I love how people with no money ... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I love how people with no money ...

Reaction Score
What rock have you and your supporters been living under? :confused: Head bang A state school in a state that is close to bankrupt..
No personal attack here but do you not read anything on UConn in the news???
Budget Passed by State Legislature Potentially Devastating to UConn - UConn Today
With Feasibility Study And Ticket Surcharge, UConn Moving Forward On Plans For New Stadiums

Made my football donation towards the new facilities, got the new HUSKY ATHLETIC FUND pkg in the mail today looking for more. Again nothing personal just a different take on the situation. I do see you are from DC where money is like confetti, not so much in CT these days...
Bottom line on the OP, attendance speaks for what the situation is.

Hey, I have supporters!

I've made it!!

Look, higher ed funding is a complicated thing.

Long story short; just because the state is running out of money, doesn't mean the school is.

Reaction Score
How many fallacies can you cram into one post?

1. I have friends and family that are season ticket holders or at least avid UCONN fans. Only 1 out of 11 of them want Ollie out immediately. It's a small sample but I find it hard to believe that this subset of fans is that much of an outlier from the general population. And regardless, you and those with your point of view do not speak for all of us. That was my original point.

2. You complain incessantly but what is your proposed solution? And I mean detailed solution.

3. How much has this team been hurt by Gilbert's injury? And how much was last year's team hurt by injuries?

4. Anonymous internet message boards will always have an overly negative tone, it's where trolls live.
Have you seen the recent attendance rates like 3800? I would argue this board has a high percentage of hardcore fans that aptly represent the avid fans sentiments. And please stop bringing up Gilbert. Huge loss for us but given his injury history, relying on him to shoulder the lion’s share of PG minutes was foolish. Also, leaving last year’s roster with two unfilled scholarships with question marks about Durham and Alterique’s health was poor planning. The results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
Are you still talking?

What do you propose? When are you firing Kevin Ollie, who is taking over in the interim, who are you hiring, when are you hiring them, who is the new hire going to coach, how much are you going to pay them, how are you going to finance KO's buyout, what results are going to please you?

I won't hold my breath waiting for any actual thoughtful answers though. Continue your trolling elsewhere.

the short of it is that you either fire Ollie and roll the dice on a new coach or you continue the descent into mediocrity. if you wait too long and continue to put together bad seasons it will be even harder to find a new coach. the job is still desirable. 2-3 more seasons of this disaster might change that. $10mm is a small price to pay when your flagship sport that put your school on the map is dying

Reaction Score
How many fallacies can you cram into one post?

1. I have friends and family that are season ticket holders or at least avid UCONN fans. Only 1 out of 11 of them want Ollie out immediately. It's a small sample but I find it hard to believe that this subset of fans is that much of an outlier from the general population. And regardless, you and those with your point of view do not speak for all of us. That was my original point.

2. You complain incessantly but what is your proposed solution? And I mean detailed solution.

3. How much has this team been hurt by Gilbert's injury? And how much was last year's team hurt by injuries?

4. Anonymous internet message boards will always have an overly negative tone, it's where trolls live.
I think the empty 8000 seats at Gampel speaks otherwise. Even the holdouts have said enough, and that changes needed. I’m sorry my friend, but these are facts. You can’t expect to take an elite program regularly ranked down to a single NCAA appearance every 4 years with any coach without that seat being scorching hot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the short of it is that you either fire Ollie and roll the dice on a new coach or you continue the descent into mediocrity. if you wait too long and continue to put together bad seasons it will be even harder to find a new coach. the job is still desirable. 2-3 more seasons of this disaster might change that. $10mm is a small price to pay when your flagship sport that put your school on the map is dying
It's not even mediocrity, he's taken a flamethrower to the program. I think the plans have already been put into motion for a new coach.

Reaction Score
It's not even mediocrity, he's taken a flamethrower to the program. I think the plans have already been put into motion for a new coach.
If they aren't already putting together a buyout plan and working on getting the buyout money then everyone in the athletic department should be fired. If they can't somehow find the money or come up with a solution, that's a different story. But I hope they're turning over every rock.

Reaction Score
If they aren't already putting together a buyout plan and working on getting the buyout money then everyone in the athletic department should be fired. If they can't somehow find the money or come up with a solution, that's a different story. But I hope they're turning over every rock.
I mean evaluating and vetting the guys you are serious about before homing in on the guy. Benedict isn't buying any of Ollie's cr@p.

Reaction Score
Are you still talking?

What do you propose? When are you firing Kevin Ollie, who is taking over in the interim, who are you hiring, when are you hiring them, who is the new hire going to coach, how much are you going to pay them, how are you going to finance KO's buyout, what results are going to please you?

I won't hold my breath waiting for any actual thoughtful answers though. Continue your trolling elsewhere.
Shut up with your trolling accusations dude. You’re calling a guy who has been on this board over 6 years, after being on the original Boneyard over 10 years a troll when you’ve been here less than 2 years and posted a whopping 115 times?! It’s ironic how the true trolls like to call everyone else trolls.

Reaction Score
Are you still talking?

Do you not understand that the program is in an awful place right now? UConn has lost games by 15, 20, 25 and 35 points this season and the upcoming Wichita State game may well be another blowout loss despite being at home. UConn also had to go to overtime to beat Monmouth and Columbia, the same Columbia team that is 1-10 on the season.

UConn is 349th out of 351 D1 teams in assists. The team routinely behind by double digits in the first half and is 2 and 15 against ranked teams since Shabazz graduated. Speaking of being ranked, do you remember the last time UConn was actually ranked in the Top 25? I didn't think so. Attendance is also WAY off because the product on the court is so bad.

You can continue to rant based on blind faith or you can see what's actually in front of you. A change is needed, that much is certain.

Reaction Score
This guy can't even put a coherent sentence together.
The truth hurts, u need a job n a life. Surely there r better things to do then repeating the same crap 24/7

C

Chief00

We are building a new baseball stadium, a new soccer stadium and taking RFPs for the new hockey arena.

The school has more than enough money at their disposial and the ability to move it around as they see fit.

It stinks that we're not in a P5 conference.

But, we got to quit talking about ourselves like we are the little sisters of the poor.

I hear you, but there is a $3-5 ticket surcharge on tickets for various sports to pay for that.

C

Chief00

He works hard, gets out of the south end of Bridgeport and you piss on him? Great man you are.
My recollection is that Calhoun always had widespread support on the Boneyard, with only a handful of exceptions during the tough seasons. Overall though the words that come to mind are respect, grattitude and admiration.
One of the exceptions was Stairmaster.
The basis appeared personal not basketball related.

Reaction Score
Ollie is not like other HCs. He bleeds our Blue.

He could leave KNOWING it wasn’t working. He has a strong solid career path available. And there he could learn to be a NBA HC ... and make far more. (Hmmm like Quinn Snyder)

This is cray talk. How about he learns to be a college coach first. This bleed blue stuff is old. Go out and win games by working harder than the other team. This starts with the HC and KO looks like a lazy bum with no game plan or ability to adjust.

Solid career path, he peaked with someone else players and Calhoun looking over his shoulder. Make far more, UConn will pay to get rid of him. Come back to earth man. This coach is a dud.

Reaction Score
This is cray talk. How about he learns to be a college coach first. This bleed blue stuff is old. Go out and win games by working harder than the other team. This starts with the HC and KO looks like a lazy bum with no game plan or ability to adjust.

Solid career path, he peaked with someone else players and Calhoun looking over his shoulder. Make far more, UConn will pay to get rid of him. Come back to earth man. This coach is a dud.

Nope you’re in limbo.

Ollie cares. And my point is that - unlike mercenaries- KO MAY find his way to leave UConn because it’s not working. The Buyout becomes easier - and the NBA still values the guy.

I disagree on his accomplishments. He really worked well as a HC in structuring a winning Shabazz Napier led team. You can’t give all the credit to Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Nope you’re in limbo.

Ollie cares. And my point is that - unlike mercenaries- KO MAY find his way to leave UConn because it’s not working. The Buyout becomes easier - and the NBA still values the guy.

I disagree on his accomplishments. He really worked well as a HC in structuring a winning Shabazz Napier led team. You can’t give all the credit to Calhoun.

I have no issue giving him credit if you can explain what has happened since. With every passing UConn game Shabazz seems more like the HC of that team.

KO seems as much a mercenary as anyone. He took the money and mailed it in, especially if you think he was this great HC in 2014.

In what way is he valued in the NBA? Is it his amazing basketball mind or the BS he spews out after each embaressing loss?

Reaction Score
Shut up with your trolling accusations dude. You’re calling a guy who has been on this board over 6 years, after being on the original Boneyard over 10 years a troll when you’ve been here less than 2 years and posted a whopping 115 times?! It’s ironic how the true trolls like to call everyone else trolls.

What's really ironic is you're doing the same thing he is! You guys have no answers. You think any fan is happy with how this season has started? I would love to be undefeated and top 10 right now with or without Ollie. I personally fear a coaching change not done the correct way could have far worse consequences than what we've seen so far this year. So what I ask for is a well thought out plan for what a coaching change looks like so I can understand it better. But of course there are crickets. You guys will just go to the next thread flippantly calling for Ollie's head Ad nauseum (see trolling).

And my god, are you really using post count and time registered on this board as some guage of authority and something I should respect? What's also really ironic is that I think this board would be considerably better with some type of posting limit so you're barking up the wrong tree. This guy could have saved himself 10 posts in this thread alone, they are all drivel.

And I've been to going to UCONN basketball games since I was in the womb. The only reason I ever joined this board was because I hated how a guy could shred players and coaches with impunity and never have to answer to anyone.

After taking the time to respond to yet another anonymous moron on the internet I think it may be best to just go back to lurking, or better yet block the site because the content sucks and as a whole has taken away from my UCONN basketball experience.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank you. You speak for the majority of the fans. The internet and comment boards are generally populate by angry people who are at the extremes of emotional instability. They are the believers of the UFOs, 9/11 was a hoax and vaccine equals autism crowd. The people that I work with are not happy with the way the season is going. They still fondly remembers 2014 and will stick with the team and Ollie

Sure not enough to show up at a game... but they are going to stick with him.

Reaction Score
I have no issue giving him credit if you can explain what has happened since. With every passing UConn game Shabazz seems more like the HC of that team.

KO seems as much a mercenary as anyone. He took the money and mailed it in, especially if you think he was this great HC in 2014.

In what way is he valued in the NBA? Is it his amazing basketball mind or the BS he spews out after each embaressing loss?

Funny the "BS he spews" is what EVERYONE here loved about him. Even with the incorrect grammar and such everyone bought in. Now it's BS because why, he's losing and trying to be positive after a loss right? Is he supposed to say these kids just aren't buying in, they suck?

I mean hammer him for not getting the job done no doubt but the inconsistencies on people piling on are an incredible joke here. It's not all him or the staff.

Reaction Score
What's really ironic is you're doing the same thing he is! You guys have no answers. You think any fan is happy with how this season has started? I would love to be undefeated and top 10 right now with or without Ollie. I personally fear a coaching change not done the correct way could have far worse consequences than what we've seen so far this year. So what I ask for is a well thought out plan for what a coaching change looks like so I can understand it better. But of course there are crickets. You guys will just go to the next thread flippantly calling for Ollie's head Ad nauseum.

And my god, are you really using post count and time registered on this board as some guage of authority and something I should respect? What's also really ironic is that I think this board would be considerably better with some type of posting limit so you're barking up the wrong tree. This guy could have saved himself 10 posts in this thread alone, they are all drivel.

And I've been to going to UCONN basketball games since I was in the womb. The only reason I ever joined this board was because I hated how a guy could shred players and coached with impunity and never have to answer to anyone.

After taking the time to respond to yet another anonymous moron on the internet I think it may be best to just go back to lurking, or better yet block the site because the content sucks and as a whole has taken away from my UCONN basketball experience.

I think your mom was drinking at the games while you were in the womb.

You have personal fear things could get worse so we’ll go with that as the program burns to ground.

Watch the teams that embarrass us that play like a team. It’s simple hire a guy who can do that. I don’t see how it could be worse than current situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funny the "BS he spews" is what EVERYONE here loved about him. Even with the incorrect grammar and such everyone bought in. Now it's BS because why, he's losing and trying to be positive after a loss right? Is he supposed to say these kids just aren't buying in, they suck?

I mean hammer him for not getting the job done no doubt but the inconsistencies on people piling on are an incredible joke here. It's not all him or the staff.

YES it doesn’t work when you’re losing. Trying something new. Let’s hear some accountability starting with him.

Mau let’s be honest you’ve lost all Credibility with you love affair for this coach. Your the same guy trying to spew positivity with your losing post over the last year.

Reaction Score
YES it doesn’t work when you’re losing. Trying something new. Let’s hear some accountability starting with him.

Mau let’s be honest you’ve lost all Credibility with you love affair for this coach. Your the same guy trying to spew positivity with your losing post over the last year.

Who has credibility here, you think you do? LOL hilarious no one has fn credibility we just have opinions. Read my stuff I may have hung on too long for KO, I don't know all the little rumors and stuff but hey I'm a UConn fan through and through tried to hang on. I'm going with what's on he court and who's on the bench you do you what you have to. I've admitted he's not doing the job right now but guess what he's still there and I still hope my UConn team can win some games, that's me shoot me you will see the blue come out. I would hang in there for anyone on that bench because they are coaching the team who I have lived winters with for so long, doesn't matter who. I can't give up on them no matter, always leave that glimmer of hope still will until the smoke is settled. For those just happy they aren't winning to ensure he gets fired I wonder how you can be like that?

But hey that's just me!

Reaction Score
I think your mom was drinking at the games while you were in the womb.

You have personal fear things could get worse so we’ll go with that as the program burns to ground.

Watch the teams that embarrass us that play like a team. It’s simple hire a guy you can do that. I don’t see how it could be worse than current situation.

Oh great, another anonymous troll. You're a top 5 worst poster on the board but you bring up a fair point that I should have included so I'll reply. I think the NC alone buys Ollie one more season barring another off season like last year. I also think this team is much more dynamic and successful with a true point guard and I personally find it really hard to skewer Ollie for an injury to AG. And it's very far from a simple hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom