I love how people with no money ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
Nobody's saying that.

All we're saying is that after the (seemingly inevitable) firing, you all will continue to be miserable when the new coach doesn't meet your expectations.
All I’m saying is I’d like to see a change be made, maybe be competitive. I know it’s a process and we’re probably never going to relive the glory days. show a little heart out there. Show you might have some sort of offensive strategy, maybe some effort. I don’t think making the tournament on a regular basis and being competitive are unrealistic expectations. Maybe, we should just give Kevin another few years and hope he figures it out.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's not my fault you are not equipped to handle that if it continues when Ollie leaves...

Substitute Perno for Ollie and by your logic, you never would have hired Calhoun. Who knows what a new coach would bring, but that’s a bad reason not to let someone go whose team’s often look uncoached. Seems like lack of expectation is worse than too much expectation.

Reaction Score
The OP may have set a record for most arrogant, dooshest post ever. I grew up on the south end of Bridgeport. I have MBB and FB season's tickets. I am fortunate enough to live in Westport now. I worked a paper route through the projects.

You disgust me.

That’s OK. I’ve never ever read a post of yours I respect.

Reaction Score
It's not my fault you are not equipped to handle that if it continues when Ollie leaves...

I am better equipped to understand the uncertainties of a hiring decision than you ever will be.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say you agree that a change is necessary, yet you berate anyone who believes that it is likely that our performance will improve under the replacement. It’s obvious that you are not sophisticated enough to understand the problem with those two positions.

Reaction Score
He works hard, gets out of the south end of Bridgeport and you piss on him? Great man you are.

BS

I’ve read his Posts. That’s all we know about each other. He is consistently a whiner and lacks basketball acumen. Yeah. I possibly can use that part of my brain ... not my social responsibility and emotional honesty part.

Reaction Score
Someone better and more accomplished than Pikiell, also not a former Husky.

We are more than Kevin Ollie at UConn.

In that building is Dee Rowe. Jim Calhoun. Geno Auriemma. Two HOF and one of the most connected men in CBB. A Culture. This idea that you shtcan what MAKES UCONN ... makes no sense to me.

I actually have a UCLA degree as well as UConn. Culture is important. And if we follow Wooden with Larry Brown Jim Harrick Steve Lavin Ben Howland Steve Alford ... the best years are when you honor our past with ties. Connectivity

Wooden ... btw ... had far less of a potential coaching tree than Calhoun.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We are more than Kevin Ollie at UConn.

In that building is Dee Rowe. Jim Calhoun. Geno Auriemma. Two HOF and one of the most connected men in CBB. A Culture. This idea that you shtcan what MAKES UCONN ... makes no sense to me.

I actually have a UCLA degree as well as UConn. Culture is important. And if we follow Wooden with Larry Brown Jim Harrick Steve Lavin Ben Howland Steve Alford ... the best years are when you honor our past with ties. Connectivity

Wooden ... btw ... had far less of a potential coaching tree than Calhoun.
Can you go 2 weeks without mentioning you went to UCLA? It's like Pudge bingo.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think the OP is lost and should be returned to the football board extolling the last 4 UConn football recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
BS

I’ve read his Posts. That’s all we know about each other. He is consistently a whiner and lacks basketball acumen. Yeah. I possibly can use that part of my brain ... not my social responsibility and emotional honesty part.

And you are the expert on all matters. Got it.

Reaction Score
Gotta avoid these albatross contract buyouts going forward. Pay a guy worth it, a higher salary with a lower buyout if you have to.

P5 money can buy you out of multiple bad contract buyouts, we don't have that luxury. The raises to Ollie and Diaco border on dereliction of duty.

As far as expectations go, I'm st the point where I will be happy to not see a turnover out of a timeout. If we get a well rum play out of a timeout I may faint.
Well run play after a timeout. That was Calhoun’s ace and you’re right, under KO that’s extinct.

Reaction Score
And you are the expert on all matters. Got it.

Reading comprehension

These are UConn sports boards. To the extent you thought I have any insight on getting out of the south side of Bridgeport ... you’re a little off. Even though, I probably have more researched insight on urban residential than most. Ewekon has a Profile: he’s the same on hoop. Maybe me too.

As for UCLA hoop and the UConn hoop Programs ... there are some interesting parallels.

I fear part of the UConn hoop problem is us - the most passionate fans in the Fanbase. We probably have no capacity to see a rebuild. With Kevin Ollie or any other (Danny Hurley or others) or even Calhoun redux ... we are in rebuild mode. We bet on Larrier, Adams, Gilbert as our core; but also Enoch, Jackson & Durham. The steps are obvious ... they aren’t solved in one year.

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension

These are UConn sports boards. To the extent you thought I have any insight on getting out of the south side of Bridgeport ... you’re a little off. Even though, I probably have more researched insight on urban residential than most. Ewekon has a Profile: he’s the same on hoop. Maybe me too.

As for UCLA hoop and the UConn hoop Programs ... there are some interesting parallels.

I fear part of the UConn hoop problem is us - the most passionate fans in the Fanbase. We probably have no capacity to see a rebuild. With Kevin Ollie or any other (Danny Hurley or others) or even Calhoun redux ... we are in rebuild mode. We bet on Larrier, Adams, Gilbert as our core; but also Enoch, Jackson & Durham. The steps are obvious ... they aren’t solved in one year.

You are brilliant, in your own mind.

Reaction Score
Are the people who want Ollie fired the same ones that wanted JC fired during the end of his tenure?

Reaction Score
Nobody's saying that.

All we're saying is that after the (seemingly inevitable) firing, you all will continue to be miserable when the new coach doesn't meet your expectations.

There is no logical reason to conclude that. The new guy at least deserves a chance before you tag him with the "disappointment" label.

Reaction Score
Stair,

What should our expectations be? Play hard? Have pride in the uniform? Be in contention for conference championships? Make the tournament and have a chance?

What are your expectations?
Could we add learn to move without the ball, learn to pass and block out to your list?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom