 8,505; Women - 8,888
2016: Men - 10,415; Women - 8,920
2015: Men - 10,687; Women - 8,216

NCAA Men's Basketball Attendance
Women's Basketball Attendance

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Funny the "BS he spews" is what EVERYONE here loved about him. Even with the incorrect grammar and such everyone bought in. Now it's BS because why, he's losing and trying to be positive after a loss right? Is he supposed to say these kids just aren't buying in, they suck?

I mean hammer him for not getting the job done no doubt but the inconsistencies on people piling on are an incredible joke here. It's not all him or the staff.
At some point it's on the head coach. Maybe not having AG available is yet another mitigating factor (some would say excuse) but eventually you are what your record says you are.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

2014 was awesome. It's also getting further and further in the rear view mirror.

Saying "Coach X won a national championship, he should get some breathing room" is valid thing to say when said coach is doing some or most of the following things consistently:
  1. winning conference regular championships
  2. winning conference tournaments
  3. being ranked in the AP Top 25 regularly
  4. consistently making NCAA's
  5. advancing to S16s, E8's or better at least every few years
  6. recruiting and maintaining a workable roster with solid recruits, not having to scramble to fill roster holes
  7. not making your fans want to stab their own eyeballs on a nightly basis with the quality of play

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bear in mind that the 2017 figures for the men will probably rise with more good games at home during league play. They haven't played anyone at home yet.

2017: Men - 8,505; Women - 8,888
2016: Men - 10,415; Women - 8,920
2015: Men - 10,687; Women - 8,216

NCAA Men's Basketball Attendance
Women's Basketball Attendance

That’s what 2017 calendar year? It shows 17 games for UConn and unless I’ve lost my mind they haven’t drawn 8,505 at home yet this season nevermind on average?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom